Saturday 24th October 2020 - I recommend getting your heart trampled on to anyone

Morning.

Lyrics - I recommend getting your heart trampled on to anyone

Hope you have a safe and not too uncomfortable journey home chicksta.

Race well Wabo.

Wet and warm is difficult weather to dress for Hazel especially when running.

Hope chamolk is ok and has time to pop in soon.

Not unexpectedly my knee is not happy this morning. Hoping it will be at worst uncomfortable walking Lola and will settle for tomorrow but who knows.

Yesterday's lyrics - Run On - Moby.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Me and oh are so snappy since burglary! Got to stop.  He's off to get new fencing this morning it will be like fort knocks here! 

What race at 10.15, covid secure
    Why cos we're allowed
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good Saturday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh hope that knee isn't too bad after your walk, are you doing a marathon tomorrow?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh great photos! What is the creepie thing am I being dopey?? 
    Community police man came round yesterday, lovely guy. He gave me a smart water set to mark all our valuables (what's left). I've contacted the insurers so that's getting in place. Just feel so angry we're having to do all this. Hey ho. We've seen a CCTV from a neighbour that showed the little sh*t exciting from the back with my ohs lap top case in his hand. Going to all y other neighbours if they have anything. 
    Chick have a safe journey back. 
    Who else is running today? 
    Putting on my Eton manor vest 🤗
  • Morning!

Race well, Wabo!

What: easy run plus stretches

Why: having an easy few days

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Gales this morning and was a bit more sore last night after what was approaching a more normal group run last svening.
    I'll see what afternoon brings ...
    Lyrics no

Scottish 5 level approach (0-4) will likely bring a little regulatory relaxation for us even if we end up in middle level (2) but 7 new cases in Orkney this week.

Wabo: Creepie is the name given to a traditional Orkney stool (originally for milking)
    I slept with an ice axe by my bed after our (Hulme) flat got burgled in 80s (advice from police at that time  was that provided you don't actually kill the burglar you'll be alright)
  • Wabo - I'm not, what on earth gave you that idea? Hope your race went well. You and your OH are both likely to be in a heightened state of anxiety and probably both trying to protect the other. If you can sit down over a meal or a glass of something and talk about how you feel it might help. I hope the CCTV helps to catch and convict the little scroat. Knee is not happy but will walk with discomfort rather than pain.

Sorry the run made things feel worse OH. I hope the scan gives some answers and a solution. Seven new cases in a week sounds a lot for Orkney :-(

I need to do my rehab exercises Alehouse - haven't yet today. Losing the motivation :-(
  • Afternoon!

Get those exercises done, LMH! (I'm not very motivated today either!)

Thanks for clearing up about creepies, OH! And I could easily have bumped into you in Hulme in the 80s! I used to work in the area and also two or three times a week I would pick up sprinters from there and Moss Side to take them to training at the club. I always felt safe...without an ice axe! Not sure that I would have wanted a flat there! Were you in one of the notorious (and architecturally award-winning) crescents? 

For the second day in a row I managed to stay dry on my run: pouring until just before I set off and heavy drizzle when I returned. And still it comes down, preventing any gardening. Pickling red cabbage instead!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Just catching up Wabo  I am so sorry what an awful experience.Big hugs xxx

What 7 miles
    Why because I could.
    Last hard  rain
    Lyrics nope

Highest mileage since june😊
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

12km ran this morning then a walk into town. Stretched too. Lots of hills.

Lucas slept through last night, maybe we've turned a corner...

7 cases sounds a lot oh

Lmh knee still bad?

Wabo hope they catch them with CCTV

• I hope it’s the start of an easier time for you all emzap. Yes, knee still bad 🙁

Stay well now Poppy!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    All sounds good, Emz! You would probably have drowned here: non-stop rain since my run this morning! Keep it up Lucas!

How was the race, Wabo?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh no idea, I think because you said hope it's ok tomorrow I thought you might have a race, lol
    Alehouse the race was great! I loved it. 49.48 for 5.2 miles felt so good and enjoyed myself!
    Emzap, good running, let's hope the corner is definitely turned! 
    Poppy thanks, great miles!
    Oh glad I asked what creepies were! They are lovely btw. I did laugh about your ice axe  better not tell my oh 🤣
    Security light out the back, blinking bright! 
    Going to do that course again in the morning with a couple of others 
  • Well done Wabo! Was it a race or a virtual? XC?
  • Evening.

Great racing Wabo.  Maybe take it easy tomorrow to repeat the route?  Hope the cctv footage does help to catch the thief.  

Hope you got home well Chicksta and are not stuck in a jam somewhere.  Are there still bits of the German motorways you can drive fast on?  Quite a lot of the south-west of Germany is now restricted as certain Swiss groups decided to it as a race track (120km/h limit here).

Two sadly seldom used ice axes in the cellar, OH but I think they will stay there.  

Done your exercices in the meantime LMH?  

Good timing for your run Ale - hmm - pickled red cabbage!

Sounds more positive emzap - good running.

Well done on the mileage WP.

Clocks go back in the UK as well tomorrow?

What: 12k - 8 and a bit a bit too fast then 6 x molehills and 8 x strides.  Got me puffing a bit.
    Why: short and sharp
    Last hard: mustering enthusiasm for more flat planning (at the what goes where stage)
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no