Wednesday 28th October 2020 Take the ribbon from your hair

Morning!

Lyrics: Take the ribbon from your hair
Shake it loose and let it fall

What: very unsure

Why: biopsy of the hip yesterday. Won't go into the gory details! Did think of you Emz due to the number of needles involved!

Another great track session, Wabo. 

Shall wave at the 5th floor, Dustin. May be a while as haven't been since the beginning of term due to the virus.

Now to try to get back to sleep. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Redemption Song - Bob Marley And The Wailers.

You kept that quiet Alehouse - hope it's nothing bad and you managed to get some more sleep.

I'm surprised you're going to have to go back in to the office too Wabo especially with the numbers as they are and increasing restrictions. A little bit of furlough would have been nice though I guess for many it's meant uncertainty about their future. No sign of any return to the office for either of us.

Hope the IT is fixed and you have an answer and way forward OH.

No run today - typical as the rain isn't meant to arrive until after walk time.

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ouch ale. Hope everything is ok. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Another tough night. I think I've found 4 teeth coming through so this may explain the screaming tyrant our child has become!! To be fair, he's mostly great, then descends into inconsolable wailing which I imagine is from the pain! 

What: a run
    Why: fits in with dropping the monster at nursery
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: nope

Hope the results come today oh
    No return to the office for us either. Though I always wfh so no change for me except I now have an office mate!

Have a lovely day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lmh I have to go back to file stuff away get stuff signed off and collect stationery etc etc. I can't store it all at home so it's difficult. If things close down more then I just won't go in. But you're right though, it's a bit of a worry. 
    Alehouse the hip thing 🥺 hope you're ok
    Emzap poor Lucas, I think Elodie will cut loads at once! She's one next month and only 2 showing I think. 
    Lyrics yes
    What 5k recovery
    Why loosen legs
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16 
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - yikes, hope that the biopsy results are favourable
    Emz - hope tonight is better...
    what - easy recovery, coaching village group tonight
    why - legs heavy after last night. Good session though.
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
  • Poor Lucas and poor you emzap. It's so difficult when you can't make it better for them.

Hopefully you won't have to stay in the office too long each time then Wabo?

Glad you had a good session Dustin.

Knee not happy walking this morning but not awful. I'm hopeful of being able to run tomorrow though if the weather is as forecast I'm not so sure I'm going to want to!
  • Afternoon!

I did manage some more sleep and was surprisingly comfortable. Was wide awake bright and early though as I had spent 10 hours doing nothing at the hospital yesterday! And thanks for the thoughts re the biopsy; results will take two to three weeks, apparently. 

And no doubt I will be told off, but I ran one of my slowest ever kilometres; the consultant did say keep moving rather than sit around. Doubt that he meant an ever so gentle run though! 

Quite a pleasant day, in spite of the forecast, and the garden beckons; unfortunately I won't be going out there. Enough risks for one day. A little baking perhaps. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad you feel ok Alehouse. Spiced loaf and the soda bread from the new Kate Humble program baked here today.
  • Ale: Sorry to hear about the biopsy. Did you bake something?

LMH: soda bread sounds nice.

Em: Poor Lucas. It's such an awful time to get through. Thanks for asking about my back. The injection has worked wonders. And I have a brand new standing desk at work which is brill. Timing is questionable what with us most likely going into lockdown next week.

Still hoping my foot op isn't cancelled... At least it's a private orthopaedic clinic and not a general hospital where beds may be needed.

Wabo: Lovely picture yesterday. You look happy and radiant. Good point about stationery. I'm going to take some stuff with me to be prepared.

OH: Fingers crossed for the scan results.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. The return to work coupled with the early dark evenings knocked me for six and I went to bed at 8pm 😆

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Evening! 

Looking like tough new regulations for the next month for you, Chick! I have a feeling that we should be doing the same. Some hospitals in Greater Manchester are no longer taking elective or non urgent patients as hospitals are getting close to April's figures.

No baking in the end : need more milk and wasn't going to make an unnecessary visit to the shops. Milk will be on the doorstep tomorrow!

And your baking sounds tasty LMH! I feel fine apart from some local tenderness, which is hardly surprising and should go by the weekend.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lucas got his first pair of shoes today so I'm expecting him to be running a marathon soon :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I've told you before, Emz, golf or tennis! No money in marathons. And too much like hard work.