Monday 12th October 2020 - Lover, I'm on the street

Morning.

Lyrics - Lover, I'm on the street

Gonna go where the bright lights

I'm allowed to try a 2-3 mile run today but I don't know if I'm going to. I'm not sure if it's common sense or lack of motivation but as my knee is now uncomfortable rather than painful when I walk I don't want to run enough to upset it. I'd rather be able to walk (more or less) pain free than to run. I don't know if a run is likely to make it worse or if leaving it a few more days will make that less likely or what really. I have emailed my physio for physio but she was away over the weekend so may not have time to get back to me for a day or two and ultimately I know the decision is mine. Unusual position to find myself in.

Yesterday's lyrics - So Tired - Ozzy Osbourne.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh maybe leave it today and see what tomorrow brings? It's horrible when you just don't know. 

What run with buddy Louise 5k no more
    Why she did a long run yesterday
    Last hard yesterday 6
    Last rest 31/12/16
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no, but yesterday's are appropriate for me this morning!

I understand your dilemma, LMH! Probably best to wait, or certainly wait until you hear from the physio.

What: easy run

Why: sensible head.

Forecast is dreadful, and it is very dark and cold this morning. 

Back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

+1 to waiting a day LMH.  Hope your physio gets back to you soon.

Have a nice run with Louise Wabo. 

Forecast is not too bad here Ale but I agree on the dark and cold bit. Good consistency over the last weeks. 

Get you on the wine / beer Chicksta.  Nice pics and sleeping yesterday.  Lebkuchen sounds good.

Nice rainbow pics OH and well done on the XC.

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: back to work (hence earlier posting)
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Hope your pal doesn't let you down today Wabo.

Boo to back to work Hazel.

It's a lovely morning for running here Alehouse - though a bit cold for me of course.

My amazing physio, despite still being away (I wouldn't have emailed her had I known) has advised me to leave it a couple of days to see if it settles some more but then run regardless so decision made for me.
  • Dark wet day.
    Already swum around wreck (friend's dawn birthday swim - didn't see sun rise, in fact, unlikely to see sun today at all)
    Group run this evening
    Lyrics no

Hope knee improves soon, LMH.

Will be interesting to see what day brings re new English Covid regulations.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Different mate today lmh, she's pretty good and drags me round quicker too!
    4 miles d&d off road. Saw a deer being chased by a dog, two muntjacks and a whole herd of long horned cattle!!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh up and at em early. I also wonder what today will bring us
  • morning,

Sorry been missing but last week I ran 6 days and 27 miles-yay.I am resting today as I slept badly and needed 2-3 hours more.

LMH Good call on waiting to test the run.

Wabo:Lovely to see a deer and a faster run:-)

Hazel:Enjoy work and recovery run

Chick: i must read back to see how you are doing?

What: abs and strength training
    Why: rest day
    Last hard: this morning
    Lyrics: Yes

Have a great day and will try to remember to post every day:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH, Chick - great pictures
    Chick - well done with the sleep PB and enjoy the break
    LMH - sensible decision, I can only sympathise with how frustrating this must be
    Emz - cake testing? Where do I sign up!
    Hazel - good hill session. And how very dare you suggesting the dust on the spikes is last year's mud....(* It is...)
    Ale- Ah yes the wheelbarrow race, I still have the certificate for winning the district schools "beanbag in hoop" from 1974. No, seriously, I do.
    Wabo - sounds like a fun run with the nature notes too
    WP - good mileage last week

What - mammoth shop to replenish the cupboards, then a run
    Why - I'm allowed out
    last rest - last week
    last hard - last week

• Should my middle daughter ever get married, she has, in anticipation, banned me from making a speech - partly due to her primary school prowess at the sack race!
    For me, I can't remember being proficient at any sport of physical activity during my school years :'(
  • Afternoon!

Hope that you remembered how to run, Dustin! Not sure that I did!

What: a wet and lethargic 25 minutes

Why: it was wet and I was lethargic...at best. Has been grey and wet all day, and little breeze to shift it. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Enjoy the run Dustin!

A double day OH - hope that means you are feeling better today.

Wetter than forecast here this afternoon after a lovely morning Alehouse. How much longer do you have at work?

I'm glad this mate is more reliable Wabo and that you had a good run.

Waiting to hear what BoJo and co have in store for us today. The care home have been in touch with MiL to say that they are stopping visits - they have said that PHE have told them to but I'm not sure - I thought that PHE advised that each home did its own risk assessments, unless they have a positive case and haven't said of course. Apparently a letter explaining more is being sent out.
  • Sorry I got the dates wrong  LMH. Somehow I thought you were leaving for the coast last Friday. Your physio sounds amazing. Hopefully the knee settles in the next few days.
    Guess the latest developments are quite disconcerting for your MiL.

Btw, how is Lola doing? Hope her wounds are healing.

Glad this friend didn't let you down, wabo.

How did it feel to be free again, Dustin?

Poppy: Good to see you. I did my back in 2 weeks ago (old spinal injury rearing its ugly head again after 7 years). Luckily I have a superb neurosurgeon who gave me an emergency appointment for injections so I could go on holiday. The state I was in meant I wasn't fit to travel but its all good now.

No rain today but even colder. Wrapped up warm and spent a couple of hours walking. Hiking up in the mountains is a no-no, too much snow but down here in the woods it's all good.
  • No worries chicksta - I'm having difficulty remembering what day it is at the moment never mind other people's plans! My physio is worth every penny I pay her and not just because she gives me so much extra time in email support. I asked if I should book an appointment and she told me not to. Glad you're able to enjoy your holiday. Lola is nearly there thank you - the wound on her leg is tiny now and requiring no further intervention (though we've only got there in the last two days). I think the stopping of visits is probably a relief for MiL to be honest, she found going once a week very wearing and had just been persuaded to make it once a fortnight - now she can't feel guilty about it.