Friday 25th September, She had an 'orror of rooms

Lyrics - She had an horror of rooms she was tired you can't hide beat

I will explain the choice on Saturday!!!
What maybe 3 miles
Why staying with mum so it will be down hill almost a mile, then of course I have to come back up!!
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Wide awake club
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Carry On by Chris De Burgh.

Enjoy your run by the sea Wabo.

Very atmospheric OH.

I'm not sure how a school can be very Covid secure Alehouse - they are all coughs and colds at this time of year anyway. Is it a school you've taught at before?

I hope that chamolk is ok.

emzap has disappeared again too.

We were able to bring Lola home yesterday evening, happy as ever, I think she'd won the heart of the young trainee vet nurse who had been looking after her whilst she was in the vet's kennels - she couldn't get over how happy and loving Lola was in the circumstances. Just short walks for a few days.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning all
    LMH - good news about Lola, tough choice for Wrexham. 
    When do you need to run a GFA time by as I thought a time already achieved was valid for 2 years, although I know the latest VLM guide tampered with the rulings...
    Also wouldn't GFA for you be slower than 3h15 (more like 3h45+?)
    so although you may not set the world on fire you will achieve that?
    Your call on how you think the body will hold up though.
    Chick - glad you had a good weekend away. I hear you with the "chaos on return to work" issue...
    OH - good news the builders show and fingers crossed the test results are good.
    Hazel - interesting session on Wednesday, I guess that should be threshold pace not 10k pace? Enjoy the fortnight off
    Ale - good luck with the job (if you decide it's safe enough!)
    Youngest now at Manchester and by all accounts the rule of 6 doesn't apply to students. She sent a screenshot of the latest figures for cases reported in the last week: Manchester was 847, back here in the wilderness it was 7....

What - easy run
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - yesterday. Similar to Ale went for some hill work. 8 x ~150m hard effort, jog back (on grass). About 4.5 miles in total. 
    Mile race tomorrow - club hosting a third and final track day with the old codgers "Dream Mile" the final event. Usually I'd be having another stab at 5:30. I'd take 6:30 on current form.

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

That was an early start, Wabo! Hope that you got some more sleep. And enjoy your time with mum, and your run.

Glad that Lola seems to be ok, LMH: hope she makes a quick recovery. 
    Yes, have been to the school before and I have read the 19 pages of measures that they have put in place. As I say, if I don't feel comfortable I will say goodbye!

What: whatever M75 decides

Why: relatively easy day. 6 degrees again but very breezy...but bright sunshine. 

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Poor Lola LMH - relieved she is ok - she seems a lovely natured dog.  We will try to get away for a few days but at the moment I'm glad we haven't booked anything as the weather is pretty crap for the next few days.  White fluffy stuff visible on the mountains down to about 1400m (when I can get a glimpse of them).

Enjoy your visit to your mum Wabo.  You could always walk back up that hill.  Afternoon nap to compensate for the early waking?

Nice pic yesterday OH.  Colours could be an inspiration for some more painting?  Good luck with the builders and the docs.

Good thing you had a break Chicksta. 

Sounds sensible regarding the job Ale. Have a nice run with M75.

Correct regarding the pacing on the long reps Dustin.  Nice hill work and good luck with the mile tomorrow.

What: short recovery
    Why: need an easy day after two decent ones in a row.
    Last hard: not overdoing it - a couple of good sessions has given me a bit of a confidence buzz and if I overdo it things will tip back to poor sessions if I get generally tired.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Hazel - very sensible, you need the easy days. Hope the weather improves and you can get a change of scene. Lola is one of if not the best natured dog I have had in a lifetime of dog ownership.

Dustin - GFA for me is sub 4 (I think) but the cut off for Wrexham is 3.15. I do have a GFA for 2022 (as things stand) but wanted an official time this year (and when I entered Wrexham I thought sub 3 was possible and if not very close to that). Can't see it going ahead with the continued rise in cases and the news that Cheshire have just withdrawn permission for two 10k races that were due to be held this weekend (the organiser had a plan to move over the border if Wales said no). Rather you than me with the mile - hope you surprise yourself.

Enjoy the run with M75 Alehouse.

Even though it was just a short walk with Lola this morning it was clear that my knee wouldn't tolerate a run. 
  • Morning again!

A pleasant 50 minutes on the trails with M75, putting the world to rights, not least feeling sorry for students, particularly those just starting uni...and the restrictions currently in place in Manchester.

Plus stretches.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lola sounds amazing, LMH. Glad she's back home with you. Maybe the decision about Wrexham will then soon be taken out of your hands ... Do you think you knee would tolerate a marathon? I'd be a bit apprehensive. Let's just hope that 2021 rolls on soon and that Covid is going to be history at some point. Having said that, I think it will get quite a bit worse before it gets better ...

Ale: Jealous of your trail run. I did a trail walk this morning and I sprinkled a handful of teensy jog segments in. It was lovely. I got back home just as the heavens opened :)

Hazel: Snow already? OMG. Good idea with the recovery. Too many hard sessions can backfire. 

Also hoping chamolk is ok. And Poppy

Wabo: early start indeed and no to lyrics.

Good luck for the mile, Dustin. I can't remember the last time I clocked a mile starting with a 6...  P&D have a 3 x 1 mile interval session in their marathon plans and it was always vomit inducing!

So, despite work being totally mental I managed decent workouts every day with either a gym session (elliptical plus weights) or walks.

Forecast for the weekend is dire. Just as we were planning a picnic with some parkrun friends (socially distances and outside, of course). Not sure this is going to go ahead. If it's raining I definitely won't go. 

Have a great weekend, all. 
  • chicksta - I can't actually see Wrexham going ahead with the new lock downs announced in Wales today too, as for whether my knee will tolerate a marathon it's going to have to on 4th October as I have the virtual. My physio says doing the distance in the least time possible is actually better but I expect I will cover the miles far more slowly than I would have done in a race.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did go back to  sleep 🤣 awake from 3-430 due to something suddenly dropping into my neck on the dark causing me to jump up put the light on and freak out. Couldnt see anything, kept light on and posted  on here, then saw a crane fly right above me 🥺🥺🥺
    Slept with light on till 6🤣🤣
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I HATE crane flies Wabo.
  • Me too. They freak me out 😱

Is the virtual an alternative to Wrexham or would you do 2 marathons if Wrexham went ahead?
  • Slow 3.5 miles this morning (usual beach loop) then nice walk on west coast with Elspeth  this afternoon.
    Still dreading how bad my PW will be for 10k on Sunday ...
    Lyrics no