Monday 29th June 2020 - Never know but nothing less

Morning.

Lyrics - Never know but nothing less

Couldn't see that I have guessed

Sorry to hear that your stone hasn't been dissipated OH - what's the plan now?

You seem to be getting the miles in walking Els.

More precipitation here this morning and it's grey, chilly and windy. Not very conducive to an enjoyable run but I shall try and get myself out of the door for something though I have Mark's cake to bake today, my busiest work day and MiL to visit as it's her 75th.

What:          easy miles
Why:           sanity/stress relief
Last hard:   making sense of it all
Last rest:    16/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

And a grey and wet one. And windy. And cold.

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Don't give up, Peter Gabriel featuring Kate Bush

What: stretches plus a run of some kind

Why: am just asking myself.

Busy day, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - still can't believe what happened with Sammy, devastated for you and Mark. Hope the MiL has a lovely birthday and Mark too tomorrow.
    Hazel - nicely done with the MLR
    Chick - starting but I imagine impressive weather?!
    Wabo - top work on the 5k run and Emz too on the 10k.
    WP - you look after that achilles, won't be long I'm sure. Keep up the rehab exercises.
    Ale - Impressive step up in training, top work
    OH - sorry to hear about the continuing stone woes, as LmH says, what happened now?

What - easy run and some S&C
    Why - low day Monday
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - keeping motivated through all this. 
    Decent weekend of running (I suppose). 8.8 trail miles on Saturday at a reasonable (ish) sort of pace and a 6 mile walk with Mrs D in the afternoon. Scattered showers but missed most of it.
    Woke up yesterday full of CBA and lethargy, so much so that I found myself cleaning the windows rather than run. Soon put that right by late morning and headed over the fields for 10.5 slow and easy miles. 
    Loads of poppies out in the fields and another wild flower meadow was jammed with butterflies. To top it all, everyone must have gone to the coast: splendid isolation had all of it to myself!
    Stay sane people...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick blimey those hail stones!! Hard work yesterday by the sounds of it
    Oh sorry that stone is being a nuisance
    Els you inspired me, a mate gave me a punnet of gooseberries so I made a yummy crumble yesterday
    Lmh so sad about Sammy. You've got lots to do! Hope the next few days ease your mind and heart somewhat
    Alehouse nice running and stretching
    Dustin great running, love poppies. 
    Hazel not sure I'd cope with that long a run on empty or do you take a snack
    Blown out walking pals and a running pal this morning. Got to sleep so late after dozing all evening on the sofa, feel a bit bleurgh this morning.
    What a run and a walk at some point
    Why not so hot so can do it whenever
    Last hard trying to wake up
    Last rest 31/12/16

Had fish and chips Saturday, oh totally fine but I've felt bloated and uncomfortable ever since. That's not helping me this morning
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Not been out yet. Had to go for a repeat blood test (don't know why but a bit disconcerting) and the weather is foul: have just watched someone's umbrella be turned inside out. Hopefully will find a calmer spell. 

Stretches d&d. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning..

Hope the cake turns out well LMH and that you also find a run window despite the weather. Well done for doing your run yesterday.

Your stone issue really is dragging on OH.

Hope the blood test is nothing special Ale. Umbrella turning wind doesn't sound nice.

Must have been a serious case of CBA if you cleaned the windows Dustin? Seems the run was quite nice once you were out though.

Hope the fish and chips stop bothering you soon Wabo.

Prior to my MLR yesterday I ate a banana and drank a mug of tea and an espresso - standard pre run mini-breakfast which works well for me. Wouldn't want to run fasted.

What: recovery, maybe with a few strides
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: back to work today
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I usually just have half a cup or so of tea before I run although occasionally (like today) I might have a crumpet an hour before. 

Hazel: nice little 3 month streak, almost! And I ought to do some strides. Gently. 

What: just over an hour

Why: braving the elements/MLR. Weather wasn't too bad: lots of drizzle and the wind was a pain in the last three k, as was my back again. Temperature: 13, feels like 8: perfect cross country weather (it will probably warmer in the cross country season!).
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

LMH: Best of luck today a very busy day for you.

OH: This is a pain for you what happens next?

Dustin: You have me since that song only cleaning windows:-) But glad you manage d to get out for a quiet run.

Wabo: Hope you feel better nothing worse than feeling like that!

Hazel: Enjoy your recovery day.

What 4.7 miles
    Why: Achilles plan worked
    Last Hard Achilles
    Lyrics nope

Well my plan seems to be working first time I have run two days in a row as I don't count half a mile or a mile a run.4 runs last week lets see if I can make 5 this week.Rehab exercises, wheel of doom all being done.Rest day from weights as both legs and Shoulders are pretty achy;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Really sorry to hear that, OH. What's the next step seeing that the previous method failed?
    Re. our garden: We planted everything about 10 years ago so it has grown nicely. There's more garden behind the house but it was too wet to go there and take pics ;)

Wabo: 3 days is a long time to feel a bit off after some dodgy food. Maybe you caught something? Must check our gooseberries. Last time I looked they were still too small.

Glad you're making progress, poppy.

Dustin: window cleaning instead of running - crazy!! Glad you came to your senses.

Busy day for you, LMH. Happy birthday to MiL

Hazel: I don't like running on empty either. More importantly I need that caffeine hit to kick my tummy into action. Not particularly keen on a wild poo ;) Hope your return to work wasn't too horrid. Are you back in the office or still wfh?

That is very cold, ale. Strange about the repeat blood test.

A sweaty morning in the garden. Couple of hours weeding and dead heading the roses. None of the blossoms survived. Our bin for green waste smells rather nice now :)

Kept my s&c streak going by doing the minimum (20 mins) yesterday although I didn't feel the love.

Back to the 45 min routine today.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick I actually only started feeling bloated and uncomfy yesterday.  I dont think the food was dodgy I just think my stomach didn't like it, oh is fine. It does take a while for my stomach tbh.  I drinking lots and eating not much to make it settle.  Good work in the garden, the gooseberries were delicious
    poppy, nice one re achilles
    alehouse it is a bit fresh, just had a short walk
    hazel sounds good re pre run breakfast,enjoy the recovery

• Could it have been more fat than you were used to Wabo? Hope it settles quickly.

chicksta - not much chance of working up a sweat here!

Alehouse - didn't you ask/can't you see the results of the previous tests? Ours are available online. Very windy when I ran but stayed dry.

Good news Poppy.

Dustin - I know I'm in trouble when I clean the bathroom instead of heading out. Sounds like a nice run yesterday.

Hazel - hope the return to work wasn't too much of a shock to the system.

Busy, busy, busy. Mark threw me by wanting to go for a walk this morning which was when i was intending to bake the cake so walked with him then baked before heading out for my run. Just had time for a shower before starting work. Made the buttercream and finished the cake off in between calls. Have just finished lunch. Little bit of work left to do and MiL due to arrive at 1600hrs so I need to have a quick tidy round.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh I think you hit the nail on the head! (fat I mean) Goodness you are busy
    update on lejog, I am heading to Birmingham  :D