Sunday 25th October 2020 - I've been having a hard time adjusting

Morning.

Lyrics - I've been having a hard time adjusting

Nice racing Wabo. I just meant so that I could run again today LOL. I love the way you jumped straight to marathon for me - no thinking I might be racing a 10k or anything :-:smile:

Hazel - moving is stressful. Hope the running helps. Yes, I did my exercises and yes, clock change overnight last night.

What:           hopefully a few miles easy
Why:            rehab
Last hard:    getting out of the door and through the painful bit
Last rest:     24/10

You Learn - Alanis Morissette.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Morning
    Not much chance of an extra hour in bed today, kitty is still on summer time.. Out for a run soon anyway, hopefully prior to the masses.
    Good discipline on the exercices LMH.
    What: progressive MLR
    Why: not done one for a while
    Last rest 30.03.
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh I know that's funny I thought that! 
    Oh the ice axes 🤣
    Hazel hope the move goes well, don't forget the ice axes 🤣
    Alehouse it was an actual covid secure race. So good the way they do it. It's my third race during covid now. It's fun. Next race is at the Olympic park 7/11. 10k

What easy plod round the course today
    Why I told the person arranging it I'm 11mm pace for today
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel the clock tripped me up, I was waiting for a 7.30 alarm then looked at my phone it was 6.30! Wide awake now. Enjoy your run
    Lmh enjoy your run too 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope all your runs go to plan!

What: run/stretches

Why: running to feel/niggle avoidance

And hopefully avoiding the rain.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    7 miles to jog
  • Tomorrow, Wabo?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yay! Nearly there Wabo. Get those bubbles on ice.

My knee was more comfortable walking Lola this morning and settled quite quickly on my run. No groin or hip pain/discomfort during my run either and so far I'm still walking ok. Please, please, please may it finally be being beaten into submission.
  • Afternoon!

Won't comment on the knee, LMH! And don't forget the exercises.

Run was rather a wet and muddy slog...although the wet was underfoot rather than overhead. Did the best part of four hours gardening first so I guess that is the reason for the tired legs. 
  • I think that would probably explain it Alehouse. Do you have a current Sportsshoes code?
  • Unfortunately no code at present, LMH. Always get them from Great Run Local who I have not heard from since March!
  • That's strange Alehouse - CV19 related I assume.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

well done Wabo

Will start thinking about some old race reports and memories to put up.

A gook 5k Virtual Parkrun yesterday walking with the poles (50:36) and then 10.8m on the exercise bike this morning. quite enjoying the new challenges.

Take care all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - gutted to hear about the break in. As others have said put the claims in anyhow.
    At least the completion of LeJog is a welcome distraction
    LMH - lets's hope that you have turned a corner with the knee.
    RFJ - great family pics for the "last" run.
    Ale - niggle avoided?
    OH - brave man in that water, but given the running conditions the past 4 days, I'm pretty sure I'd have been drier if I were in with you!
    Emz - fingers crossed Lucas is over the sleeping problem (I have kids, I know the answer...)
    Hazel - looks like some decent training going on
    Chick - still on holiday?

What - 9 miles over the fields doing a recce for a possible club (trail) 5k
    Why - something to do
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday: 10 miles on the fields in brutal sideways rain. Like a swamp in places
    Stunning week in Cumbria over. Didn't get up Skiddaw after all, but given the peaks were in cloud all week I kept to the lower slopes. Aiming to get back up there in the new year.
    Did have a wander around Buttermere in the week and even in Biblical rain conditions it was stunning. 
    I think OH / Els may know the route from the Buttermere 10 race.

A few pictures

Fleetwith Pike (above Buttermere)

Northern Lakes towards sunset on Friday

Derwent Water, Keswick (Friday) - the 3 minutes it wasn't raining!

• Swim this morning.
    Walk along west coast this afternoon.
    Sunny and mostly dry.
    Lyrics no

Know the Buttermere 10 route well, Dustin, once on the official race, also in torrential rain. Have walked and run the route several times since. Missing Keswick this year (was planned for March) - usually end up with at least one holiday there most years.
    Nice photos too

• Nothing like an early morning shag or two

• Hm, can't see any pics, Dustin. Sounds like you had a lovely time.

OH: Love the ice pick story. Very Basic Instinct ;) times were a lot easier then. You could defend yourself and your home without having to fear repercussions. Today the perpetrators are protected and bloody well know their rights. Strange world.

Great racing, wabo. Nothing better to take your mind off things than a hard run.

Oooh, LMH 👏 that would be such good news. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Love the way you embrace the new challenges, RFJ. Well done.

Hazel: got home OK, thanks. Yep, large parts of the autobahn are still unrestricted. I do like to go fast, but traffic is so dense these days that it's too dangerous most of the time. I love speed but driving has to be safe.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We took the long way back, checking on the in-laws grave (cleaning up and planting some hardy flowers)

Re. clock change: I'm not turning my clock back. The last thing I need is another hour of 2020 😆
  • AH: yes 112 John Nash Crescent during my student days.
    Did generally feel safe there except after the burglary despite 40x national murder rate. Also "felt safe" inappropriately in West Belfast due to similar architecture in parts (Divis flats). Safety feeling certainly not warranted with short hair (no beard) and an English accent in 1981 when the "the troubles" were still a part of daily life there.