Friday 21st August 2020 - Once I thought I saw you in a crowded hazy bar,

Morning.

Lyrics - Once I thought I saw you in a crowded hazy bar,

Dancing on the light from star to star.

Not hurting whilst running is good emzap. Hope Lucas doesn't make you crawl around too much today.

We have the opposite OH - nice day turning in to stormy weather. Looks as though you made the most of the last of your freedom for a while. I think your house must be unrecognisable with all the work you've been doing.

BA cancelled our Florida flights yesterday which is good as it means that all we need the insurance to cover is the apartment now (they have remained open throughout). I wonder when/if holidays like that will be the norm again?

What:            nothing
Why:             knees won't allow it
Last hard:     the tarmac four weeks ago
Last rest:      19/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Turn It On Again - Genesis. 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    LMH - Presumably the insurance does cover the apartment costs?
    We've started the day here with wild wind, already put the garden furniture in the garage so it doesn't end up over the lawn..
    what - steady lunchtime
    why - see how the legs are after a pummelling yesterday (fizz)
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - Tuesday
    Good to be back with the ankle biters last night, only small groups of 6 & 7 to start.
    They must find this all very odd. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Wild, wet and windy here too.

What: a run of some description with M75, stretches.

Why: hopefully an easy day. Whilst the last few days have been comfortable, my legs feel tired so need to back off. Likely to either get wet or blown away. 

Hope insurance is soon sorted, LMH

Trust the knee is ok today, Emz.

Decent 20k MLR, Hazel. Longer than my LSR! 

"A brisk 4k walk" Chick: everything ok after that?

Race report, Wabo?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics familiar
    morning all!
    LMH hope you did get all money back, I feel sorry for people in Croatia, that said I would not have booked anything no way
    dustin it must have felt good getting back to  training the ankle biters lol! Enjoy the steady run
    Very blustery here this morning!!

Oh the race... As I said I was the fox, I was a good 2 miles in before anyone caught me, the lady who set off a couple of minutes after me in fact. I guess my predicted time may have been 31.30 ish.  I had a great run, only about 10 caught me in the end and I came in at 30.17 for a 5k off road with hills.  I am so happy with that as it is my fastest on that course for 2 years. But most of all because the back allowed it with no bad effects. That massage really helped!
    Handicap on the whole was well worked out because people kept tumbling in withing a couple of minutes. Then most of us dispersed quickly as asked.
    The other thing was it was so funny to b at a race all nervous and thinking why?? then finishing and getting t hat high that you get, I have missed that!!
    What: couple of easy miles this morning and maybe a couple more later with OH if he wants
    why: it is all I want to do
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Nice swimming pics again yesterday OH.  Hope that the self-isolation doesn't get too tedious.  I could send you a stack of ironing if you get really bored?

Good news you were able to run yesterday emzap. 

Good you will get your flights back LMH and good luck with the appartment costs as well. 

Glad you enjoyed the coaching yesterday Dustin.

Doesn't sound like a day for more than easy running anyway Ale.  Enjoy your run with M75.

No wet and windy here (yet?).  Another 30 degree day forecasted but should be the last one for a while.

What: 6.66 k recovery d&d
    Why: legs tired after the last couple of days so postponed the planned GA 6 miler.
    Last hard: not keeping going for longer nonetheless (at recovery pace) - lovely morning with a slightly fresher feeling to it
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • It should do as long as the government advice is still not to travel to the USA. I fear for our youngsters, lots of damage potentially done to all age groups. A bit of normality was very welcome I expect.

It was a slow and painful walk with Lola this morning. On the plus side my ankle seems to be recovering more quickly between each run. Either that or the knee is so bad it just overshadows it.........
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just checked, 10 out of 45 caught me, that must be good right? Well better that none did lol!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Well done last night, Wabo! Beat the handicapper!

Hazel: I got told off for running 6.66! 

Right, M75 will be here in a minute.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'd have kept going whilst it felt good Hazel!

That is good going Wabo.

Don't get blown away Alehouse.
  • x-post Wabo: Well done!  Good news all round - great time, back was ok and you enjoyed it!

I had to get home for breakfast and work unfortunately LMH.  Could be progress on the ankle at least.  Could you maybe order the magic cream by post?  Forgot to ask that yesterday. 

The distance made me smile as well Ale - it is one of my standard recovery routes so it could feature every now and then.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 38 minutes mainly off road, with stretches beforehand (,ust do more later)

Why: all M75 wanted to do. We set off in heavy drizzle, turned a corner and came to a standstill almost due to the wind. However it soon dropped, the rain disappeared and the sun came out. We had to clamber under a couple of fallen trees: these must have come down overnight. The world, of course, was put to rights. 

Not light enough to get blown away, LMH...yet. Am working on it!
  • Unfortunately not Hazel. Now you see I'd have run the extra and logged on to work just in time then fitted in getting clean and having breakfast somehow - this may be why I'm not a top executive :-)

You were fortunate Alehouse - wind is continuing to increase here.
  • Breezy but sunny here.
    eService for Sunday and a few bits and pieces around house done.
    Self-isolating
    Last hard not being able to go for a swim this morning.
    Today I guess will be a rest day although turbo is now set up in spare room again.
    Lyrics no
  • You’re brave OH - we use our turbo in the garage, too hot in the house even for me.
  • No room in the garage and I haven't yet stayed on longer than 5 minutes!
    A few tatties dug up and a bit of weeding.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 5km with friend
    Why: was getting boring on my own
    Last hard: running 2 days on the trot
    Lyrics: nope

Knee is feeling better though not completely.

Great work last night wabo.
    Lmh hope the knee improves soon
    Have you got a list of things to keep you busy oh?

For some reason am cream crackered today.

Have a great day all