Wednesday 26th February 2020 - Was it all in real time or was it just in my mind?

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - Was it all in real time or was it just in my mind?

chamolk - sometimes life gets in the way and an easier week is dictated to you, no point stressing about it.

Cold here with rain and sleet - lovely. Fortunately (I'm trying to look on the bright side here) it would seem that my 'good' (I use the term reservedly) knee is not happy after yesterday's run so I'm not sure I'll be running today. I've given it a good rub of Voltarol gel and will see how it is after a walk but it looks as though it's daily shorter runs or every other day (hopefully) if I want to run a bit longer. These things are sent to try us. Snowing now!

What:            something or nothing
Why:             see above
Last hard:     managing my knees
Last rest:      24/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Be Brave - Owl City.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Good point LMH.  Cold and sleety/rainy here too now.  Will be able to try my new jacket later maybe (inov-8 this time, a replacement for the lost OMM one).

10k on the TM seems quite a bit Chicksta. I think the loss of GPS in cities is fairly normal.  My TomTom froze entirely in Berlin 2018 - just had the time running.  I've had some bad experiences in the past with a Forerunner and keep reading about loss of data on Garmin devices so decided to try something else.  The TomTom I have is starting to lose battery life and they are no longer producing watches.  The replacement was a late Christmas / birthday present.

Ale I work in kms (did switch to miles once but one of those takes so long to do in comparison).  I mixed up the calcuation to miles in my head or I would have certainly done the last bit of the 19 miles.

How did the session go Dustin?  Sounds nasty.

Very annoying regarding the missing bits OH.

What: MLR
    Why: marathon miles
    Last number of pancakes - 4 (3 x savoury / 1 x sweet) - recipe included eggs.
    Last hard: telco at 7am today.  Managed to communicate in more than an anti-social grunt so did well.
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

What: a run of some description

Why: see how the weather is, how the legs are etc.

Alternate days may well be the way to go, LMH, especially if you can get two MLRs and one SLR in per week. You have a great bank of training over the years: just needs constantly topping up, but not over-filling!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Well done LMH getting the long run in
    What - easy lunchtime miles
    Why - recovery. Did 6x800s last night with 400 rolling recovery (1200m street loop)
    Aimed for 5k pace, and probably wasn't a million miles away - averaged 3.12 per rep which is just over 20 mins for 5k. I'd take that on current form. I think teh weekendd xc/long trail run double were still in the legs (I know, excuses...)
    Last rest - last Monday
    Last hard - yesterday
    lyric - think I should

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick the pancakes were yummy!!  I will tell you a funny thing about me not eating eggs, since I have stopped I can taste them in things and I don't like them , its funny! Nice 10k on the tm
    LMH hope your knees are ok, a rest will be ideal I guess, even if it is enforced
    Alehouse hope you get a nice run, weather and legs permitting
    hazel enjoy the MLR
    dustin I hope the sun manages to pop out for you!

what: 4-5 miles later ending a t a coffee shop to meet oh
    why: why not
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

Doing big half  sunday and bizarrely I am not stressed  in any way, most odd!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    That sounds like a good session after your weekend's efforts Dustin - not making excuses at all.

Hope your new jacket is as good as the OMM one Hazel.

Alehouse - I'm thinking the same. It's good to hear it from you too. It would seem that it's reasonable mileage every other day (with the odd time that I'm ok for something shorter the next day) or less miles daily and I think the former will make for a more comfortable London and a happier me.

That sounds like a good plan for your run Wabo. Unfortunately a rest might be the best thing for my knees but not for my head or my prospects at London - though if I'm honest I know that's just going to be a get round and justify the sponsorship hopefully nice day out. Why would you be stressed about the half? It's a long run in company rather than a target race isn't it?

Typically once the rain/sleet/snow had stopped the sun came out and it is a lovely morning - the least wind we have had for weeks - made my walk more enjoyable anyway.
  • Morning again!

Still pouring here, and icy rain at that. Supposed to have stopped by now. 

LMH: I think that is more than "reasonable" mileage and gives recovery time, not just for the knees! The days in between can either be rest or gym on at least one of them, perhaps?

Wabo: as LMH says, the half is a long run in company. Don't worry about the time, just think about banking those kilometres! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I have a fenix 5S  which tbh is far too sophisticated for me (it was a gift). I absolutely hate it when it tells me I'm unproductive because the pace is all over the place ;)
    My OCD side however loves it. It records pretty much any sport you can think of - yoga, strength, swim, hike, climb - hell, even golf :D 

Enjoy the big half, wabo. I couldn't live without eggs, tbh. As I very rarely eat meat they are my protein source and Sunday brekkie without a soft boiled egg would just not be the same. 

LMH: sounds like a solid plan to me. We can only deal with whatever our bodies allow us to do. 

Dustin: 3:12 800s are fine in my book. 

Hazel: gawd, I hate conference calls at the best of times but 7am is just hell. Hope the MLR goes well. Being German I work in ks too but convert it into miles for the folks on here. 

What: 13 miles
    Why: midweek MLR - at least it was dry albeit cold and breezy
    Last hard: the bits into the wind
    Last rest: 16/2
  • I don't want to need to rest every other day Alehouse! I generally go for more walking on the non run days, better for my head and the legs. Gym at least once a week though.

That's true chicksta - but we don't have to like it:-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Exactly right about the half on Sunday lmh and alehouse, tbh it is  more to get my head round whether I can train up to Snowdonia or not.  So I will do this and Hackney Half as part of that.
    Hazel, ah so you never got that Jacket back! Hope the new one is good.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

What: just over half an hour, effectively a fartlek as pushed quite hard in places but eased back in others

Why: saw a window of opportunity, i.e. blue skies; after 2 minutes I nearly turned back as out of the blue, (or was it black?) came a heavy hail storm. Fortunately it soon passed.

I work in kms. Most races are in ks, or certainly they are for me, i.e. 5k with the outside possibility of 10k! Can't think in mile paces at all now! All I know is 4 mins per k is a target pace for sessions, parkruns are currently around 5 mins per k and longer runs are 6 mins per k. Simple. 
  • Morning surgery at one practice, afternoon surgery at another, followed by progressive track session.
    Seems hard at moment to regain any speed (after fainting episode) 
    parkrun should now take me over my 100 mile target for February.
    Morning surgery tomorrow and cinema in evening so tomorrow looking like a semiplanned rest day.
    Lyrics no

Run in miles but annoyed, that when I set Garmin to miles, it picks up and records air temperature in Fahrenheit!