Thursday 4th June 2020 You messed about

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: You messed about
I caught you out

Looks grey and bleak out there, with rain forecast shortly. Obviously the cricket season is due to start soon, although behind closed doors.

Lyrics are from a chorus.

What: something easy plus stretches

Why:  running to feel/injury prevention
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hello all
    OH - sorry to hear about the stones (and car) issues but it will be great to have Elsbeth home. 
    Chick - skills with the XT

I struggle to stand on two legs brushing my teeth, let alone one!
    (I do try sometimes tbh)

What - maybe short and easy , just more discomfort than anything. 
    May dip into some you tube clips for some balance, plyo and stretch moves instead.
    Why - no races, no rushing back. Southern Athletics (track) league canned the whole season yesterday. National league may see a fixture but unlikely. 
    Last Rest - Monday
    Last hard - yesterday
    lyric - Possibility I know these

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Well it is pouring here so definitely must be the cricket season. 

Meant to say that I successfully stood on one leg to brush my teeth both last night and this morning. Well, I changed feet half way. Strange that I had never thought about this before as I often do stretches when cooking.

Run may be delayed until this pm but off to do my stretches in the garden room shortly (and thanks for reminding me to de-clutter, Dustin: partially successful!).
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - When Summer's Gone - Blue.

A shame about your summer league Dustin.

I change legs halfway too Alehouse. Dry here though grey.

Sorry to hear that your kidney pain has returned OH. Hope Els has a good journey home.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            stress management
    Last hard:    managing stress
    Last rest:     30/5

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: just over half an hour running plus a decent stretching session all d&d

Why: waited until it stopped raining but still got caught in a short sharp shower.

Quiet again!

Hope Els has a decent return trip, OH! It's a long day! Hope the sea is calm. 

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Hope Elspeth has travelled well OH. Not good news about the kidney stones or the car, hope it didn't rain in it.

Must practice the standing on one leg cleaning teeth routine. Good idea. Could add in a wobble cushion to enhance the fun. 

Boo to the cancellation of the summer league Dustin. Does at least give you certainty rather than might it happen, yes - no. Good to see you back out, but please be careful.

Was initially surprised about cricket Ale, but if football is due to restart soon.

Have you started your new job yet LMH? I would think about doing a small localish race but likely nothing involving travel. There is a small field ultra in southern Germany I am eyeing up but that would mean travel. Will wait a few weeks before acting on it.

Regarding flagging spam:if it is the first post in a thread and you are the fifth to flag the whole thread vanishes - most satisfying..

What: 10 miles around the local fields
    Why: short MLR/ cut back week
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Your short MLR is longer than my LSR, Hazel!

Re cricket, they announced yesterday that there are just going to be three test matches, all behind closed doors. 2 are in Manchester and 1 in Southampton as both venues have hotels as part of the complex so players and officials will stay there and not come into contact with anyone from outside their "group". Don't know what happens about catering though! 

I was surprised to notice earlier that some local 5k series are still taking entries for events in July and August. Doubt they will happen of course.