Tuesday 20th October 2020 - I'm 'round the corner from anything that's real

Morning.

Lyrics - I'm 'round the corner from anything that's real

Lovely pics chicksta.

Hope the CT shows something easily fixable OH.

Good that you have more work after half term Alehouse - you sound as though you're enjoying it there.

What:            hopefully a slightly longer run
Why:             physio says so
Last hard:     trusting my knee
Last rest:      19/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    what? where is everyone.
    LMH hope you had a slightly longer run

What: one hour yoga, loved it, track later
    why: tuesday track day
    last hard: balancing and holding poses
    last rest 31/12/16
    This is very strange.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I know Wabo - I thought I'd broken the thread! I have rehab program from my physio that I'm following so today's run was two more miles.
  • Afternoon!

Quiet indeed!

Apologies for the lateness: no time this morning and this is the first opportunity to get on the internet! 

What: around 8k off road

Why: devising an off road course for the Uni cross country team that they can go and run and post a time at any time, subject to them agreeing the course on Thursday. 

Lyrics: no 

Enjoyed this article: 
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/oct/19/physiotherapists-on-the-functional-exercises-everyone-should-do-from-home-and-they-do-themselves

Let's hope that there is no reaction knee-wise, LMH!

Enjoy the track, Wabo!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • A lot more rain today: Elspeth was just as wet running as I was swimming. Water apparently knee deep on usual Scapa Loop track (and that has appeared overnight)
    Probably not running today as pain after yesterday evening's run.
    Lyrics no
  • I was out hiking :)

How is the knee, LMH?

Did you have another scan, OH?

Wabo: Well done on the yoga. I should resume mine 😊

Hope they like the course, ale.

Only 12 k today but there was a steep little mountain in the middle. The track to the summit was quite narrow and full of tree roots, loose gravel and bits of rock hidden by leaves. It was fun though.
  • Sorry to be late been a busy few days.
    But been running past 5 days and building up nicely.

What 6 miles
    Why because
    Last hard tiredness
    Lyrics  nope

Very quiet in here today spooky!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I do two of those Alehouse. Don't really have an appropriate step - or functioning knees - to do the step ups and have not heard of the one leg sit to stand before but may incorporate some of those. It's a no run day tomorrow anyway so hopefully if the knee is upset it will settle down again before my next run. I would really like to not be hurting at the start of each run though.

Sorry to hear that yesterday's run caused pain OH.

Ok at the minute chicksta - will know more tomorrow after Lola's walk. Sounds as though you're enjoying your holiday.

Great that you've been able to build up again Poppy.
  • LMH - did your enjoy your mini break after all? Good that you were able to run when away!
    Chick, forgot to mention I liked your pictures from your holiday, hope it's dryer there than here!
    Ale - sounds fun devising a X country course, though here they are all round farm fields which is a bit boring!
    Lost my confidence running with others as seem to be making a bit heavy weather of it at the minute, shame as was looking forward to seeing my vet friend as we can't meet indoors and outdoors is v wet, though did have a short walk with her and her old dog on Sun. And she told me off for not running with her!
    Today my other running friend was ill so not able to come out and the rain horrendous, all the roads awash but finally managed the great feat of 10 miles!! Head down and get on with it! Worst bit was thelast bit on trail which was freezing cold water up to mid shin for quite a stretch, it had just got a few puddles on it last night!
    Lyrics - nope
    I read that article too Ale and tried a few 1 kegged sit to stand, should make a habit of it. Still doing yoga roughly every other day when I remember but missing classes.
    Have a good evening, online learning for me at 7 then bake off! The excitement! Though the learning is to make up for the annual remote and rural conference being cancelled (it isn't the same but hey) but we have David Nott for anyone who read his book War Doctor about volunteering in Aleppo - we wouldn't usually attract that sort of speaker!

• Had CT abdo/pelvis yesterday, Chicksta.
    Officially 14 days before any report but will hear if GP has heard anything on Monday ...
    Meanwhile baby Creepies ...