Wednesday 23rd September 2020 you are the one

Morning!

Lyrics: you are the one
Only you beneath the moon
Under the sun

What: something gentle

Why: give my legs an easier day after yesterday's LSR.

Weather is changing here, as are the seasons: day and night the same length yesterday. For the next six months the nights are longer which I am not looking forward to.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Strong Enough by Cheryl Crow.

Good news OH.

Looks and sounds as though you had a good break Dustin. Hopefully you won't have to go back to the commute.

The day's have been getting noticeably shorter Alehouse - not so bad whilst the weather is ok but I feel it's going to be a long winter. We are forecast a high of 14C today and heavy rain from 1000hrs :-(

Hope chamolk is ok - he's not been around for a while now.

No idea what if anything I'll do other than bake my xmas cake. No idea of the lyrics either.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Great photos Dustin
    I'm starting to wonder when I'll be back in the office. Thinking about the people I usually see and tbh in starting to feel a bit sad about it!!! I did think I'd be back in November
    Lmh think you may be right about a long winter
    Alehouse have a nice easy one, days are indeed noticeably shorter now

What jog to mate, run the five in forest then jog or walk back
    Why get the miles up
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all, think it's a t shirt day
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

In contrast to Dustin's pictures it is decidedly wet here this morning. Supermarket shop before I decide when to run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Beautiful here! Walked up the hill feeling gloomy about life then ran home, felt much better - still not sure if was right thing to do!
    Making plum and cardamon jam, if it sets!
    Enjoy the nice weather those who have it, make to most of the rain if not!

• Slow 10k jog
    Nice day and convincing myself that I can still do it (side still sore)
    Uncertainties are hard.
    No run yesterday but swam.
    Lyrics no
  • Nice pictures Dustin
  • Hiya
    Needless to say, the weather turned here too - light drizzle overnight and that has persisted this morning.
    What - easy recovery later 
    Why - stretch out
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - Yesterday

• Afternoon!

What: just over half an hour easy

Why: needed easy today after yesterday. First km was a struggle but fine once I got going.
    Drizzle but has now just stopped, of course.

Meant to say, there was a clue to the lyrics in my opening post.

Well done, OH! And you are right about the uncertainties.
  • If it made me you feel better I'd say it was the right thing to do Els. Jam sounds interesting. I have a nice plum yoghurt cake recipe if you have surplus plums.

Sorry to hear that your side is still sore OH.

If it was just drizzle you did better than us Alehouse. Heavy rain for much of the day though it does seem to have gone through now. Cold and windy forecast for the next couple of days :-(

Better to have the good weather whilst you were away though Dustin.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Very wet here all day, LMH. Waited until it was just drizzling before I ran. Just the five hour wait...and just 12 degrees! 

Edit: heavy rain again!
  • Late check in and missed yesterday as well.

Nice pics yesterday Dustin, you look very relaxed.

Nice long run yesterday Ale, well done. Hope the car fix wasn't too expensive.

Did you get the cake done LMH? Might do one at the weekend. Would also get that knee looked at.

Glad your run lifted your mood Els.

Well done on the 10k OH. The only certain thing at the moment seems to be more uncertainties.

Enjoy the t-shirt weather whilst it lasts Wabo.

What: 9.9 miles (ups) including WU, sesssion of 14,12,9 mins off 4 min recoveries, CD
    Why: speedwork
    Last hard: rep 2/3 after doing rep 1 @ 10k PB pace.. (idiot, but actually it was fun)
    Last rest:30.03

Lyrics: no