Sunday 28th June 2020 In this proud land we grew up strong

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: In this proud land we grew up strong
We were wanted all along

I very nearly typed January instead of June! 12 degrees and wet!

What: short run of some description, although don't feel like it given the weather

Why: not giving up

And must stretch.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Summer Rain by U2.

Chilly and windy here Alehouse. Not feeling very motivated to run.

What:           something or nothing
    Why:            my heart hurts
    Last hard:    thinking of Sammy in the kennels
    Last rest:     16/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    (((LMH)))

Horrendous thunderstorms last night with half inch hailstones. Never seen anything like it. It looked most of our roses and the cherry lost about one third of its leaves but at least no damage to the house.

Major clean-up operation this morning which probably counts as my cross training for today ;)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Scary stuff, Chick!

What: just under 40 minutes, preceded by stretches

Why: to bring up my biggest week of this training block, just over 52k, mainly because my typical runs have moved up to 40 minutes from 30. Progressive consistent consistency? Also nudged me past 200k for June, with a couple of days to go. Training on tired legs though so will have to be careful.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That looks epic chicksta - glad you weren't out in it.

You are building well Alehouse but yes, be cautious.

I couldn't motivate myself out today but a rest day after eleven days running in a row probably isn't a bad thing.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

LMH: Sorry  :(

Chick: That is very scary but good job over night and no damage to house.

Ale: Nice mileage.

What: 4.5 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard :Achille:smile:
    Lyrics: Yes

Changing tactics so ran well within my self with miles hoping that means I can go again tomorrow.Fastest run in 3+ weeks let us hope that is a good sign.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

That's some cool down Ale. Certainly progressive consistent consistency.  Aches sorted from your fall now?

Definitely hugs to LMH. Kennels really can't be a better option after Sammy had three months in a home environment.

That looks damp indeed Chicksta. I guess a disturbed night's sleep too.

Sounds poitive WP.  Hope tomorrow's run goes to plan.

Lucky you could do a discreet strip off emzap. Did you at get towel and washing basket service from inside?

What: 20.6 k with a few faster k thrown in here and there and worked hard on the undulations of the last couple of miles
    Why: MLR distance for this week
    Last easy: fell out of bed at 6am and out at 7am. Should do that more often
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • No breakfast before your run Hazel? I can only manage up to ten miles without having eaten.

Great that you could run today Poppy.

Well eating, baking and sitting around weren't making me feel any better so in the end I got myself out of the door for a run at 1445hrs. I felt awful from the off and told myself I could turn round after a mile but then it rained and I decided that as I was wet anyway and everyone else was heading home I may as well keep going. The wind was still quite high so I dried off when it stopped raining and repeated the wet/dry three times with the very heavy rain fortunately waiting until just after I'd got in.
  • Windy but fine day here. Cooking, walk round Scapa this morning then walk up local hill with vet friend and her dog.
    Just now making butternut and peanut fritters with R.
    Sorry to hear about Sammy, must be very sad having been used to her around.
    Fair bit of hail Chicksta!
  • Still not running and even walking can be (variably) uncomfortable.
    Managed some outdoor painting (new garden gate) and a few other repair jobs.
    Intention is to attempt daily running again with start of new month but may be doomed to fail until I am shot of this stone.
    Impressive hailstones Chick for any time of year let alone June. Impressive garden too. Ours still looks a bit rough and ready even with all the unaccustomed attention this year.
    Finding homes for excess stone chips (surprisingly easy)
    Lyrics nope.