Monday 30th march - Will you still be sending me a Valentine Birthday greetings bottle of wine

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Times they are a changing if I keep starting the thread lol! 
Anyway morning all
Back is in pain just from hoovering. Only time it didn't hurt yesterday was on my run, bonkers I know
What if I can just a mile
Why I'm mad
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Keep well & have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

Hope your back improves Wabo. Mine isn't good either.

20-30 minutes exercise a day wouldn't do for either me or the dog Alehouse. I'm fortunate that public space isn't at a premium here and definitely not at morning dog walking time. You've decided not to take the advice on shielding then?

emzap - my coordination is pants but it was fun.

I had an awful night, knees and back are tweaky, not sure if I'm going to be able to run but I think I may have to try today.

What:          hopefully short and easy
    Why:           sanity
    Last hard:   sleeping
    Last rest:    29/3

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh the 30 mins worries me too. My boss wanted me to come in today to talk plans moving forward etc. Furlough etc etc. Oh doesn't want me to go there now I've been away a few days and mix. I'll do it from home he's 100% right and anyway this back will not handle driving today
    Oh I saw that puzzle yesterday and managed about 31, I can't see some of them clear enough though! 
    I'll have another read back of yesterday 
    Has chamolk been on?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Wabo - lovely pic you posted this weekend, and great that you an OH haven't started throwing things at each other (yet...!)
    RFJ - good news with the virual PR & mileage
    EMZ - well done with the classes, sounds like a form of torture to me
    Ale/OH - I too should have done some gardening: chalked off a bit of routine weeding and did put in the new washing line (rotary) but as we know, you do two tasks then notice three more that need doing....
    LmH - I think we all feel a bit like that wrt to training and losing mojo. Going to be a long summer.
    Chick - snow! That said, I think we have a very brief flurry or two as I finished yesterday's run.

What - easy recovery at lunchtime. Working from home this week, although the morons still want people in the office each week. 
    Why - Hard couple of days: Saturday was 5x~750m continuous hills, 11.5miles in total, yesterday was just short of 17 over the fields. Perfect isolation: 2 lots of couples walking a dog, one horse & rider, one runner as I was almost home. Bliddy cold though.
    Last rest - 17/02
    Last hard - the weekend
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: of course! 

Sounds a tough weekend training, Dustin!

What: a run of some description

Why: exercise still permitted. Think you may have misunderstood my post re shielding, LMH: those that they want to shield should have received a letter by now in England, i.e. the high risk category; those in the next group down, still "at risk" appear to have to identify themselves and are advised that they can exercise but should not shop. If I get a letter things will, of course, change.

Was awoken by cramp in one calf...which made a change from my back waking me. The latter seems a little better: perhaps it is just getting stronger with the gardening I am doing. More of that today, although did little yesterday as it was so cold. Must also do some indoor exercise!

All sounds good, RFJ.

And no, not seen Chamolk.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Great idea with the songs pic OH - certainly caused a welcome distraction here - I only found a few but my OH was pretty good.  A certain amount of impatience is already building in the general population apparently regarding returning to normal but I don't see any relaxation on measures until the end of April at least.

Good walking yesterday LMH - 10 miles takes some time.  Sorry you had a bad night.  Any chance of a nap at some point today?

Sounds very good RFJ. 

Uff to all that training emzap.  Another one with a lack of coordination here, especially if I start to think about how to do an exercice.  Biscuits are essential in this household (we are rapidly working our way through some digestives at the moment).

Cool regarding seeing the ISS Ale. 

Ouch to the back Wabo - I would leave off the hoovering.  Hope that you can find an acceptable solution with your company.

Great running over the weekend Dustin. 

Take care all.

What: indoor cycling on the turbo planned for later, brief walk at lunch
    Why: running rest day.  Blowing a gale today and cold so just a brief airing
    Last rest: today
    Last hard: descents on yesterday's hilly MLR (almost 500m of up and down altogether)

Lyrics: no
  • Nice weekend there Dustin.

Wabo - I wouldn't be going in to work if you don't need to, sounds as though you should be able to discuss that on the phone. Gove yesterday said 30 minutes running and an hour walking which makes no sense, some police forces are 'advising' an hour. Lots of people are expressing opinions as to how it should be interpreted. 

Did you get any snow Hazel?

Cold here this morning but still at the moment.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I am sorry but 30 minutes running!! yet a hour walking.As long as just one run who the heck is going to snitch on a runner.Have I missed something as I saw no guidlines??

What: 5 mile run
    Why: Because last 3 days I have been ill and this was whatlegs wanted.
    Last hard: All this nit picking
    Lyrics Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Nice day here
    Daily run done (> 30 minutes)
     - passed 4 people in total with appropriate  social distancing
    Expecting more restrictive measures today ...

Lyrics YES
  • Worrying is the thought of people policing their neighbours on how often / long they go out for a run.  With those confusing guidelines on duration I would stick to what you would normally do. 

Please be careful when doing the social distancing out and about - a jogger and a cyclist collided here as the jogger moved out of the way of some walkers onto a cycle lane and was hit by the bike.  

No snow for us LMH as little precipitation at all.  Snow did fall in the hills / mountains though.  Cold and windy out - hat and gloves much needed on the midday stroll.

Glad you are feeling better WP.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    The exercise duration is a curious one. Surely it depends on how cluttered your neighbourhood is?
    Even if I run towards the village centre, I will encounter something like 50-100 people in an hour's run. 
    Yesterday for example over the fields I ran ~2h15 and saw 6 people: 2 pairs of dog walkers, 1 girl on a horse and 1 runner. 
    I think I know which is the "safer" option...

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Awful night here so both of us cream krackered in what is "handover" week for parental leave in the emzap household.  

What: runderwear challenge (10 squats, 10 lunges, 20 sec side plank each side, 10 tricep dips X 4)
    Why: keeping going.
    Last hard: walk to pharmacy to get lukey's meds to see the queue. Woman with a hacking cough in front of me so decided to go home after waiting 10 Min. Apparently average wait is over an hour...
    Lyrics: yes!

Have a lovely day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    I didn't go in lmh. All handled on the phone.
    My back is bl**dy awful. No more housework for me hazel.
    You know when you get up and can't straighten up? That's me.
    Managed my 1 mile,  awful at the start but eased up 
    I find that 30 mins thing mad as well!!! 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone

Just a quick check in, haven't been following recently. Busy at the moment with covid stuff and setting up new assessment centres. Also busy trying to look after 3 boys stuck at home.
    Managed 3 x 2km runs this week with the boys - that's been it unfortunately.

Hope you're all well
    Lyrics yes