Tuesday 12th May 2020 - Oh brother, I can't, I can't get through

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning all

Lyrics: Oh brother, I can't, I can't get through

Oh no, wabo. Hope you get through the day and that your other half enjoys his new job.

Excellent short shorted pic, ale. I recognise that vest from your profile pic.

Going to brave the cold now for a short run before a busy day at my desk.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick he has to finish off a loft on his old job first so that's the next two weeks and a bit - enjoy your chilly short run
    What about 4 miles
    Why that's enough
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    I must stretch, my calves are very sore lately
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

A heavy frost here this morning but the wind has subsided and it's bright at the moment.

Wabo - he'll be home for his tea won't he?

Hope the run sets you up for the day ahead chicksta.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            I like eating cake
    Last hard:    not having an end in sight
    Last rest:     10/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics no btw
    LMH, I will cycle out to meet him at this job later so yes he will be back in time to cook dinner :D .  He is working in Leyton where I lived with my kids and lots of my mates still live. 
    I just heard a van struggling to start, it was his!!! He is off now a lovely neighbour came to his rescue.
    enjoy the miles LMH
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Also loved yesterday's pic Ale.

Glad you had a nice birthday Chicksta. Also looking forward to tomorrow's haircut! Rasberry cheesecake sounds delicious.

Cake LMH? Tell us more, we like cake.. :) Nice conditions for your run then other than the cold.

You'll see him soon again then Wabo.

What: 6-7 general miles later
    Why: Tuesday
    Ongoing hard: waiting for my Tuesday group to start up again. 
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Spread a Little Happiness", much covered, including by Sting. 

What: whatever the legs decide later, plus stretches

Why: running to feel, plus running later is due to heavy rain at present, and the rain looks rather chilly!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I should have got yesterday's lyrics. No rain here fortunately.

Almost any as long as it doesn't involve oranges Hazel. I'm glad I got my haircut in a couple of days before our lock down started - that was thanks to Alehouse.

You'll probably appreciate the peace during the day Wabo :-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    yesterdays lyrics,I knew them because years ago when I was in my 20's it was a song I used to break into all the time at work and one of my work mates said it made her laugh and it was my song! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
     Afternoon!

Yes, glad I got my head shaved on March 18th! I had decided that it was unlikely to be cut for the next three months. I may have underestimated!

What: 10.6k

Why: was determined to run further than last week's long run...of 10.56. I waited until it had stopped raining before I set off, but well wrapped up in case. Before I had reached 2k the heavens had open: icy precipitation. It lasted about ten minutes and the OMM jacket did its job.
    For OH, the route was from mine, river bank and over the adjacent hill before continuing to the Galleon, Vale Road, Mersey Road, HM Common, St John's School down to the Griffin, tram track, an extra lap of my nearest park to make up the distance. Vale Road was a struggle but I managed it (very steep cobbled street) and I found the hills in the common a struggle, but coped. Probably need to do this run more often and add to it as I rarely run any hills. Worth more in training terms than last week's "long" run. 

Edit: my "baselayer" was the same Helly Hensen top that I was wearing in the 1982 photo I posted yesterday! I have washed it in the interim! Still in excellent condition.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Must admit I thought similar regarding Wabo's OH not being at home LMH. ;) I guess you don't like oranges then.

Get some hairclippers Ale?  That is impressive regarding the HH top! Seems you got a good bargain there.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Happy belated birthday wishes Chick
    LmH - hope you got the miles in today, cake? I have been known to partake. No orange though? 
    Great Pic Ale, and amazed the top has lasted so long!
    I too have not had a haircut in months. I'm in a minority of 50-something men in that mine is still there, and growing fast. I'll be putting it in bunches by June...

What - decided that working all day and going running at 4:30-5pm is not always the best policy (too tired, need air during the day) so went out at 11:30 for a steady 8 and a bit miles over the fields. Tried to throw a few quicker miles in (I'm talking sub 8s so hardly exotic) just to remind the legs what "turnover" used to mean...
    Downside is now I need a nap...
    Why - see above
    Last rest - weeks
    Last hard - today
    lyric - yes I do!
  • I think you probably just need more cake Dustin :-)

That sounds like quite a challenging route to choose when increasing the distance was the aim Alehouse.

I like orange juice, clementines, satsumas etc but not keen on orange flavoured cake and think that the combination of orange and chocolate is gross.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I understand your point, LMH: today was a bit of an experiment really. Three hills in total and one of those is relatively easy. Hopefully my legs will say tomorrow that they would be happy to do it again next week! 

Sounds a pleasant outing today, Dustin: definitely a better time to train if you can arrange it alongside your work day. And a full head of hair at 66! As I had it cut so short it is now just about the right length; it won't be in another six weeks or so though. And no clippers, Hazel!
  • Mark tells me you can't buy them at the moment either Alehouse - he needs some replacement blades for his but none to be had - fortunately he has a spare set of clippers (ones he doesn't really like but has been forced to revert to for now).

My left leg is not happy after my run today, really hoping it will settle down overnight.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I think you probably just need more cake Dustin :-)

That sounds like quite a challenging route to choose when increasing the distance was the aim Alehouse.

I like orange juice, clementines, satsumas etc but not keen on orange flavoured cake and think that the combination of orange and chocolate is gross.
    Amen to that, LMH. The Jaffa cakes are safe :)

Hope the leg settles.

Managed 6 miles but it was a struggle. Just one of those runs best forgotten.

Just spent 10 hours at my desk. Tough day but I had a new ergonomic chair delivered today which helped my back.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: a walk and 5x200 m, 4km run in total
    Why: we are allowed out twice a day
    Last hard: those 200s were tough but I felt good
    Lyrics: nope

Happy belated birthday chick
    Lmh hope the leg's ok
    Cake today...Hmmm 2 Muffins and an Eclair (lockdown is getting to me and cake helps)
    Dustin great running going on there
    Chick I'm with you, did a 10 hour stint on Thursday

Have a lovely evening all