Friday 21st February 2020 - Four Seasons.. seconds flick and flash... I'm alone

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - Four Seasons.. seconds flick and flash... I'm alone

Haven't heard from emzap for a few days - hope everything is ok.

What:          hopefully some easy miles
Why:           I'm trying to train for a marathon
Last hard:   making the decision not to run yesterday
Last rest:    20/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

I, also, was wondering if Emz is ok!

What: short run

Why: don't want to get too wet. Rain forecast for the majority of the day and it has already started. Nor do I want to do too much: will be the biggest week for a while and don't want it to be much more than a gradual increase on the past two.

Hope you are feeling better, Dustin, and your knees cope this morning, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Easy day apart from yoga
    Working and forecast for high winds (50mph) and hail
    Last hard: Wednesday track
    Last rest 8 days ago
    Lyrics no
  • Also wondering about emzap's abscence.

Sensible mileage build up Ale.

Enjoy the yoga OH.

Good luck with the floods today LMH.

Dustin: get in a supply of cake and biscuits for when your appetite comes back and treat yourself.

What: maybe a recovery run
    Why: depends on how the day progresses - slept badly last night and might pospone it to tomorrow instead.
    Last hard: sleeping - too much on my mind and no inclination to think during the day but couldn't stop once head on pillow.  
    Last rest: 17.02.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel - you assume I don't have a constant supply of cake and biscuits readily available....
    Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - stretch the legs, Nationals at Nottingham tomorrow (promises to be a little wet)
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - thinking about a 6 hour round trip to run 7 miles (it will be worth it!)
    lyric - not sure

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    very annoyed, commute run to work and no garmin, switched to strava and that didn't work either!
    Hey ho worse things can happen
    lmh, that's nice walking I wish I could do that - I will walk with my mate on Monday though so that will be nice. Enjoy your easy
    ale enjoy the short
    Oh not another storm
    hazel enjoy your recovery but do what is best
    Dustin enjoy the  nationals tomorrow! Take it easy today

what: 1.5 mile commute this  morning and about 3 later to my sons for some dinner!!
    WHy ticking over
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all, Park running again tomorrow hoping to shave a bit off last weeks slowest!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good luck tomorrow, wabo. Hope the weather is ok where you are. I reckon many parkruns will get cancelled if it's anything like our forecast (60 mph winds and rain).

Insomnia is so horrible, Hazel. Hope you feel better today.

Hope you get a some miles in without too many detours, LMH

What: 5 miles
    Why: recovery
    Last hard: trying to figure out how to get two back-to-back longish runs in this weekend ... I can't see myself for 20 miles on a treadmill, tbh. Was thinking about driving some place but I'd need to go about 500 miles further South to find better weather. Sigh.
    Last rest: Sunday

Yesterday's were After the Landslide, Matt Simons

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Chicksta the one I was going to do has been cancelled! Switching to another trail one, fingers crossed!
    Hope you get your runs worked out, its hard sometimes!
  • Does it have to be this weekend chicksta?

Hazel - I often have the same thing. I find that focusing on inhaling for half the time I exhale can help to calm the mind. Hope you have a better night tonight.

Dustin - i think Sunday's forecast is even worse. Hope you enjoy the day out.

parkrun cancelled already Wabo? Is that because of flooding?

Did you manage to find a dry spell for your run Alehouse?

Hope you aren't island hopping for work in that wind OH.

It was windier than I was expecting and a bit grey and ominous here but the rain held off until this afternoon. Knees held up and apart from a couple of walks to safely navigate some mud this morning's run was incident free.
  • Afternoon!

Got wet, LMH. Hasn't stopped raining yet today. Full waterproofs and I am glad it was short!

Glad your run was incident free!

re breathing for calming: breathe in slowly for a count of three, hold for a count of four, exhale for a count of five. I always see a drop in pulse rate. Useful for interviews!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • LMH: The next couple of weeks are all supposed to have longer back to back runs - I'm in that phase of the training plan so I have to figure something out. I will probably drive someplace where I can have a relatively sheltered bit to run up and down. Needs must. I had entered a low key marathon for tomorrow but it's by the sea and in all likelihood will not go ahead anyway. Even if it is I'm not going to put myself though battling 60mph winds.

It's a multi lapper so would have been perfect to do 20 odd miles and drop out of I had enough or carry on if feeling good.

Silly weather :s    and breeeeathe

• Would Sunday/Monday provide a better weather window chicksta? Or could Mr C drive you somewhere that you could run home from with a mostly tail wind?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh yep it's waterlogged apparently