Sunday 20th September 2020 - I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail

Morning.

Lyrics - I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail

Great news Hazel - hope the move goes smoothly. Not good about the boiler, hopefully it was warmer there than here, I definitely wouldn't fancy a cold shower.

Hope you are safely home Els and OH. No bike ride for me yesterday, too windy for it to be enjoyable.

Good to hear from you em - hope Lucas slept last night.

No idea what the knee/hip are going to feel like when I get going but I wasn't woken by them last night so that's progress. The forecast for tomorrow morning is lovely for a run so I may not try today and hope that an extra day's rest makes for a better run when I do go.

Yesterday's lyrics - Here Comes That Sinking Feeling - Eurythmics.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Was wondering how things were, Emz!

Difficult to know what to say about your knee/hip situation, LMH!

What: probably about half an hour easy running

Why: easy day after two fairly hard days

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics...unusually yes!
    Home sweet home...even arrives on time at 11 pm and house wasn't too cold! Thick fog blanketing Kirkwall though. ..apparently had been a lovely weekend .
    Washing done. Cupboards empty!
    So guess shopping..yuk and cooking and a walk. Keen to try a little run but not sure if it's time yet!
    Emz....well done on your challenge!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yes
    Els and oh glad you got give safe. Take care. Wow though you've been busy
    Hazel hope you have a good move
    Lmh another day rest could be good, son doesn't have somewhere to sell, they love in a brand new but very small council flat, second floor so this move will be great.
    Chick lovely photos, hope the sore bits ease up
    Emzap hope Lucas is ok now. Well done on getting that challenge done with all that going on
    What 5 mile forest run with one I ran with yesterday
    Why I entered a virtual race so did she do we'll crack it out together
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

Hope that I am soon under 200 miles to go on lejog
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Swim just now maybe short run later
    Possibly last chance before 2nd lockdown.
    Side still sore. Would have expected it to be improving by now.
    Entered local real 10k next Sunday, unsure whether I'll be fit and whether it will still be permitted ...
    Not much exercise yesterday.
    Lyrics a double yes

• My legs made it clear very quickly when I walked Lola that there would be no running today. Just as well as I need to take Lola to the vet - she chased a rabbit through a barbed wire fence and prickly hedge <<sigh>> was quite interesting trying to extract her. No serious damage done but I think she needs some antibiotics and possibly a staple in a would on her chest.

Glad you made it home ok Els and OH. Do you have to wait for the all clear from someone to try a run Els? If not and you feel like it why not head out for a gentle run/walk with some company and see how you go?

That's good Wabo, a bit less stress for them.

OH - very difficult to know what the next few days are going to bring never mind further ahead. Enjoy it whilst you can.
  • Afternoon - around about

Glad you got home ok Els and OH.  

Hard to say what will happen the next days anywhere OH.  These months of not being able to plan anything are getting very wearing and there is no end in sight. Hope you have a nice swim.

Good luck if you do try a run Els.

Glad to hear from you Ems - sounds like a tough few days.  Well done on completing the challenge.

Had a nice run Ale?

Enjoy the forest virtual race Wabo.  Bungalow sounds like a good move - fingers crossed.

Ouch for Lola LMH.  Hope she won't need too much treatment.  Fingers crossed for you too for a run tomorrow if you couldn't today.

What: MLR some time this afternoon
    Why: haven't done a longer run yet this week
    Last hard: still no hot water... 
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Aww...poor Lola...hope she doesn't need roo much doing!
    Hazel enjoy the long run. Running friends of mine have been doing some fantastic coastal routes...bit envious! 
    Wabo getting  virtually nearer to us!
    Was told I can run but to wait for a few days however this bleb on the original aneurysm worries me a little as was similar that bled the first time. I realise no one can totally say it's safe but also was a wee bit hazy in memory when consultant spoke to me as only a few hours post op
    Fog is lifting but not away...much werter underfoot on walk than expected given last couple of lovely days! Went up the hill the back way and yes there were a few wee jogs going on.
    Enjoy the afternoon folks.
  • Sounds positive Els.

Hazel - hope you have hot water for after your run, sounds like a strange arrangement with your boiler.

Poor Lola was very stoic and saved us a lot of time and money by allowing the vet to insert three staples in her chest wound without being sedated. I really don't like not being able to go in with her and hold her.

I'm hopeful of a run tomorrow but then I always am.
  • Probably best to wait a few more days, Els. Walks with a bit of jogging are almost as good as runs or so I keep telling myself ;)
    Glad both of you made it back home now. Hope you're spared stricter measures.

My friend Dan said parts of Lancashire are back in lockdown :(

Oh no, LMH. Poor Lola. She sounds like a calm and easygoing dog. Hope you can run tomorrow.

Congrats on signing the lease,  Hazel. Hope the hot water is back on.

Missed your post about house trouble, ale. Subsidence sounds dreadful. Our neighbours in Chelmsford had that happen.  Fingers crossed yours isn't too bad.

Nice miles, wabo.

Yes to lyrics 😃

A 10 mile walk in glorious sunshine. Knee trouble is gone. I blame the long drive yesterday. Left hip still a bit sore but I've had that on and off so it's a kind of new normal for my ageing self ;)
  • Glorious sunshine and no knee trouble sounds good chicksta. Do you know what's wrong with your hip? Most of Lancashire apart from Blackpool for some reason I think.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hello

Another bad night here.  Lucas' nose is streaming and I think it's just uncomfortable to sleep poor thing.

What: a few walks
    Why: all I feel up to
    Last hard: the past 2 weeks have been tough
    Lyrics: yes

Poor Lola, but sounds like she's been brave :)
    Hazel does your flat block all share a boiler?  That's what we had in Germany and it was really annoying when it ran out of oil.
    Wabo sounds like good news about the bungalow
    Els/OH sounds like you're pleased to be home.  Keeping fingers crossed you are ok Els.

So, challenge totals:
    Raised: about £1350 (my step mum is yet to sponsor me but said she'd do 30p/km
    Walked: 46 km
    Ran: 119 km

Hoping to get to club tomorrow night, we'll see how tonight is...

Have a lovely Sunday all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hi all

still plodding here, 22.4m for the week.... several near falls, but stayed on my feet

Ref health and Depression ect, very much up and down esp as try to find a new role at work, which could be scuppered if we go into a second lockdown.... and thats worrying me....

Take care
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els I'll let you know tomorrow where I am! So hope less than 200 miles from jog!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can