Sunday 19 July 2020 - Say you don't know how to do it now

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Good morning :)

Lyrics:
Say you don't know how to do it now
So you run

Going to take the bike for a spin this morning. It's nice and calm for once.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Manchester by Beautiful South.

Enjoy chicksta.

Our first night didn't go too badly. Lola worked out what a bed was and how to use it during the evening and only took a little persuasion to go in her crate at bed time. We had fifteen minutes of crying and singing before she settled for the night which could have been much worse though I'm tired as I was on alert all night. Our neighbours are lovely but I'd really they weren't disturbed by a singing greyhound in the small hours. This morning she was very pleased to see me and whilst she needed some company initially she went into the garden to toilet with only one minor head bang on the patio door. The excitemet of it all must have been a bit much for her because she's retired to her bed now. I expect she'll be very happy when Mark gets up and gives her some fuss, she likes a lot of love. We won't leave her alone for long for a few days so Mark will get first dibs on exercise time today as I can go out more easily in the week whilst he's working.

What:           hopefully something easy later
    Why:            depends on time/how I feel once Mark is back
    Last hard:    sleeping
    Last rest:     13/7

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: half an hour easy plus stretches, hopefully

Why: balancing niggles 

Looks as if for once the weather is going to be favourable.

Enjoy the bike, Chick, and glad that the first night was ok, LMH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh what lovely news, my oh will be very jealous as he loves greyhounds. How Lola settles well, I'm sure she will. 
    Poppy nice to see you getting some hills in again. Sounds good
    Els waffles, yummy! 
    Emzap hope you're feeling ok
    Alehouse my mum is loving the cricket, when it's on! 
    Had a 6 mile run part with my mate yesterday. Looked after Cleo and Lyla most of the day while mummy went to a baby shower garden party

What 5k with mate and her oh
    Why she asked
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Today we'll be having a garden party hopefully for Lyla's 4th. Son and family plus daughter and family. Weather just needs to stay dry!! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Couple of pics from mates cocktail party Friday night. 5 of us were there and it was fun we all had to make our own cocktails. Which explains why I was AWOL yesterday 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    me pink
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    me blonde
  • It's looking as though it's going to be a lovely day here Wabo - hope you get the same and have a lovely party. You should consider rescuing a greyhound, they are really easy dogs.

Niggles no better Alehouse?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Looks like fun, Wabo! Meant to say, your lot need to let Leicester win today!

What: just under half an hour plus stretches d&d

Why: legs felt quite bouncy but can still feel the left hamstring/glute niggle. Not heard back from physio yet. Think she is off until Tuesday. 

Sunny but breezy so not as warm as it looks. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Is it not hogweed that can give you really nasty blisters Els (exposure of skin to juice and the sunlight). Hmm waffles!

Well done on the hills WP. +1 to them making the heart sing ( though they can also induce some good cursing also)

Love the beach pics chicksta. Not jealous at all. Was somehow expecting to see some of those wicker beach chair thingies (whatever a Strandkorb might be in English) or some Watt worms (even less of an idea what they might be!) Like the red nail varnish. Hope you had a nice outing on the bike.

Any cookies left emzap? Well done on the 16k.

Boo to the almost rain streak Ale. At least you got decent weather today and the legs also were mostly ok.

Lola sounds lovely LMH. Reasonable first night by the sounds of it. Hope you have been out in the meantime.

Have a nice garden party Wabo. Great pics above.

What: 28k in 2 parts: up the hill (10.5k / 1:06 / 390m+) to a local lookout tower (250ish steps), quick break, then back down on a longer route (17.5k, 1:36 / 130m+). No pics as pretty hazy, did see a bit of M.Blanc though.
    Why: punishment for not completing yesterday's intervals. In part, today's run was nice actually)
    Last hard: bad stitch and stomach cramps in no.2 of 3x12 mins. Probably ran no. 1 too fast and breakfast was complaining. Tried to stop/walk it off but restart produced almost instant ouch. Never mind.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Looks like you had fun Wabo :-)

Sorry been AWOL, been struggling lately as wheels have fallen of the bus a bit both mentally and physically, which also included a trip to A&E last week with chest and back pains, (not Heart related thankfully) but linked to my anxiety at present.

Hope all are well - Take care
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    A singing dog, LMH? Isn't that something to go on Britain's got Talent? Glad Lola had a reasonable first night.

Wabo, you look hot 🔥 nice pics

Hazel: Lovely outing today. I feel your pain on those intervals. Had that happen to me before 🤢
    My nail varnish is called Victim :D it's my signature colour. No Watt in Sankt Peter Ording. Just a 30km long beach framed by dunes. And yes, there are a few areas with Strandkörbe, but the beach is so vast and there are only 3 access points, all on foot, that large stretches are completely deserted. 

Hope you can get a physio appointment soon, ale.

Bike ride was nice. A little over an hour, followed by another hour of s&c.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lovely pics Wabo and Chick.  I remember St Peter Ording, my first German book had a chapter using it!  I don't think there is an English word for Strandkoerbe...

Cookies went down well but we've ended up with more cake/food than we took!  Oops.

Party was great, we jumped ship at 22:30 (and they moved the party as it was on our front lawn so the baby monitor reached!) and they carried on in a neighbour's garden till gone 1!  

Walk today and some lunges and squats, Lucas found them funny....

LMH not for masks but for clothes for Lucas and me. Glad Lola is settling in well, she sounds lovely.

Ale cricket is looking good.

Have a lovely evening all
  • That beach sounds lovely chicksta. Greyhounds are generally good singers :-) they tend to do it rather than bark.

emzap - I'm jealous of your sewing skills. If you decide you have time to turn your talents to mask making I can post you some cotton material and elastic! It sounds like a nice community where you live.

Sorry you're struggling RFJ - exercising outdoors, even if it's walking rather than running, will hopefully help you to manage the anxiety and prevent future A&E excursions.

I went out once Mark returned Hazel. It was lovely weather and would have been great for a LSR but it was getting a bit busy and it would have been late by the time I'd done so I shall have to hope for a good weather day and good legs in the week. Stitch/stomach issues are not easy to run with - you did well.

Nice to have bouncy legs Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Legs were bouncy LMH as I only did about 32k this week with a long run of just over 6k.

Disappointing result, Wabo. Certainly didn't deserve to be three down with over 20 shots.

Take care, RFJ. 
  • Sounds promising for Lola
    RFJ sounds like tough times. Hang in there!
    Hogweed can indeed cause blistering especially with sun exposure....found that out hard way years ago. Hard to avoid on the trails this time of year.
    Cool walk on west coast Skaill to Marwick head and back. Then sun came out. Still v enjoyable and seabird numbers seem up this year. Still not seen a puffin this summer though some of the birds in flight looked like...but too far away to be sure.
    Have entered virtual ultra with some friends....I will be walking but still keeps us in touch..not for a fortnight though .