Why loosen up
Last hard yesterday I did a lovely 5.6 mixed terrain run
Last rest 31/12/16

Have a good day all, I hope we do
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

Hope there isn't too much damage RFJ.

You are doing well to be able to walk like that with your ribs Dustin.

That sounds like a good run Wabo. My MiL has taken up Tai Chi with a You Tube class!

What:           walking
    Why:            left knee and hamstring/piriformis unhappy
    Last hard:    not being able to come and go as I please/go to the shops etc
    Last rest:     17/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    RFJ - great mileage, but sorry to hear about the dog incident. Seems par for the course these days.
    LmH - hoping it's just heavy bruising. Breathing seems OK but still get discomfort so no running for a few more days at least.
    What - idling
    Why - sensible
    last rest - last 5 days
    last hard - not running
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: whatever the legs decide, plus stretches, plus cross training in the garden

Why: that sort of day

Hope you are ok today, RFJ! And hope you recover soon, Dustin

Looks like another sunny, if breezy, day.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Early / late start Wabo.  Glad you had a good run yesterday again. 

Well done to your MIL LMH - I think you said she isn't the most sporty person in the world?  Might be mistaken though. 

Sounds sensible Dustin.  Good you can walk at least.

Bloody dog RFJ.  Hope the knee isn't too bad today.  Not good that your medication is delayed due to the virus but it seems that they are doing what they can to help at the moment.  Good mileage.

Has the soil arrived yet Ale?  (might have missed that happening though).  Ale's legs: do your stuff.

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday habit at the moment
    Last hard: getting out of bed this morning.  Turned off the alarm, turned over and zzzz....
    Last rest: 30.03.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no, RFJ. That's not good. Stupid dog owners :( Hope it's ok to be without meds for a while longer.

Are there any indications when the measures will be lifted? We're going back to normal slowly. Small shops are open again. School will be phased in as of next week. I'll stick to wfh for now though.

You probably needed the extra zzz, Hazel. Yesterday would probably have been ok as far as temperature is concerned (high of 15) but you'd have hated the wind, especially the exposed section by the harbour would have been straight into it.

Well done on the walking, Dustin.

How does your MiL like tai chi so far, LMH? Hope you can get your l hamstring/piriformis to settle.

Sunny and breezy here too, ale.

What: 6.5 miles
    Why: felt good - I'm slowly getting back to my normal stride length although any attempt at speeding up is still upsetting the hamstring.
    Last hard: the wind is still a pest
    Last rest: 30/3
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hazel: no soil as yet. Probably a good thing so that my back gets ready for it! Legs worked...just. A rather tired 31 minutes, but that's fine. Pleasant enough out there...until turning into the wind. Would like to go longer tomorrow, 45 minutes or so. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Windy here too chicksta - march of the wheelie bins when they had been emptied earlier. No sign of a return to any kind of normality here:-( Good news that your hamstring is improving. My knee was making me limp walking this morning, just hope it recovers and I can run tomorrow.

You recall correctly Hazel - MiL's as broad as she's tall! Enjoying the Tai Chi though and has started a Joe Wickes workout for seniors too!

Ribs take a long time I'm afraid Dustin - difficult to rest them.

Bright but chilly even out of the wind here Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: up the hill straight up straight back (the most direct route)  - still took me 75 minutes.
    Why: another beautiful morning
    Last hard trying to get as near the hour
    as possible
    Last rest: trying to keep myself busy
    Lyrics no

A lot of treatments are on hold with good reason until Covid is past.
    Still only had 6 confirmed cases in Orkney.

Garden beckons - recompleting and reopening the orbital path ("M25")

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hope your ribs heal up quickly Dustin

Thanks all for the comments - 4.5 easy miles today and no ill effects, knee quite brusied though.

on;y a 2.5 day week here as was due to have leave up in Yorkshire to see Dad, and an Army reunion, so all be cancelled except the time off which work dont want us to cancel leave.

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Sounds positive, RFJ, and enjoy the short week. Shame you can't head north though. 

What: a second short run

Why: to the cash point. I think Hazel has had a word with Manchester Soil and Turf supplies as they are delivering tomorrow morning. Looks like a couple of days hard work and I suspect my runs will be short this week!