Up and down, I'm up the wall,
I'm up the bloody tree
Morning all
Too early for me but there we go!! 

What one hour run
Why challenge see how far I can go
Last hard yesterday 
Last rest 31/12/16 
Oh passed his last exam flying colours yesterday, what a relief as he's been really down for days worried! Electrical city and guilds he's been doing for two years. 
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were for Poppy - Forever Young by Alphaville.

Good to see you chamolk. How are you doing?

Early start indeed for you Wabo - enjoy the challenge. Well done to OH.

I'll be thinking of you chicksta. Hoping for good news.

Was able to resume eating when I returned from hospital Hazel though my stomach is still very unreliable. Not sure I can risk a run this morning.

A good deal from Garmin Dustin. We're not going to be able to go to Florida in October :-(

I feel rough this morning, a combination of stress, lack of sleep, after effects of the investigations and my jab being due I guess. Really not sure my stomach will allow a run but I intend to go for a walk after breakfast and evaluate after that. I have blood tests at the doctors this morning and my jab this afternoon with a little bit of baking and work planned for between. Another winter's day here.

What:            unsure
    Why:             see above
    Last hard:     this week hasn't been easy
    Last rest:      9/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Early start, Wabo! Enjoy your hour! And I watched most of the match. Not impressed!

What: whatever the legs decide

Why: run to feel. Must stretch as way. 

Look forward to hearing your surgeon's answers, Chick

Hope you are feeling better later, LMH. Crisp, cold and sunny here! 7 degrees. Will see what the day brings weather-wise. Could do with a rain-free day or three. 

Daughter can't do my shopping this week, so off to the supermarket shortly for the first time since the first couple of weeks of lockdown. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh hope a nice walk helps, it sure is strange weather out there
    Alehouse I had to go to a supermarket yesterday it wasn't too bad. Hope you have a nice run
    Chick hoping for good news

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Morning again!

Supermarket d&d. Wasn't bad at all. In fact apart from two people ahead at the checkout I barely saw anyone. 

Has turned very grey and looks like rain, despite the forecast. Hope it blows over; will run in about an hour, weather permitting. Stretches first. 

Edit: 8:15 and it is pouring. Was bright sunshine earlier. Forecast said dry. Not happy!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Crossing fingers and errm toes for chicksta today.

Good deal on the Garmin I would say Dustin, hope it arrives soon.

Good luck for the one hour challenge Wabo.  Well done to your OH on his exams!  Lyrics sound like my cats..

Would take it easy if you are feeling rough LMH. 

Good you survived the shopping Ale.  Less lucky about the weather.

What: 14k d&d pre work with 6 x hill efforts and 4 x strides
    Why: hot again today then thunderstorms this evening so better to get it done early.  Apart from grumbling about getting up earlier than normal it was actually very nice.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Well done on exams  wabo oh.
    Chick...sure all is going well.
    LMH hope what's ailing you turns out not to be too serious.
    Walks with 2 friends yesterday plus a dog...nicer weather again but raining now...nevertheless Hitchin a lift to Peters swim spit and walking home on the trail then may go puffin hunting with R this afternoon if it dries up. She's away tomorrow...cue sad mum but it's been great and a lockdown bonus to have had her here.
    Peter still struggling with the stones...they have given up on lithotropsy as it is hiding behind a none and going to move on to GA procedure but not until mid Aug ar earliest as folk on holidays in Aberdeen. Bit miserable for him.
    Beginning to miss running but hey social meet up with running mates planned for tomorrow.
    Have a good day all!
  • Hazel -  please send some heat! Nice morning session. I felt so rough on my walk that I did decide to take it easy. Hopefully tomorrow will be a running day. I did walk nearly six miles and it's a mile each time to the doctors and back so it won't be a totally sedentary day. Just as well as I have a lemon polenta cake in the oven.

It kept going grey whilst I was walking Alehouse but it's brightened up again and no sign of rain so far - hope you can find a dry window for your run.

Els - I hope that it isn't too long until you can run again. I'm sorry to hear that Peter is having to wait so long for his procedure and that R is heading home. I'm fully expecting the result of all of my tests to be 'we can't find any reason for it'.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Wabo - boo for the football, didn't really help either side but sounds good with the mob match. Congrats to OH too!
    Els - echo what LMH said about the lengthy delay for Peter, can't be fun.
    LMH - take it easy as you know the walks will help and keep you sane.

