Friday 12th June 2020 Here, making each day of the year

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Here, making each day of the year

Yesterday's lyrics were Melting Pot, Blue Mink.

What: will listen to the legs on my run, plus stretches

Why: easy few days. May push a bit here and there, or go a bit longer than the last few days, or not. 

Forecast not great. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

You sound as though you had a good time Wabo - when are you going back to  race it? I take it everyone does it at a time that suits and then submits their result?

I hope your legs are quiet Alehouse. Not sure if my knee is going to allow a run or not. It feels much better than it did yesterday afternoon but it's definitely unhappy with some movements, fine when walking though.

What:          hopefully a few easy miles
    Why:           I want to
    Last hard:   knowing whether I should run or not
    Last rest:    6/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Quiet!

What: half an hour stretches, 8km run

Why: not quite a MLR. I work on 65 to 75% of the LSR, so needed 9.1 or more. Legs were lethargic so didn't want to force things. Easier week in terms of effort anyway.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It is quiet!

That work thing keeping me away but done for the day now though I have a second job shift tomorrow afternoon :-(

Sounds like a sensible decision not to do the extra Alehouse. My knee was absolutely fine on my run, in fact my legs were quite sprightly. I'm still having to really think about where I position it when going from sitting to standing though.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    very quiet indeed.

Glad you were able to run, LMH. Nice to have sprightly legs. 

Sounds like great fun, wabo. I also love that interactive LeJog thingie. Amazing what possibilities we have these days. 

Gorgeous weather here. 25 degrees and even hotter forecast for tomorrow. That'll be right up your street, LMH :) 

I keep doing my exercises - 45 mins of them today. My abs seem a bit more pronounced :+1:
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - good progress!
    Chick - jealous of that weather too, it;s just started raining again <sigh>
    LmH - sounds like that run was one of those nice surprises.

What - just heading out now, been working all day and I really need to get out. 
    It's been busier than ever the past few months. 
    Why - Sanity. It will be slow and easy and just "outside"
    Last rest - 7 days
    last hard - most of them if I'm honest.

Due to go away to the Canaries in 4 weeks. Easy Jet messaged today to say that even if flights go ahead we can cancel and get vouchers "to the value of..."
    Makes the decision easy - can't see the point in going as most places shut, no pool , bar closed and I'm not running volcanos with a face mask...

Good weekends everyone!

• I would love it to be that warm chicksta.

Hope you felt better for the run Dustin. OH has been really busy with work throughout too with rising stress levels and running really does seem to help him manage it.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Bit later in the day
    Lmh I'm going back in the morning 
    Looks like a few did it tonight, social distancing but even so quite a few
    Had another rotten Friday, hence the late post.
    Dustin don't blame you re holiday
    Chick getting abs, nice one! 
    Nice stretching alehouse
    Did 30 mins with a mate plus a bit of walking today.
    Night
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can