Friday 23rd October 2020 - Lord God Almighty let me tell the news

Morning.

Lyrics - Lord God Almighty let me tell the news

my head got wet in midnight dew

Enjoy the last day of your holiday chicksta.

Sounds like a nice day Els.

I hope things improve soon emzap.

What:             a run
Why:              I'm asking myself the same
Last hard:      rehabbing my knee
Last rest:       22/10

Yesterday's lyrics - Confusion - New Order.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Rfj thanks so much for the advice and comments yesterday it really helps! The hard thing for me was knowing what to do. Everyone is saying about a claim. I will get in contact about that today.  
    I went through all my aunt's invoices last night for her gems TV addictive purchases! Now I need to try and get some value to the older stuff. I'm really quite shocked how much the vintage silver charm bracelet of mine sell for. 
    Thanks everyone for lovely comments etc
    Emzap, my daughter's two girls 4 and 9 address going through the same as Lucas! Second cold since going back to school .
    I will have lejog down to 7 miles to go Monday so maybe I'll try and do that on that day, one mate who's already finished is running with me.  Maybe bubbles Monday lunch time
    Lmh I hope your run is ok
    QoP had fun with my legs yesterday, didn't hurt too much but they're a bit sore today 

What just 5k maybe a couple of miles walk
    Why race tomorrow morning
    Last hard elbows and thumbs yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

It really helps hearing other people's experiences re burglary, not that I want anyone else to experience this but it just helps if that makes sense
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    On another note my oh is really finding it hard, he keeps telling people I'm amazing
    To be here alone all day. He's coming home tonight with more smart plugs and knows what else! New fence going up tomorrow. 
    New doors new glass, he's on a mission. But inside he's struggling with it - feels bad leaving me in the morning. As I've said I'm fine here alone (not at night please) it's the coming home and walking in to the house that is hard. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

Glad you are sounding better today Wabo.  Looking forward to Monday...

Head would get wet from more than midnight dew here at the moment LMH - raining since yesterday afternoon.  Good luck with your run.

Have a nice final day Chicksta.

Well done for getting some running done at all, let alone a club session emzap if you are on so little sleep.

What: 4 mile recovery
    Why: enough mileage this week so far, convenient timing given the weather.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: easy run plus stretches

Why: going to have a couple of easy days. Niggle avoidance.

Hope your run goes well, LMH.

Race, Wabo?

Rain due soon here as well Hazel. Hope you find a dry window for your run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wabo - you need a dog! I think I'd be the same, happy home alone during the day but a feeling of dread as I approached the house when I'd been out in case I came home to the same thing. At their old house my in laws had alarms on the windows that went off if the glass was broken - might they help? You just stick them on the window. It's probably worth contacting your local crime prevention team as well, they should have some ideas. I understand your OH wanting to 'do' but he needs to acknowledge how it's made him feel too. Sounds like a good plan for finishing Le Jog.

Hazel - it was wetter than expected for Lola's walk this morning. Drizzly now with heavy rain forecast later this morning so I'm planning to head out for my run as soon as I can talk myself in to it. It's horrible - I'm dreading going for a run at the minute because the first half mile is so painful and I'm never sure if that's going to settle or how bad things are going to feel the next day :-(

Sounds sensible Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Sorry to hear of the burglary Wabo.
    As you say, it's often more the psychological violation rather than the physical loss.
    Not sure if I'll run today but plan to swim this morning although not as nice a day as yesterday.
    Lyrics no

• Getting smaller ...
  • Yesterday's sunset swim

• A doll's house creepie?  Hmm - can I order a cat sized one? - they keep getting on our keyboards and start programming code or changing data on the database..  Boredom due to wet weather probably. Nice swimming pics - water looks peaceful. 

No dry run for me - need to work longer this afternoon after waiting for input from a colleague so ran just before midday.  Went for boil-in-the-bag on the upper half and shorts on the lower.  Bit warm for a jacket at nearly 11 degrees but as it was a recovery run didn't sweat too much and better than dragging round a T-shirt full of rainwater.
  • Afternoon!

Managed to stay dry...just! Was about to run, got out the door and it started to pour; sheltered in the porch and I could see lighter skies in the distance, so waited. Short and easy off-road run and then the sun came out so stright into the garden, planting bulbs especially. 

Rather you than me with the swim, OH! And no Griffin tonight, or indeed for the foreseeable. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I ♥️ the teeny weeny creepie, OH. And great swimming pics 👍

Good to see you, em. Hope Lucas settles into his new routine.

Sounds like a clever gear combo, Hazel.

I wonder how pubs are going to survive, ale.

LMH: that's not good news :( we should be looking forward to our runs, not dreading them. And suffering with constant pain is just awful 😥

Wabo: totally understand the fears about being alone in the house after what happened. Makes one even more angry with those bastards 😡 I believe in karma and I'm sure they will reap their just rewards one day (aka rot in hell)

Lovely weather again and about 10 miles walked. So not looking forward to a day trapped in our car tomorrow but needs must.