Sunday 5th April- Well, I've been haunted in my sleep You've been starrin' in my dreams

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Training
Morning all
Waking early driving me nuts
Hoping people behave today and stay home, apart from what's allowed

What 5k a bit earlier today
Why want to avoid  people
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Have a good Sunday all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What wabo said (staying at home and early run!).

Lyrics: nope

Did a virtual trip to the pub last night with friends around the world. If it weren't for lockdown we wouldn't have done it, so there are some positives :)

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's lyrics were Lovely Day, Bill Withers, who sadly passed away a few days ago.

What: short run, stretches

Why: routine
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I haven't run yet, oh is out on his bike so I use this time to get sorting bits around the house as we're making changes in rooms to accommodate a
    treadmill!  Rather me throw out than him.  Found my first divorce papers from kids dad. Why do I keep such stuff!!! A couple of tears and I ripped it into pieces then binned it, phew

I think this will be a busy day but I have just plotted todays 5k, will it stay the same I wonder??
  • Morning..

Alarm clock wake up this morning as I wanted to get out earlyish again, also to avoid others.

Like the idea of a virtual pub emzap. Where did people join from?

Have a good 5k Wabo.

Have a good Sunday all as far as such is currently possible.

What: 16m LR
    Why: Felt like it
    Last hard: the uphill k at the end
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics:no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Morning again!

Decent run there, Hazel!

Have you bought the treadmill yet, Wabo? Very scarce I hear.

What: just over 5k but had to stop and walk for a while in the middle

Why: managed to somehow do an RFJ! Fell, grazed knee, jarred wrists, bruised pride! Glad I was wearing tracksters (now ventilation holes) and gloves. Got going again. 

Can't believe the reports from Brockwell Park in London: 3000 in what is quite a small park. Then there's Brighton sea front etc. I can see this leading to a complete lockdown due to the selfish behaviour of a small minority.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning again, I ended up on 5.6 km.  My normal route I'd see about 2-3 others out running or cycling, today upwards of 20.  

Hope you're ok Ale

Wabo sad but good you are doing the clear out.

Hazel great run, it was someone 4 streets away, Netherlands and Australia.  We all used to live in Germany at the same time so a little reunion.  

Hope people are sensible today, Ale were those figures from yesterday, or today already?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's figures Emz. The park is locked today. No surprise! And I'm fine! And I smiled when you wrote have a lovely day, quoting yesterday's lyrics.

Sunny earlier but grey, windy and cloudy now. Will still need a coat on if I go in the garden later.
  • Morning,

Glad the fall did no lasting damage Ale.

Wabo sad time but glad you could get it out of your system.Good Luck with treadmill have you bought one?

Hazel: What a good run:-)

Em: Sounded like fun with Virtual pub:-)

I saw on the news the idiots in London and Brighton I think why are people so selfish and stupid!

What 5.3 miles
    Why: Body tired even after 10+ hours sleep
    Last hard: Idiots and sleeping so much
    Lyrics: Yes

I was up late but still only saw 1 runner otherside of large road on way back.A few walker's but I ran on empty road to avoid/give them space.My RHR has been up for week's since my injection was due so my WHR is up so every run is harder than is should be .But it is getting there.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Chick: For me I have my bedroom ice cold no radiator on, fan on to keep me cool,no screens it is just a room for sleeping and it works normal for me is 8.5 hours but my body when attacked seems to need 12 hours to repair itself always been the way.I hope that helps in some small way :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks, poppy. Our bedroom is not heated either and if it's not minus temps outside the windows are open. Deffo no TV in there. And I even painted it a soothing light blue. Guess it's me as hubby has no trouble sleeping :)

Glad you're ok, ale. Not nice to take a tumble.

Hard to believe the selfishness of some people. I've yet to watch the news but I wouldn't be surprised if there were similar incidents here.

Nice virtual pub outing, em. That's a lovely idea.

Wow, great long run, Hazel.

Hope you can get a treadmill, wabo. Bet they're very popular at the mo.

Managed a 3.5 mile run/walk with hubby. Hamstring is quiet as long as I shorten my stride severely. Also did 2 hours of weeding. Back hurts now though.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Evening All
    LmH - thanks for putting my mind at rest, please take care and see you soon!
    Ale - I'm glad the RFJ had no lasting impact!
    Hazel - nice running!

What - Busy weekend
    Yesterday 11 trail miles - barely saw a soul. Followed up with 2 hours of gardening, 2 hours of sorting out study paperwork (to make more room for proper work) so plenty of recycling/shredding and an hour of tidying the garage. Had a lot of recent decorating and old furniture that has stacked up (rubbish tips closed at present).
    Today - 11 trail miles in stunning sunshine, ran easy, just loved being out. 
    More people as I had about 4 miles on "better" paths and roads, so a fair few cyclists. 
    Another dog incident: 3rd in a week. Not overly keen on having paws up my legs thank you very much. 
    Last rest - 17/02
    last hard - getting my head round Covid
    Have a great evening everyone
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Yes treadmill is due to come Tuesday. I did have a long wait for it. 
    We've worked so hard I'm shattered. 
    Alehouse I'm glad you're not too hurt
    Dustin that's unlucky with the dog incident again!! You've worked hard this weekend! Nice running! 
    Chicksta  glad the hamstring kept quiet, I ordered this treadmill over two weeks ago and have a delivery date for tuesday so should be ok. 
    Poppy I hope I get on ok with it too! While I can go outside I will but maybe use it for an extra run. Nice running, my bedroom is like a fridge 🤣🤣
    Emzap nice running, mine was a bit busy too
    I did 5k which ended at Jodie's, then she brought the girls down to the garden in their flats and I watched and chatted from a good distance as they played. It was lovely. Then I ran home.
    We've cleared so much out today, so much that would have gone to charity or the tip. Had to get rid though I have no room!! My house looks so much better
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone 

Glad to see everyone is still chatting and still running. I managed to get 5k done yesterday, first run in 2 weeks, other than a few trots out with the boys here and there for their exercise . Think I had a 64 hour week this week, though was off today. Was so busy I'd even forgotten we were meant to be in Paris this weekend until my wife reminded me, trying to plan a nice holiday for later in the year, hopefully things will be more normal by then