Yesterday was muggy and we've had showers all week, but today looks set to be a scorcher. I expect a full days cricket in the WI test.
    What - easy lunchtime miles
    Why - get some rays
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - yesterday really
    lyric - Yes! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Morning again!

In contrast to Dustin's scorcher...got fed up waiting for it to stop raining so put on a rain jacket and woolly hat and set off, hoping for an hour plus. 10 degrees. Rain for the first ten minutes and last five, but with lots of rain dripping from the trees the jacket was necessary for that alone. The first 5k are on the river banks and they were wetter and muddier than most winters. The way back is easier as it is mainly gravel paths, except for one kilometre on the road and on this had to stop to paddle through a flooded stretch. Anyway, 75 minutes logged. Now to watch some cricket. Have put the heating on.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    had a good hour run, I hoped to at least get 5.5 miles based on recent pace, managed 5.87.  I will get out on the same course 2 more times, see if I can improve
    Alehouse nice running! I might have a look at the cricket
    Dustin it isn't scorching here, it is very strange! Hope the lunchtime miles were good 
    LMH walk sounds nice, cake does too!!!
    els puffin searching sounds amazing, daughter going not so.  Poor OH
    Hazel good running!!

I got an email today, I have entered ludlow virtual 10k, so guess what I will be doing tomorrow? lol!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Afternoon!

Well done on the distance, Wabo! And yes, would be good to try to run further the next two times. Hope it is flat and on the roads! Enjoy Ludlow, at least virtually! And are you in Cheshire yet on LEJOG?

Had a message from my mate and we are going to venture to the Griffin early this evening for a couple of pints. Will have one for you OH! 
    Exciting times,  supermarket and a pub all in one day! And the sun is peeping from behind some clouds.

Wonder how Chick got on.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Congrats to our OH, wabo. A little celebration seems in order :)

Els/OH: So sorry to hear you about continuous kidney stone misery. Oh, and I love puffins (who doesn't ;) )

Hope the hospital tests are conclusive, LMH

Nice mixed session there, Hazel

Enjoy your pints, ale

Seems to be a rather mixed bag of weather in the UK if I compare LMH's winter and Dustin's heat wave reports.

So, all good here. Surgeon is very happy and I'm running around in the office wearing normal trainers and no pain at all. Well, he's a top bloke, so I was lucky to have him operate me :) 

The only fly in the ointment: the other foot can only be done at the end of October. There are no free slots at the hospital until August which is when he's on holiday and I don't want anybody else to step in. I could do early September but that means I will have to spend our Bavarian holiday in October in the surgical shoe which is a no-no. I really want to go mountain biking and hiking then. So we'll have to do it after my hols. That in turn means I won't be able to resume running until February or March 2021  :'(  By then I will have had almost a year off. Oh my ... not what I expected but nothing to be done about, really. At least I'm cleared to do all sorts of non-impact stuff. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh, and can someone please flag the spammer on the June 22 thread? We need one more to make him go away. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Posting an xray of my foot construction :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good news, Chick! Pleased for you!
    I presume that you will be able to gradually increase your walking and then running. Don't rush things though, and make sure you continue to work on your S&C. I'm probably getting a little ahead here, but will you try to get as fit as you can for the end of October? With your sensible head on of course!
  • Good news on your recovery chicksta though a pain about having to wait for the other foot to be operated on.

I hope that you have an enjoyable experience Alehouse. I have no motivation to go and sit inside anywhere at the moment. Mark was hoping to return to our local Indian but a look at the measures they have taken made it decidedly unattractive. The other local Indian (unfortunately we don't like their food anywhere near as much) have done much more and I'd feel more comfortable in there though the prospect of sitting inside with lots of other people for an hour holds no appeal at all.

Well done Wabo - give it some welly on the next one!

Scorcher Dustin? I wish. I managed around ten miles walking in total today. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Pleased to say it was an enjoyable experience, LMH. Next to no-one in The Griffin and only the pair of us in the room we go in. By and large it is an "old man's" pub; I noticed that one of the other pubs which attracts a younger clientele has been closed: notice on the door says due "ridiculous" behaviour and will stay closed until social distancing, government guidelines and council licensing laws can be adhered to.