Monday 24th February 2020 It's a little bit funny

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside

Hope all illnesses have now gone.

What: probably run with M74

Why: probable is down to the weather

Well done at Winchester, RFJ: not the easiest course or conditions. Trust the appointments give a clear way forward.

Well raced, Hazel and OH!

Nice back to back long running, Chick; well toughed out.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Have a good start to the week everyone.

Hope the outing with M74 works out Ale.  More bad weather..? 

What: LSR, not sure how long the L bit will be, but it will be S.
    Why: marathon miles.  I found the combination of a 10k race and a long run the next day useful though tough in the lead up to Berlin mara in 2018.  Not sure yet whether to run loops so I can bail or do a "now get out of that"* point to point run.
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 21.02.

Lyrics: can "sing" it but can't put my finger on title or artist.

*Anyone else remember that? Won't be doing anything more challenging than left foot right foot though.  Could think about building a raft to cross the river though.
  • Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - No More Rain - Kylie Minogue.

I remember that Hazel. We'll be needing an ark rather than a raft soon - more heavy rain and more flooding here.

Alehouse - hope your weather is better than ours.

I could have run this morning but I have a couple of niggles and it's filthy out with part of yesterday's route impassable this morning so whether it's sensible or lazy I don't know but I am going to content myself with walking.

What:             nothing
    Why:              sensible or lazy
    Last hard:      finding somewhere locally that isn't flooded
    Last rest:       20/2

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Looks like a busy weekend everywehere:
    RFJ & Hazel, well done with the 10k races. Hazel I'm surprised they time the 10k to 100ths of a second!
    OH - good tail walking at park run, and agree with the others about the series award. Well done!
    LmH - glad you got the run in, I love the way 16 isn't "the long one" !
    Chamolk - good skills with getting the 20 miles done, likewise decent mileage week Chicksta
    Emz - wow that is some flooding! looks like it will need a long spike though....Hope you and Lucas feel better soon
    Ale - good improvement!

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - the weekend
    Saturday was the Nationals at Nottingham's Woolaton Park. Easy drive up, still the best part of 3 hours, then 75 minutes to get in and parked (late rejig owing to wet ground...).
    My club had 20 athletes running - mainly U13s and most were covered head to toe in mud at the finish!
    Much of it was sodden, gloop, or simply underwater. 
    Senior Men off at 3 for 4 laps of varying sizes, some of it out the longer loops was almost runnable, plus some felled logs to hurdle. Lake path was sticky before entering the quagmire. Even the finish run in was sticky gloop which delighted the crowds willing everyone to "sprint" for the line....
    Actually had a good run, loved every minute. Not my fastest but ran pretty hard as conditions allowed, and the course - allegedly 12km - came out at 8.1 miles on my garmin (so 13km then!)
    Averaged around 8:30 pace (69 minutes), winner did something bonkers like 44 minutes (Gateshead athlete)

Sunday was club run, 15 miles of hilly trail, all at easy pace - I think we averaged 10m/m 
    Legs not too bad, but was glad to see the car park on the run back!

Hopefully this picture comes through #6092 (yellow vest) showing the youngsters how to do mud...

• Options
    You look in good shape Dustin!

We are now forecast sleet and then snow later this week...............no idea when or where the long run is going to happen.
  • Options
    Great pic Dustin, you seem to be enjoying it a lot more than the other guys.  There is definitely a bit of a grin there.  Looks a like a post-race hose pipe job though. 

We have threats of snow mid-week too LMH.  Today it will be anything up to 18 degrees.  Wednesday a max. of 4.  That will be a bit of a shock to the system. 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    great pic dustin, it was a tough one saturday.  I spy one of my club mates behind you in the light blue and white hoops, possibly two of them.
    lmh sorry you cant get out today, although with niggles I guess t is sensible
    Lyrics yes
    hazel have a good lsr
    alehouse, run well with m74

WHat: only a mile this morning
    why: drained tbh, walking later with my mate
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    had a nice park run saturday, not fast, it was muddy although seeing Dustin's photos it really wasnt!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning again!

Nice pic, Dustin

What: slightly quicker than normal 34 minutes with M74, going through 5k in just over 30 minutes, which is unusual for us on a Monday! Pushed a hill in the middle and then we seemed to keep the effort going. Not sure that my back appreciated the hill though.

Why: it had stopped raining; puddles galore though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    quick read back
    hazel great 10k at the weekend
    RFJ you as well! Glad you get such good support
    emzap, wow that picture!! Shocking. Poor Lucas, hope he is on the mend.
    Quite upsetting at the weekend, jodie cleo and I went to see my mum, littl'un stayed with her dad.  Cleo was so ill Saturday night.  Proper fever, heart banging in her chest, she was shuddering and delirious.  She had a doc appt out of hours yesterday,really nice doc, he said here ears and throat are very red looking.  Told Jodie she did right to take her which is always nice to hear.   She is home and still feverish today.  Bit of a cough as well. 
    Not nice so I do sympathise emzap xx
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Hope Cleo is soon better Wabo.

Nice running Alehouse - I hope your back doesn't complain.

That's a huge change in temperature Hazel.

The rain has stopped but it's really windy here again - more than forecast - I have decided I was sensible rather than lazy to not run this morning as my knees are quite niggly with just the walking I've done. Hopefully they will have settled by the morning, the weather will be better and I'll be able to find a nice dry route to run - though I suspect sightings of flying pigs are more likely:-(
  • Options
    This sure is a challenging training winter for all of us :(. Definitely sensible rather than lazy, LMH.

Well raced, Dustin and Hazel. I know for sure why I don't do xc  ....

Aw, poor Cleo,wabo.

Nice run, ale and friend.

What: 6 mile recovery run
    Why: giving those legs a break
    Last hard: looking at the forecast for the weekend - snow and wind. I had another low key multi-lap marathon on forest trails planned which doesn't seem likely now.
    Last rest: 16/2
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    I am so sick of the weather this winter chicksta. We are forecast a cold spell too.
  • Options
    Productive day
    Easy 5k just after 8
    400m swim around wreck at 10 water 4°C ( to take me over the 3000m target for February in Polar Bear Challenge)
    Removed sump cover on van and tightened oil filter to hopefully fix minor oil leak.
    helped friend with flatpack assembly
    Usual Monday evening 5k Loop - now in daylight
    why: because I can!
    last hard: this morning’s run was slow
    lyrics no

great picture Dustin