Thursday 1st October 2020 - The city is quiet, too cold to walk alone

Morning.

Lyrics - The city is quiet, too cold to walk alone

Strangers in overcoats hurry on home

Good that you've been able to get an appointment for your injection chicksta.

That sounds like a good way to spend a non running day Hazel.

I can recommend the Yorkshire coast if you're looking for an alternative for the weekend away Wabo. Hope you can find something nice to do, it feels worse than ever when things are cancelled or curtailed at the moment - because we don't have much to look forward to I guess. Hope your car is ok.

Vet decided to leave Lola's staples in for a few more days and redressed her leg so we are back on Saturday. Unusually my knee doesn't feel good this morning - I don't usually have any problem with it until I've walked so it's a bit worrying. Physio this afternoon but I doubt her magic wand is working, one can only hope. B12 jab this afternoon which will hopefully perk me up a bit. Sinking into a bit of a pit at the minute. Should have been off to Florida in nine days :-(
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Simon and Garfunkel with The 59th Street Bridge Song

What: whatever M75 decides

Why: should be a fairly easy day for me. Then dash into the city to the opticians: hope it is quiet. 

Hope the physio can do her magic, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    back from a sluggish 4 miles, enjoyed it though!
    LMH I think due to the weather OH has decided he doesn't want to go away so it will be a curry on his birthday instead
    enjoy the run Alehouse
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

What: enjoyable 48 minute outing with M75

Why: chance to run with someone else. 

Now to brave the tram to go to the opticians. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    ELS/OH - safe travels and have a good time!
    LMH - not having much luck at the moment. It will get better!
    Thanks for the thoughts re #2 offspring. To be fair, most ARE being sensible, and there are those that don't adhere to any guidelines. But if you have 12 in halls and the each meet half a dozen course mates, or go to the gym, or a few pals in the pub, and multiply out all those close contacts (all within guidelines) then it doesn't take much to snowball. 
    She has no symptoms and has a normal temperature which is a good thing.

What - a few miles with some faster bits, then coaching the ankle biters
    why - Thursday
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - reckon today may bring out a sweat

• Afternoon!

Quite a few runs are sluggish at the moment, WWabo...but at least we are running! I dare say LMH would give anything for a run of that descriptio!

Dustin: unfortunately the "guidelines" are somewhat chaotic...and by and large are guidelines that say "should" rather than "must". Not sure how a "must" could be enforced anyway! The guidelines in Manchester in lockdown are that you should only go out with people that you live with, up to five others. There was someone on the radio from Manchester Uni staff saying how difficult this is: you should not be going out with anyone from your course unless you live with them (you can meet them outside in a public place but not inside or even in your own garden if you have one); you can practice your sport or your club's activities, but cannot go out with them unless you live with them (but again you can meet them outside in a public place but not inside or even in your own garden if you have one). Not easy for students, particularly new ones who will be trying to make new friends...especially from their course or activity! The lady concerned said that if you are in a flat or house of 8 only six can go out and two have to remain behind or go elsewhere! And it is very unclear whether it always has to be the same people going out! The rule of six doesn't apply in lockdown areas. I think the key thing is to be very sensible, as you suggest. 

Glad your little one is well and hope she has made a good start to life up north! Enjoy your run and the ankle biters! 
  • LMH: Understandable that you are feeling a bit blue. Such a shame about travelling abroad being impossible. 

Dustin: Glad your daugher seems OK. Hope her condition stays that way. 

Hope the tram was empty, ale. I have not been brave enough for public transport yet ...  I just drive everywhere :)

Happy birthday to your OH, wabo

Went for a walk this morning and did a couple of push-ups and some really gentle exercises for the back. That's all I can do at the mo but it's better than nothing. Quite happy that walking is still a possibility. I need my daily fix of fresh air :)

• Good that walking is ok, Chick and you can manage some exercises. And the tram, and the city centre, were extremely quiet.