Saturday 27th June 2020 - When you stop seeing beauty

Morning.

Lyrics - When you stop seeing beauty

You start growing old

Thanks for the thoughts. To be honest after two days of stress trying to reason with the woman it was a relief in one way to have the situation resolved though obviously not in the way we wanted. Pouring with rain here this morning with the chance of hail forecast at 1000hrs and thunderstorms from 1100hrs - at least I don't need to don full waterproofs and walk the dog :-( I shall try and find a not so bad bit of weather and get a few miles in for sanity's sake. I feel really bad for mark who was always more invested in her and so looking forward to keeping her as his 50th birthday present (just good timing obviously - she'd have been staying anyway). Can't think of how I can make his day special now.

Hazel - I made a cherry and cinnamon cake, much simpler and therefore more my style! Nice miles there.

emzap - I hope Lucas (and you) had a better night's sleep.

What:           easy miles
Why:            sanity/passing the time
Last hard:    understanding the motivation of the woman running the rescue
Last rest:     16/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I am sure that I should...

What: stretches/easy run at some stage 

Why: forgot yesterday/need the rain to stop. Forecast is grim until tomorrow evening. Hopefully there will be a dry patch or two. And will have to wait until daughter arrives with the shopping.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Is it marks birthday today lmh? Happy birthday if so. Enjoy the miles
    Emzap hope Lucas had an easier night
    Lyrics no
    Alehouse enjoy the run and stretches
    I had a rough night hot and so uncomfortable
    What off to a park run course, warm up do the 5k and cool down
    Why 3 challenges, 1 green shirt for local park run rainbow thing, 2 post code 5k challenge and 3 clubs doubles 5k challenge
    Last hard remembering those challenges
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Must do stretches too
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no LMH. That is just shocking. I'm devastated for you and Mark, even more so because it's his special birthday :(
    Not sure what to say or advise, really...

Wabo: hot and uncomfortable here too. I had a sore throat last night and started to panic a bit but it was fine this morning. Apparently ozone levels are high at present.

I wish we had rain... Currently 31 degrees and hardly a cloud in the sky.

Yesterday's lyrics were Abba, The heat is on

Day 31 of s&c :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good going with the S&C, Chick!

Hope you ticked off the challenges, Wabo!

What: stretches then just over 40 minutes run a little later

Why: had to wait for daughter to bring shopping and then for a dry spell. Still took a rain jacket tied round my waist...and yes, I needed it. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That is a lot to remember Wabo - hope you had fun. Tuesday is Mark's birthday, it's his mum's 75th on Monday.

You are welcome to some rain chicksta - plenty of it here.

Alehouse - my jacket was on/off/on/off but I avoided the really heavy stuff which has just started.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: Nothing Achilles grumpy so leg exercises, rehab and wheel of doom
    Why: Achilles
    Last hard: Achilles

It has not been this bad since I have been back running  and likes every other day so I have no choice in matter.Better every other day than no days!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon 
    yes to all the challenges alehouse, I drove to my preferred park run course only to find it banged out with kids and parents doing sports classes.  I knew my run would be less enjoyable so went back to my old faithful 5 k on the rides, did half mile warm up and then the fastest 5k on the rides in 2 years.  Pushed myself and felt good.  Half mile cool down too,  happy days
    poppy sorry to hear that achilles is bad.
    lmh I wore a bright green fetch t shirt and was pretty soaked at the end! Glad you avoided the heavier stuff, me too!
    Alehouse enjoy yours
    chick, cannot tell you how many times I have had that panic about a sore throat that comes to nothing!! Glad yours has gone

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Please send some rain our way too, not as hot as Hamburg though. Jacket would be boil in the bag here.

Good news on the throat and keep the s&c streak going chicksta.

Well done on the 5k Wabo, good flexibility regarding the route.

Good management of the achilles WP.

Would an alternative rehoming centre maybe be an option in the future LMH? Needs careful selection as many dogs are there for a reason but you might find a suitable one.

What: recovery trot later
    Why: hot and did enough yesterday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • That would be an option if we decided we wanted another dog Hazel.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 10km this morning
    Why: shorter long run day and wanted to see a house for sale (too near main road so won't go look, we aren't looking but always have an eye out just in case!)
    Last hard: this morning was fun but I got so wet I had to get undressed in the porch (enclosed!) When I got back. At points was like someone was throwing a bucket of water over my head!
    Lyrics: nope

Yes we all slept better thanks. Loads of parties on our estate last night though which did wake me up at 1am.  I don't know what people are thinking. We will get a second wave, I have no doubt now.

Have a lovely evening all