Sunday 12 July 2020 - When the truth is found to be lies

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning and happy Sunday B)

Lyrics: When the truth is found to be lies
And all the joy within you dies

Beautiful morning so I will try a little walk.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Just catching up  on thread chick enjoy walk and good luck with other foot.

Dustin great deal on Garmin.

Yesterday 6 mile run so I will see if Achilles allows a run todsy!! It feels stiff at the moment.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

It's alright for some chicksta - a whole month off! I hope you enjoy your walk, easy does it.

Hope your achilles behaves Poppy.

It's a lovely bright, still morning here - but 5C colder than the last few mornings currently. Due to warm up nicely later though. Perfect weather for a LSR, if only I had the legs :-(

What:            hopefully a MLR
    Why:             don't think legs will allow a LSR
    Last hard:     remembering when I used to run back to back 20s with ease
    Last rest:      10/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no 

Yesterday's were Splodgenessabounds with Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

What: 30 to 40 minutes easy

Why: sensible head

Hope your walk is good, Chick! A novelty! But don't overdo it please!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Only one mile, but it's a start. I still have a very funny gait but that's expected after 6 weeks in a surgery shoe :) doc has given me a prescription for physio to get back to normality. He also said to balance on one leg frequently. I thought yeah, piece of cake. I do single leg stuff all the time, especially in yoga. I'm good at this. WRONG!! I have very little control in that right foot. Seems like my foot muscles have completely disappeared in those 6 weeks :o  Looks like have my work cut out.

Hope you had a good run, LMH and that your achilles behaved, poppy. Yeah, a whole month off is very cheeky. I told him off for not running that by me first ;)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Morning again!

Yes, it is surprising how quickly muscles waste, Chick. But they also come back quite quickly. Does your watch measure foot contact balance?

What: 42 minutes, largely off road

Why: wanted at least 7k to give me the highest week for around 5 years; mission accomplished so 53.02k for the week. 

And come on Leicester and Spurs!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good going Alehouse.

chicksta - having had several six week (and longer) periods in a cast I know what you mean about the muscle wastage but as Alehouse says, it will soon come back.

Perfect running conditions here this morning and I enjoyed my longest run since the 11th of March.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done, LMH. Perfect conditions here as well, both.for running and bricklaying! Did a decent amount on the new path before I ran. Has clouded over now though.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

One step forward and two steps back - got out running 3 times last week, then got appendicitis this week and had surgery, so I've been on bed rest since getting home. No running for 6-8 weeks apparently, but I'm hoping to get out walking soon. 

Lyrics - oh yes, I love this band. Listened to a few of their albums over the last few days actually.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Oh no, Chamolk! Literally a pain! Hope your youngsters are looking after you!
  • Afternoon!
    Chick...good to get started again and I am sure will get fit fast!
    Chamoik. ..not nice to be on the other side...recover well and hope u get some time off. Be dress rarely in vogue these days.
    Good running all of you who are.
    Day of heavy baking which I quite enjoyed ester day morning swift walk and then garden party afternoon. Much tea scones and cake consumed! In true Orkney fashion breezy and cool with brief flashes of sun...table cloth had to be pegged down but nice to see the runners since currently can't join them!  Followed by first indoor visit by work buddy and her 2 young kids..as well as raining by that time. Good time was had with our rather dated leg! 
    Today virtual and alternative kirkwall HM walked keeping to trails where possible. Took so long and many nettle stings! Feels good though to get a longer walk.
    Meanwhile Peter got a good run and now gone swimmin coffee and book!for me.
  • Hope you're soon up, out and about chamolk.

Well done on the HM walk Els but ouch to the nettle stings. I would love some Orkney cheesecake - it's been years! In fact any of your baking would be very well received. It sounds as though everyone is doing their utmost to keep you entertained and involved which doesn't surprise me at all as I know how much care you take of others.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Slow run up the hill overtaken by my (young and fast) GP.
    Swim in afternoon
    Stone behaving reasonably well and making the most of time before self isolation.
    A few enforced rests recently.
    The stone seems hard to shift.
    Lyrics no.

Sorry to hear about the appendix but hope you're on road to recovery. Don't try to go back too soon ( most doctors do!)

Carer3/daughter2 arrives tomorrow from Bristol.

Hope road to recovery is progressive, chick.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    evening all
    LMH glad you got a good run in
    Chamolk, blimey poor you!!
    alehouse nice running, happy re football, now for yours!
    Poppy hope you got a run in
    Els, nice baking, also been stung by nettles
    chick, agree with others re muscles, glad you got a walk in though
    Mate and I plus my oh went out to do t he tough 5 mile handicap course again, first attempt we did 1.14 and then found we were down for an hour run!! Anyway today, with our pace maker, we managed 1.03.37.  Felt good.
    I am doing it again with another friend tomorrow so hopefully get closer to the hour!
    Have a lovely evening all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse I am near Knutsford, did you ask about Stoke?  I have passed through and one of my friends will finish tomorrow! I am at 350 miles of the 874!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I imagine you are indeed happy, Wabo! And I  am : Vardy has just scored.
    No, I didn't mention Stoke, but Knutsford is probably only 15 miles from here so wave on the way past!

Glad you got a run and swim in, OH.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Bad luck with the appendix chamolk. Hope the recovery goes well and take it easy.

Its a start with the foot chicksta. Hope you get physio sorted out soon. If you work as hard on your foot as on your abs you'll be fine.

Well done on the 5 yr weekly mileage PB Ale. Good news you have made progress with the path.

Busy but enjoyable day by the sounds of it OH and Els.

LMH -Yesterday's test was planned to be 8-10 miles at my old mara PB to see how that felt. Went well. The thought of 20 mile b2bs makes me wince! Good news on your long run today.

Hope the achilles let you run today WP.

Great improvement on the handicap course Wabo and good luck for the hour attempt. Knutsford looks nice.

What: hiking with OH today. Around 13.5 k with +/-1100m. Not a spectacular peak (views/technical difficulties) but a nice route mostly through woods and alpine meadows. Several routes up and down, met a few people at the top, but almost no-one on the way up and down so nice and quiet. This evening a 5.6k gentle leg loosener jog once home.
    Why: perfect weather for hill activities.
    Last hard: hearing that an aquaintance is in hospital with a shattered leg due to being caught in a rock fall whilst out hiking. Makes you think a bit more closely about what you are doing in the big outdoors.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: usual no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

sorry been AWOL again, took Lucas to see Grandpa this weekend, we were all so excited!

Did 13km on Friday, was meant to be 16, but my legs gave in and had to come home.  Still glad I got out though.

Sorry to hear about your appendicitis Chamolk, take it easy.

You too Chick, take it slowly!

Glad you're being well looked after Els.

LMH good to have nice weather for the run and Ale glad your patio is getting laid!

Have a lovely day all.  Shame about the cricket.