Thursday 29th October 2020 - Woke up cold one Tuesday

Morning.

Lyrics - Woke up cold one Tuesday

I'm looking tired and feeling quite sick

That's a milestone emzap.

chicksta - I hope your op doesn't get cancelled.

Alehouse - it has a feeling of inevitability doesn't it? Personally I just wish they'd get on with it. These wishy-washy confusing restrictions don't seem to be helping anyone. Take it easy with that hip eh?

I was hoping that today would be a run day but my knee hasn't quite settled back to where it was before Tuesday's run and we are forecast rain all day so I may leave it until tomorrow though my usual run slot isn't available. I'll make a decision after walking Lola.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Was just going to post some lyrics that I know!

Yesterday's were "Help me make it through the night". Originally Kriss Kristofferson, but covered by many, with Gladys Knight probably the most well known.

What: hopefully a very gentle and short run

Why: need to be very gentle for a few days

Hope Lola and her walk ease your knee, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics no
    Lmh hope the knee does ease up
    Alehouse gently does it

What 3+ off road with Sacha
    Why why not
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Enjoy the run with Sacha Wabo.

Unfortunately not Alehouse. It was worse than Tuesday morning and my hip was achy too so it's a definite non run day. Careful with your hip.
  • Morning again! And a foul windy and wet one!

Sorry it is a non-run day, LMH.

What: short run

Why: being careful. Felt more comfortable than yesterday. 

Baking shortly. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good news Alehouse. What are you baking? I made a nice dairy and gluten free spiced loaf yesterday - looking forward to a piece of that later this afternoon, seems right for the weather/time of year. Contemplating parkin as my next bake.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Just taken a banana, date and blueberry cake out of the oven. Smells good!

Forecast now says it will rain most of the time until late on Sunday, with localised flooding. Glad I am not running much! 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    oohh baking....ears prick up...
    what - coaching of some description plus some kind of running
    why - easier day
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday, although yesterday legs very heavy.

• Ale...take it easy! That cake sounds pretty good though!
    Not baked today but cardamon buns yesterday!
    Fun and muddy run with friend and her two dogs this morning on the cliff path. They kept getting tangled up and progress was not fast but enjoyable. Lots of seals on the rocks and in the water.
    Seems we are to be level one but no household visitors until after next review so no real change for us and no travel to level 3 or above areas. 9 new cases in last 10 days a lot for a small place.
    Lots and lots of apples harvested from our tree!
  • Em: How exciting about Lucas' shoes. You must keep them. Little baby shoes are cutest thing.

Love the cake talk ♥️

Please flag the spammer on our July thread 😈 - 2 more needed.

Sounds like an enjoyable run, Els. Crazy times for all of us with those new restrictions.

Same weather here, ale. Glad I'm not running at all 🤣

Sorry your hip is bad, LMH.

Right, so we've been confined to wfh again. Which is fine by me as I won't be able to drive in the next couple of weeks anyway.

• Evening

Late post and didn't yesterday either.

Hope you are ok Ale, take it easy. Doesn't sound like you are missing much weatherwise. Cake - hmm, nice mix

Seems your op isn't in much danger then chicksta. How long are you likely to be in hospital again?

Enjoy the apples Els.  Nice am run.

Love baby shoes as well emzap, makes me smile when I look at my size 8 ones! Hope the teething is easing a bit?

Sorry you didn't get to run today LMH.

What Wabo, you haven't turned around and are on your way back to LE?

Whag sort of running and coaching did it turn out to be Dustin?

One more flag needed on that spammer..

Still able to run mask free here, just need to avoid busy built up areas. Not too many of those here fortunately. Not sure our new measures will help so expecting more anytime. 

What: 11.x miles / 18k around the fields in the dark
    Why: didn't get out in daylight - good people avoiding tactic but not so great for the mood
    Last hard: what next..
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • Evening!

Good to see you, Hazel! I'm fine and taking it easy! And that is a decent run in the dark! Head torch?