Thursday 22nd October 2020 - You just can't believe me

Morning.

Lyrics - You just can't believe me

When I show you what you mean to me

So sorry to hear that Wabo. Sucks big time. I hope that there wasn't too much damage/taken and that you can feel safe in your home again soon. (((Wabo))).

I'm guessing that chamolk is snowed under with work :-(

Alehouse - I'm afraid the topicality of my lyrics is somewhat limited these days.

Had a confusing email conversation with my physio yesterday afternoon and now don't know what to do for the best. I could probably email more and try to clarify but I don't have the resilience at the minute so I think I shall just play it by ear/do my own thing for a few days and see how I get on.

What:           will see how my knee feels after Lola's morning walk
Why:            it's still a long way from right
Last hard:    rehabbing my knee
Last rest:     21/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning
    LMH I reckon that sounds best, you know your body best.
    Alehouse, it was a tough session I am loving them though.
    Thanks you guys for hugs etc
    Re burglary, I just keep laying awake and picturing more jewellery of mine and my aunts. I just can't decide what to do about making a claim.  I really do not want to have to buy a lot of jewellery again it just isn't replaceable :-(

What: be about 6 today plus a chunk of walking
    why: no car - mot and see what's going on with it
    last hard: tuesday
    last rest: 31/12/16

My usual positive self is in a battle at the moment....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Stay positive Wabo. In fact stay positive everyone!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Keep on runnin'", The Spencer Davis Group; sadly he passed away earlier this week. Definitely a runner's anthem!

Lyrics: no

What: will probably some sort of fartlek

Why: showing students a new course, and looking at other options. Hope it stays dry. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wabo - make the claim, you don't have to spend the pay out on jewellry.

Dry but breezy here Alehouse - hope you get it at last as good.

I checked in with emzap - Lucas has been poorly again so she's sleep deprived and just about managing to work and run but hopes to pop in soon.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ah thanks for that LMH, I will do then.  The new doors and glass etc will cost a bomb so that is good.
    Hugs to emzap then! That is hard I know
    Alehouse I will bounce back. 
    Just back from about 6 miles part with a mate and two parts alone. Sports massage at 1.30 oh boy....
  • Morning (on a light note is it not lunch yet? - I'm hungry..)

Wabo - that is awful - sorry to hear that.  Losing jewellery is likely not just the material value but you might well have some other personal attachment to it.

RFJ I have a lot of respect for you as to how you finished off your running - thanks for the lovely pics.  I was thinking (dangerous that), if it doesn't make you upset about dwelling over what you can't do anymore that you could tell us about your favourite running memories over time?  Maybe old news to others on here - I haven't been on here long.   

Doesn't sound so nice for running the next days OH and Els.

Good luck on knee / hip today LMH.  Thanks for the news from emzap.

Enjoy the fartleking Ale - shame about your ex-colleague's business.    There will be so many people affected by the end of this (whenever that will be...).

Glad you will be able to get out for exercice WP. 

Hi Arlene if you should drop back in

What: haven't looked yet - likely a short MLR
    Why: midweek miles
    Last hard: 6 x 1k yesterday evening - legs went to jelly on rep 1 already and breathing hard for some reason but perservered with it this time.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no

• Afternoon! 

Course planning went well and I could even keep up with the students! Perhaps they were being kind! Just under 7k at various paces. 

Well done on the session yesterday Hazel and today's run Wabo! LEJOG?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hazel - I should be able to do that :-)

Wabo - it is worth claiming, when we got done 3 years ago and Kathy had a lot of her jewellery taken as well as some hierlooms too, whilst it cannot be replaced we able to buy new ones, and we made it it to a day trip so able to get some positives and closure to the ordeal.

Take care all
  • Alehouse - glad you enjoyed your run with the students.

RFJ - that's a good idea for replacing the stolen items.

Enjoy the MLR Hazel. I decided that my knee/hip would rather have another day off and by the time I was on my way home from my second walk I was more convinced that I'd made the right decision.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lejog has 22 miles to go!!
  • Champagne on ice, Wabo? How are you aiming to finish those last miles? 
  • Hazel - sadly not lunch here yet, though it may be in Switz! Btw impressive race photo!
    Wabo - that's pretty grim, hope you get damage repaired quickly and definitely put a claim in. 
    LMH - what's the confusion about, hope all resolves.
    Actually much nicer day here today, sunny with a bit of a breeze and just had a nice run, though kinda slow nice to get some sunshine after the last few v gray days.

• OK dunno why that just posted up, sent at noon ish!
    Well done wabo (although guess you must be about Wick which isn't the nicest place -Jog at the weekend?

• Nearly there Wabo!

Basically whether rest or loading is best for my knee Els.
  • Guess there are pros and cons and infinite variations with both approaches, not easy!
    Outdoor cafe lunch, slightly brrr and walk on a mile long beach in South Ron this afternoon. Making the most of the sun/no indoor tables left!
  • (((wabo)))  I think what RFJ said makes a lot of sense. Closure is important in those circumstances. It will take quite a bit of time though. The psyche needs a bit to come to terms with such an invasion into one's privacy. My parents were burgled many years ago and mum doesn't really care about jewelry so she didn't have much but the bastards took the necklace she got from dad for their engagement and that's irreplaceable. I went to a goldsmith to have a copy made but of course it's not the same. Great going on LeJog.
    And get that claim in. You pay good money for home insurance so they'd better cough up.

RFJ: Lovely family pics and the one with the halo is priceless 👍 hope you enjoy the spinning bike. And I like Hazel's idea. You were always a bit of a role model for me as I hoped to get near your times. Never happened though :)

LMH: thanks for checking in with emzap. Sorry you are in limbo with your physio. Listen to your body is the best you can do for now.

Hazel: Kudos. That's a tough session.

Another decent day of walking. About 17 degrees, so still quite mild. Tomorrow will be our last day but all good things must come to an end.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Sorry am here.  As LMH said Lucas has been poorly again and we have had no sleep this week.  Apparently this happens when they start nursery, and with him having about 4 months of seeing no one at all, I think it's even worse than normal.  Apparently it'll get better in a month or two...in the meantime we are plodding through a fog!

In the meantime, ran at club on Monday, 300m hill efforts x 4.  Great session but felt it the next day.  Wednesday went for an easy 5km which was anything but!

Wabo so sorry to hear that.  I got my mum's engagement ring stolen when we moved and it's such a horrible feeling so I really empathise.

RFJ what a great idea!  Would love to hear some stories :)

Will try and pop in more often, but if I disappear again, put it down to sleep deprivation!

• Good to see you Emz! And glad that you are managing to get some running in! I think Lucas is working hard on building up a decent immune system!

And have a good last day, Chick!