Sunday 23rd February 2020 - Have you ever thought that the sky was just endlessly dark

Morning.

Lyrics - Have you ever thought that the sky was just endlessly dark

Mostly Alehouse - it started on a narrow lane with speed bumps, then there were the potholes getting to the race track followed by the rough country lane and finish on the gravel.

We've had heavy rain just about all night. Due to stop around 0900hrs but I think that there's a good chance most of my routes will be impassable again. I was planning/hoping for a LSR but I think I may settle for something shorter and hope that conditions improve later in the week - though we are forecast more heavy rain tomorrow morning.

What:            miles of some description/gym
Why:             marathon training/getting old
Last hard:     this winter
Last rest:      20/2

Yesterday's lyrics - A Habit I Can't Break - Dolly Parton.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

If you think you're getting old LMH, I don't know what that makes me! Hope you find somewhere to run.

What: short run/fitness suite

Why: working on staying young
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • An inspiration Alehouse :-) The heavy rain has stopped but as expected the river has been over again. I'm going to just go and see what I can do without too much paddling and hope that conditions are better later in the week though we are forecast more heavy rain tomorrow.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    afternoon all,

back from a windy and hilly Winchester 10k... not quite the sub 50 I wanted, but near as damm it (had it been shorter than the 6.3m.....)

Always a good start to the race meeting up with Daughter for hugs post run :-) the run its self was windy and undulating / hilly, however the splits are all pretty even except the last .3m and mile 4.... 8.00 / 8.03, 8.02, 8.14, 8.00, 7.52 and 8.21 for the last bit as leg was tiring. 50:37 provisional 

On other news, multiple appointments and referrals ref MS inc counselling, physio, support group, continence clinic / urology and medication appoint to be brought forwards.

Take care and have a blessed week all
  • That's a fantastic result, RFJ :+1:. Well done. Hope the appointments go well.

Hope you had a great race, Hazel

How did you get on, LMH? Good choice of lyrics although I don't know the song.

Torrential rain here. All day. I guess we'll be building an ark soon ;)

I was sooo tempted to ditch the back to backs but that ultra isn't going to run itself, is it? Donned my OMM jacket and braved the rain. My legs were screaming at the beginning but I ran them into submission finishing strong. I gave up on trying to avoid the puddles after about 5k and enjoyed splashing around. 12.5 miles done. 70 for the week. My legs feel fresher now than this morning. Odd.

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    It's great that you are getting such good support RFJ.

That'll be the recovery run effect chicksta:-) Windy again here today but dry by the time I set out though the flooding was increasing as the day progressed - water coming from upriver I guess. I contented myself with a good 16 miles, hopefully conditions will be better later in the week and my knees will behave and I can get the long one done.
  • Swim this morning just as icy squall came through.
    XC this afternoon with a touch of sun.
     #1of 2 in veteran men 😀
    Last hard: this morning's swim
    Friday was more restful.
    Lyrics no

Not greatly troubled by flooding here (no rivers of any magnitude) but wind has been fairly relentless.

Might get a podium finish at end of XC series if only though loyalty and duggedness 😂
  • Ah ok, got it. So my recovery runs will all be 12+ miles going going forward :D
  • Evening..

Sounds positive LMH. What made the run good as such? Curiosity..

Running does seem to help with the staying young bit Ale, was talking to the W70+ winner in the changing rooms who is a familiar face. She looks in good shape. (48:xx) today.

Great result RFJ. Must have been nice to meet your daughter. Good news regarding the appointments.

Well done on completing those back to backs Chicksta. Great weekly mileage too.

What:10k in Payerne: 43:56, some 50 seconds down on last year (also breezy)
    Why: wanted to pin on a number and this is an early and fast 10k
    Last hard: the wind. And the race as such. Didn't really feel comfy the whole way round (as far as you can in a 10k that is)
    Last rest: 21.02

Reasonably happy with the result as it was a good tempo run and I was able to finish fairly strongly, overtaking several other ladies (and a few men).

First man: 30:00.04, bet he loved that .4 of a second..
    First lady: 33:35.7

Lyrics: no

• Loyalty and duggedness deserve the reward OH.

You probably don't need to go quite that far chicksta but I do usually find that my runs get better as I go especially when I've set off wit tired/heavy legs.

Glad you feel positive about your race Hazel. A good run - one that is faster than it feels and I enjoy and end up adding a couple of miles too rather than struggling to complete the minimum mileage I've set out to achieve.
  • Agree with LMH OH. You deserve it!