Sunday 1st March 2020 - Have to get back, have to get back the base

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - Have to get back, have to get back the base

Sounds as though you're enjoying the Welsh cakes at least OH. Is the choir performing today?

Still windy but at least it's not raining. I shall walk and then hopefully run but I'm not sure whether it will be a long one or not. Weather looks better later in the week and the flooding will hopefully subside. I guess I'll see how I go.

What:            hopefully some easy miles/gym
Why:             the marathon/going with Mark
Last hard:     motivating myself
Last rest:      29/2 (can't say that very often)
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Help me make it through the night". Lots of versions but the one that came to mind was Gladys Knight and the Pips.

What: probably a short run/long fitness suite

Why: seems to be Sunday's routine at present

I hear today's Paris half marathon has been cancelled with only 24 hours notice due to concerns about coronavirus.

Go well today Wabo and anyone else pinning a number on.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yes, it was cancelled yesterday Alehouse.

I'd forgotten it's the Big Half today - enjoy Wabo!

It's cold and windy out though nowhere near as bad as the last couple of weekends. Knee isn't anywhere near right but it is better than yesterday so I shall get my a into g, head out and hope.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    I should be starting big half now. Instead of which I'm laid up feeling poorly, unfortunately my daughter and I have both come down with whatever Cleo has. 
    Not even sure I'll go spurs 😭
    Have a good short run alehouse
    Lmh enjoy your miles

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Wabo! Get well...and get at least a mile in!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Oh no Wabo that is a shame.  Get well soon. 

The strange thing about Paris is that the big football match apparently went ahead nonetheless...

Good luck with the miles LMH - like the short form getting your a into g. 

Can imagine that hail hurt yesterday WP. 

Great long run Chicksta.  Sensible logistics considering the wind.

Ouch to the pelvic pain emzap.  Hope you had a nice concert (cake and fizz?).  Switzerland has quite a few cases in the meantime - I think still all related to people who have been to Italy.

Your Welsh cakes somehow inspired me to open a cookbook OH but the recipe for crumpets was wrong somehow (mixture was far too dry) and I ended up dumping the lot.  :(  Shop-bought cake today but a decent one from a bakery.

No arthritic joints diagnosed here fortunately but some potentially related ongoing niggles I tend to ignore (so not too bad). 

Have a good Sunday all.

What: long run
    Why: might as well keep training for now
    Last hard: yesterday's recovery turned into a windy soaking as I procrastinated too long.  Serves me right.  OH, who I persuaded to join me was not so amused.
    Last rest: 25.02.

Lyrics: no

• Hazel - I think that all we can do is keep going regardless. Worst case scenario is that we keep ourselves fit and healthy and have a good base for the autumn. Have you tried those black bean brownies yet?

Oh Wabo that's such a shame and ignore Alehouse please - not making yourself feel any worse is far more important than keeping a streak going!

Knee behaved fortunately and it stayed dry though the wind picked up as I ran which wasn't helpful. I'm expecting to need a rest day tomorrow but will live in hope that I don't.
  • Afternoon,

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus  :)

Wabo: Sorry to hear you are laid up and could not run the half.

What: 6.12 miles
    Why: My back felt better
    Last hard past 10 days
    Lyrics: Nope

A fantastic run back on the hills first time in 10 days and longest run in 10 days-yay we even had hail but a lot gentler than yesterday.

Can not find Dewi in results he was running the half....so hope all is okay and not injured!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Poor you, wabo. You haven't had much luck lately with your racing. Get well soon and listen to LMH. Streaking seems a tad silly if you're ill.

Glad you feel better, poppy.

That wind sure is a pest, LMH. Fortunately my hips and knees are in good nick but my toes are beyond salvaging. I'm beginning to notice subtle gait charges. That's where the fenix comes in handy - it shows me if I favour one leg over the other and if I don't pay attention is like 48.5 left and 51.5 right. The left foot is the one where the arthritis has progressed more. So I have to really focus to keep things balanced. Let's get this ultra out of the way first though ... If it goes ahead that is.

Look after your joints, Hazel. Arthritis tends to favour the over fifties :) Hope your long run went well.

What: 13 miles
    Why: back to back long runs
    Last hard: the wind - I nearly lost the will to live
    Last rest: 16/2
    Lyrics:  I think so
  • Getting older sucks chicksta - and I'm not always sure it's any better than the alternative. Well done on getting another big weekend in the bank.
  • Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!

I know that the Salvation Army is not usually associated with "gambling" but the "gamble" seemed to pay off this morning. Welsh Cakes went down well too!
    Cross-country cancelled as too wet but went for walk over Marwick Head with Elspeth instead. (Lots of Welsh Cakes left as I made a second lot for prize giving)

Why: Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!

Last hard: well I certainly sweated a bit this morning.
    Last rest: no running or swimming today

Lyrics no

Sorry you're poorly and missed your race Wabo :'(

Sounds like an enjoyable run Welsh Poppy :smile:

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    get well soon Wabo

Steady to fast parkrun yesterday (2nd best this year at 23:37, and just over a hour today for 6.37m

I love my running, despite the dropdown.... but it gives me freedom  

Take care
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, get well soon Wabo.

Some good runs last few days, well done.

My easy week ended up being a bit easier than intended, 20 miles done. Hopefully will be beneficial though, planning 50 this coming week.

Of course, as mentioned , the paris half today was cancelled, so I'm getting less and less hopeful I'll get to run the marathon - only 5 weeks away. If its cancelled, my long runs may reduce somewhat in length

Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Rest day here today. Nice lunch, cleaned the house top to bottom (neglected a bit recently due to Lucas!), Lucas swimming (he kicked when in the inflatable and propelled himself along, I was amazed!).

Sorry to hear you're unwell wabo. 

Rfj great running. How are you feeling about everything?

Have a great evening all