Saturday 11th July 2020 I'll have some pickled onions

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I'll have some pickled onions,
And a little bit of cheese, please.
Thank you.

What: something easy

Why: ran longer yesterday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Funny lyrics alehouse!!! 
    Yesterday's were living in the ceiling by blancmange
    I'm not sure where I am in lejog! 
    Enjoy the easy alehouse
    Chicksta glad the foot is doing well - long time for next but it makes sense to go with the same guy. 

What might have a go at my Ludlow 10k virtual
    Why see what I have in me and maybe go easy tomorrow
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest
    31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Yesterday's hour run was on the road but still not flat. It isn't easy to do a Flat run where I live, I live on Friday hill lol
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Glad your pub experience was good alehouse, I feel the same as lmh hence my hair is a mess- don't want to go hairdressers either
  • Morning.

I'm glad you had a good experience at the pub Alehouse. Enjoy your easy.

Another virtual event Wabo? I'm not surprised you're having difficulty keeping track!

Just back from a walk with Mark. Bright but breezy and surprisingly chilly out. I feel much better than I did yesterday but I still have a headache and my throat is still very sore. I'm not sure if a run is a good idea or not but \i think I'll give it a go, just hope it doesn't wipe me out and set me back.

What:          a few easy miles
    Why:           to hopefully feel better
    Last hard:   it's been a hard week
    Last rest:    10/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 6k off road logged, but not particularly easy

Why: tired. Grey, cool, windy. Overdressed though! 

Hope you get out, LMH. And enjoy Ludlow, Wabo! And yes, Friday Hill is a bit of a giveaway in terms of flatness!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I very nearly went back to bed Alehouse but got myself out and feel better for it.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good, LMH!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Glad you enjoyed your outing, ale.

I'm with you, LMH regarding eating out not being fun at the moment. We did it on our anniversary trip but it is a strange atmosphere to sit in a room surrounded by mostly empty tables. Also eating breakfast in shifts and being served pre-ordered food rather than use the customary buffet was weird.
    Glad you managed a run and feel better.

Provided I get the green light from my doc I will resume running in September and do whatever the foot allows until the other one is due. Went shopping this morning. For some reason this stresses me to no end. Have to summon up some energy to tackle my strength routine. And I'm planning a little walk once the rain subsides.
  • Swim and a short run.
    Deferred garden party for Els from running pals.
    Stone behaving today.
    Most running attempts are hard.
    Lyrics - not a clue
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Hmm - pickled onions!  Yumm...

Can imagine those pints tasted good Ale.  Seems like the Griffin is a good environment in current times - wouldn't want to go to a packed pub at the moment. 

Hope you found some puffins Els.  Shame R has to go home (Zurich?).  Good luck for being able to run soon.

Like the bones and screws pic from yesterday Chicksta.  Great news regarding foot no. 1.  Shame about the lack of slots for no. 2 but sensible to wait until the surgeon is available again if he did a good job on no. 1.  Plan to get that one nice and strong and maybe running by the time of the second op. seems a sensible one. Shopping is certainly stressful at the moment.

Great distance for the hour yesterday Wabo.  Going to the hairdressers might be worse than going out for a meal - do you have to wear a mask for the former like we do? 

Good you got out of the door LMH and it made you feel better. 

What: 25k with 10 miles @ around mara effort
    Why: test
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics - no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sun is trying to come out...

Good to see you running, OH!

Sounds like a tough run, Hazel! Well done!
  • Glad you were able to run OH. Hope the garden party was enjoyed by all.

Nice run Hazel. What was the result of the test?

chicksta - any chance of a cancellation with your surgeon or would that be difficult for you? Not surprised you find shopping stressful - the click and collect is bad enough though the stress with that is beforehand.

It's been quite nice here all day Alehouse though breezy.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    High of 16, feels like 14, LMH. Breezy. Hardly any sun. An indoor diet of cricket, football and cooking. Wanted to be outside laying a course of bricks but it will have to wait.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice sporty diet, ale.

That sounds like a great run, Hazel

LMH: I talked that through with him - the problem is that he's away for the whole month of August ( the cheek of him ;) ) so he won't be there in case of complications or to remove the stitches. I have a hard time trusting doctors and I don't want anyone else mess with me :)