Thursday 26th march - I'll take your brain to another dimension

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning all
Hope everyone is well
Missing my family so bad. We're speaking but I've not seen them :-( saw Cleo two floors up through a window!! We both did tear tracks down our cheeks

What 3 miles this morning
Why while I can get out I must
Last hard yesterday evening
Last rest 31/12/16
Can this streak keep going I wonder??
Hope you're all well 
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

I presume Cleo and the rest of the family are being home-schooled: should Jodie be short of ideas my eldest has a website  which he is adding to daily: https://greenhouselearning.weebly.com/
    Hope they are doing the Joe Wicks PE sessions at 9 a.m!

Am sure your streak will continue, Wabo...somehow!

What: probably half an hour easy

Why: whilst I can

Plus gardening and hope to get down to some stretches.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Mildly amused at graphics for our local rag. Should we be worried?
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Why Worry - Dire Straits.

I did think how difficult you must be finding this Wabo as you usually see so much of your family. Are you able to set up Skype or similar so that you can at least see each other and talk?

That's good of your son Alehouse. I discovered a Jamie Oliver cooking program that has been cobbled together and is being shown daily yesterday, supposedly showing people how to cook flexibly with whatever they have only I had to laugh as the first episode's recipes required pasta (or Flour), tinned tomatoes, tinned beans - basically all the stuff we haven't been able to get. Seemed to be aimed at the average Waitrose customer to me :-)

What:            short and easy
    Why:             hoping for some stress relief
    Last hard:     staying positive
    Last rest:      20/3

Lyrics - no but I wish someone would.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Nice spring day here making it feel even harder to stay in.
    Permitted run at some point, maybe some digging in garden.
    Thankful for social media at this time.
    Hard not seeing close ones at this time.
    Keep on waking up thinking it's just been a bad dream.
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I feel for those that are restricted to skype to see / hear from family at the moment, but I guess this is the better option.
    OH - neat DIY skills!
    I have found that most people are trying to obey the 2m rule - even yesterday when I ran round Victoria Park people were keeping in their own bubbles. Must have been 200+ runners/walkers/cyclists out though...
    I foresee the second jogging "boom"

What - steady lunchtime miles
    Why - Sanity
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - Tuesday's 600s
  • hoping that this strain is ok ;)
  • Still in work then Dustin? Glad to hear that people were behaving in that thar London.

OH - Sammy took a like to my spiky massage ball - had to remove it from her bed and put it safely out of reach.
  • Lol OH - you never know, the blue ones might be as dangerous as the red ones... Nifty bit of DIY for your front wheel - my block was just a bit of (expensive) plastic - should have thought of a DIY solution as well.  Know what you mean about waking up from a bad dream - when I have been occupied during the day also I tend to forget and then my heart sinks when I do remember.

Tough for you not to see your family closer than that Wabo.  Good you coped well with your first day WFH.

Enjoy the gardening and the short run Ale.  I could do with getting some plants in here but we are still threatened by cold weather and can't buy any in person (can have some delivered from the local nursery though where I would normally go to buy - will wait a couple of weeks).  Good you have a couple of routes for some solo running.

Maybe the JO programme was also aimed at the stock pilers LMH. 

Enjoy the lunchtime outing Dustin.  Definitely more runners out at the moment.  I distract myself by looking at people's footwear to spot the new runners (bright and shiny shoes straight out of the box and old battered sneakers can be good pointers). 

Good you could get out despite the hamstring Chicksta.  Haven't been shopping for a couple of days but similar situation here regarding supplies last time I looked.

Well done on the 10 miler WP.

What: hopefully a short MLR later
    Why: ticking over
    Last hard:  reading / seeing people struggling and not being able to help
    Last rest: 23.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning,

Oh: I like your DIY skills and the spikey ball :)

What: Recovery 6 mile run
    Why: legs demanded it
    Last hard World news
    Lyrics nope

Legs were super slow but have my summer alarm set to 3.30am  so I can be out at 5am it was -2 very cold but no one about.
    In other news we have eggs:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Oh that made me chuckle

What: runderwear day 4, 5x Burpees, 10x press-ups, 15 x sit ups (I did postnatal friendly alternative) for 12 min, followed by 2 X 1 min planks (I did 2 x 30 sec on knees), 1 hour of Pilates and mowed lawn. About to go for a walk
    Why; may as well get fit during all this
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: nope

Police had to break up a house party in Birmingham last night. People are so stupid.

Have a good day all, enjoy the sunshine
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Managed 3 miles this morning
    My work set up is causing back ache! Must rearrange
    Yes we can Skype quite true
    Tomorrow I've told Cleo my run will take me by theirs so she will talk from the window. She misses me my daughter said. It's mutual. 
    Victoria park closed now Dustin
    Emzap wow good workout, I've heard about house parties here as well
    Poppy up and at em! Nice one! And on the eggs! 
    Hazel enjoy the running to tick over
    Oh snap re the waking up, like a bad dream
    Lmh hope you enjoyed the short and easy
    Alehouse that is lovely of your son! I've sent to Jodie, she's home schooling, seems that Cleo getting a bit fed up now so I hope all the online stuff they're doing today helps

What 3 miles d and d

• Glad you managed to get eggs Poppy. 

I despair - what do these people think they are doing with parties etc? It is only going to make the situation worse for all of us.

I think you are doing a great job of getting fitter emzap. I've been very bad about doing any of my gym stuff and there are definitely at least some bits I could easily do at home.

Hazel - I feel the same about not being able to help. Enjoy your run.

Wabo - I think being able to see you when you talk will help. As I've been spending more time at the computer at home I'm alternating the kitchen table with standing with my laptop on a plastic tub on the kitchen worktop - might be worth a try.

A less stressful run for me this morning in another glorious morning. Just a couple of couples refusing to walk single file/move to one side of the path. I wanted to run longer but knee is still reminding me it isn't right on occasion and I definitely don't want to stress my immune system.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OH: that made my day :D 

Busy day - will catch up tomorrow
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Still no letter or text re shielding. 

Yellow spiky balls are the safe ones...I hope. 

What: half an hour run plus stretches plus gardening

Why: beautiful day. Everyone very sensible at distancing themselves, not that there were many about. 

Be careful, Emz! Don't overdo things!

And take care everyone.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately lmh my pc has to be plugged into the modem which is next to the TV so I can't move things around. I'll have to get my work chair I think
    Nice work today alehouse, Jodie loved your link btw!