Sunday 27th September 2020 - You and I were friends from outer space

Morning.

Lyrics - You and I were friends from outer space
             Afraid to let go

Hazel - I'd see it as an opportunity, level the top and you get to try the cake :-:smile:

Hope you enjoy your races OH and Wabo - if the girls let you get there.

Cold and windy here again today but Lola seems her usual self this morning so that's something. Forecast for tomorrow is better so I may save my knees and try a run then, who knows, not a lot of point in hurting myself now, it's not going to make any difference next Sunday.

Yesterday's lyrics - Shiver by Coldplay.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Go well, racers...and it is a long time since I wrote that!

Marzipan and icing hide all sorts, Hazel!

What: whatever the legs decide

Why: they were a bit lethargic coming down the stairs this morning. 

Cold but seems to be less windy here.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Good luck to Wabo too (if you get there).

I had too much mixture for my tin LMH so I put the rest into a mini-quiche tin. Doubt that one will survive the afternoon. Good point regarding next week, save yourself for tomorrow.

Have a nice whatever run Ale.

Have a good Sunday all.

What: MLR probably HM distance, will also do a whatever the legs decide on pace.
    Why: Sunday longer run
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • I'd be looking forward to trying that Hazel! Hope you have a good run.

Don't push it Alehouse, you're doing well.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Been away on holiday so AWOL for most of the week.

No running done but quite a lot of walking.

Back to work tomorrow :cry:

Need to read back and catch up!
  • Is that your summer off gone already emzap? Hope you had a good holiday and that Lucas is sleeping better.
  • Afternoon!

Good to see you Emz! Back to work for me tomorrow as well! 

Nice gentle run to bring up another 50k week. That's ten in a row and 16 out of 18. And no, not pushing it LMH. Trying to control what I can control!

And meant to say no to the lyrics.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

20m in total this week, so mileage again coming down.

More vaccinations done now had 6/9, the last lot on Thursday were very painful and arms are still sore.

Have to have a covid test on Tuesday for procedure on Friday (Cystoscopy) bladder and MS issues....

Take care all
  • Afternoon

Sorry been missing again but I have new Garmin😁 and run 27 miles which is most in at least 4 weeks.

What  hiking
    Why a beautiful day and a nice picnic.
    Last hard lockdown and past 3 weeks.
    Lyrics nope,

Rest day today as no time as I slept in and 4 degrees seemed a tad unfair😊.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • You're doing better than me RFJ. Hope all goes well.

Hope you enjoy being back at work tomorrow Alehouse. Much as I would love to go in and see my students there is no way I'd like to actually be working on campus at the moment.

Nice to see you Poppy.

Where are OH and Wabo with their race reports?
  • DNS for me.
    Ongoing pain.
    Would not have been sensible nor enjoyable especially with wedding just 5 days off.

Covid workup pre hospital admission seems highly variable across the UK .
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    I did get to the race and had a really good run, in spite of a nasty fall at 4k!! Fell really heavy on knees and hands, bashed elbows too. Totally winded, got up gathered myself and kept going, second half miles were actually quicker. Came in at 1.00.17, so happy and so sore tonight. Girls and oh yelling me on at the finish, then they spotted the blood and gravel on me
    Oh right thing to do by the sounds of it
    Poppy nice miles and happy hiking
    Rfj hope that all goes well this week, nice miles
    Wow alehouse great k's running
    Emzap hope work goes well
    Hazel hope the mlr went well

Hope there is no bad damage tomorrow when I attempt to run

Alehouse, your team!!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Evening!

Thinking of you RFJ!

Sorry to hear about the continued pain, OH, but sensible decision.

Well raced Wabo...and hope you are ok tomorrow. And daylight robbery by Newcastle, courtesy of VAR.

And don't mention Leicester!
  • Dounby 10k marshal report in the absence of Peter running it! He left me and bike t the start, everyone registered in masks and with distancing, chatted with one of the marshals and then off to my 6k road crossing. Two start waves of 30 folk ten min apart, definitely spread out well by time had reached me. Back to start to see the last half dozen finish, all seemed to have worked well! Some good times as it was a mild day with no wind and a few new runners doing their first 10k ...all good. Think that will be all for this year though in Orkney.

Cycled home as it was a lovely day, first time on the bike for ages and enjoyed the absence of wind.
    Busy afternoon making tablet for wedding (like fudge but better) and then a 6 mile run, got in to find friend had messaged me to see if I fancied a walk so another 6m walked. chillier by that time though.  poor Peter abandoned for most of the day. Now got some bread and knitting to attend to!

Nice race Wabo, sorry about the fall though.  Probably could have completed the 10k myself but would have been towards the back, didn't know how I'd be faring when entries closed and its not my favourite distance anyhow and marshals are always needed! Lots of excuses!

RFJ - hope things settle down for you, the Covid test isn't great but not too bad either!
    Hazel - enjoy sampling the cake!
    LMH glad Lola is doing well.