Saturday 31st October 2020 If there's something strange

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: If there's something strange
In your neighbourhood

What: short and easy run

Why: recovery

Consultant phoned to check on progress, to my surprise.  He wasn't surprised to hear of tiredness post procedure. Results will be a while though.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Gotta get A Hold Of Myself by The Zombies.

It's going to have taken a bit out of you Alehouse.

Glad the day at work went ok OH. Still no results?

chamolk asked me to let you know that he's ok but having difficulty accessing the site again.

No run day for me but I knew it would be. Knee is worse than I'd expect/hope after yesterday's short run though :-(

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Take care AH

50 mph winds and heavy rain.
    Might be an inside sort of day.
    Last hard: my short jog last night although almost full moon was good.
    Lyrics nope

Scan showed small residual stone - awaiting urological opinion.

Scottish weather solves Nicola's Halloween concerns.
  • They're persistent little beggars OH. Hope they can deal with it soon.
  • Morning again!

What: short run, feeling more comfortable than the last few days. 

Why: wanted to get soaked and blown about. Probably an inside sort of day from now, unless there is a short break so that I can do one or two things in the garden. 

October's figures were 31 days run, 183 km covered. Down on the last few months but no surprise given the reduced running this week.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

• Elspeth just gone running
    "I am just going outside and may be some time ... "
  • Similar to the forecast here, OH! (Actually slightly worse!)
    Hope Els is not too long! Not the sort of day for search parties! 
  • Actually incorrect forecast, it's not really raining though the air is quite moist but definitely 50mph winds, almost quicker to walk into it! 8m done. If I'm feeling brave may go for a newspaper later otherwise definitely an indoor day! 
    Glad you feel less sore Ale.
    LMH - could be worse days for a rest day!
    Trying to keep up my run daily for a month, I know that's nothing for most of you guys!
    Halloween apple pie on the menu, otherwise no halloween goings on! Also bread proving scones baked and granola made and a wee bit of knitting done.
    Don't blow away folks!
  • It's much more than I can manage Els. Glad the weather wasn't as bad as forecast - we have the rain but the wind isn't quite so strong.

We are forecast a drier afternoon Alehouse - hope you get some outside time.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Yes to lyrics and very appropriate choice, ale. Good you're feeling better.

How did the 33 minute tempo run go,Hazel? I used to dread the sessions too and really had to psyche myself up for them. If there was race I'd prefer to do that. But these days one couldn't even resort to the treadmill at the gym. Gyms are shut again here. And when they were open members were restricted to "non vigorous exercise".

Hospital stay is likely to be 2 days again. So in on Tuesday, out on Thursday.

We worked out a strategy with the team that one person is in so that we have someon on the ground for execution copies and writs and stuff like that. I'm obviously grounded for the next 3 weeks. We all received key worker letters too although people are still allowed to go to work. It's just company policy to have as few people in the office as possible.

Halloween Apple Pie sounds great, Els 🎃

Thanks for letting us know chamolk is ok,LMH. Bugger about the knee though :(

Went for a pre-lockdown beers with my workmates yesterday - on our building's roof terrace in the drizzle. Still fun though.
  • Was wet earlier but dried up for my pre-lunch run around Scapa, winds genuinely in excess of 50 mph stopping me in my tracks at times.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    13.5 km run to the bagel bakery this morning. Met oh and Lucas got bagels, donuts and brownies and drove home with them. Quite wet but at least warm.

Then walk this afternoon in very muddy wood.

Feeling a bit bleugh here.

Lucas has a dragon outfit I made him but didn't get to wear it today :(

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Put it on him emzap and take a photo - you can embarrass him with it in years to come 😊

Trying not to sink into a pit of despair and hoping I can run.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH he wore it Thursday but our plans fell through today.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - not surprised you're still feeling a bit jaded, but decent October stats
    Emz- did you set a speed record going to the bakery? 
    OH - sorry to hear about the residual stone issue, but sounds like you had a 'fun' run today
    Chick - sensible stuff from the employers
    LMH - sorry to hear about the knee. The key worker letter is in case we get questioned for travelling, but also I think it's because the company have been advised to issue them. 
    With the announcements due later, I doubt I'll be back in much before Christmas...

What - 4 x 1400s on a hilly grass route with 3x70m hill efforts after each + 2mins rest
    Absolutely chucked it down, hail, strong winds. Loved it!
    Why - hills, in the rain. What's not to like?
    last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - today
    lyric - yes

• Forgot to say: A longer walk and 30 mins of s&c done. About time I got back into my exercise routine.

Not my idea of fun doing hard work in the rain, Dustin :smile:

Perfect Halloween conditions here: warm, dramatic clouds and a full moon 🌒 👻
  • Pics from today's walk

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Dustin, I got lost!  It was terrible, chocolate orange rocky road brownie was further away!

Chick, beautiful leaves
  • Of course if they don't make you go in to the office unnecessarily Dustin you won't need it! Sounds like one of those epic runs.

I'm glad he got to wear it emzap.

You'll have abs of steel by the time you've rehabbed from the second op chicksta - if you haven't already!

I will be able to deal with it all a lot better if I can run consistently, even if it isn't my usual mileage.
  • Evening

Glad you made it out and back ok OH and Els in that weather.   We have colder here, no wind but fog all day - on our side of the hill at least - the village we are moving to was in bright sunshine.   

Good that your scan showed something up OH so that you have a reason behind your pains.  

Els: running daily for a month is tough - and 8 miles today in those conditions on top.  Well done!  Apple pie?  Yumm- but not with custard please.. Good use for any ratty apples you might have - homemade apple puree (grr where are the accents on my keyboard..).  Delicious with an Austrian sweetish stodgy pancake (Kaiserschmarrn).  Can provide a recipe.

Can't see the moon this evening but it was lovely yesterday. 

Good of your consultant to see how you are Ale.  Good full month of running and km too.

Good to hear chamolk is ok LMH.  Less so on your knee status.  ((Hugs)).  Would certainly be something if you can get back to some sort of regular routine.  

LT went very well yesterday, thanks Chicksta.  Agree that you need a bit of fear for a hard session - hands in pocket and whistling away approach doesn't work for me either.  Same in races.  Gyms are closed in my bit of Switzerland but not everywhere.  It is hard to keep up with all the different rules - better to stay where I am though the next Canton starts just a few miles down the road.  Will you try for an S&C streak again post-op?  Nice pics above.

My (German) company is still keen on office presence at the moment - once a week for most people.  Strong recommendation to do home office if possible here.  Obviously not everyone can. 

Good running / walking emzap.  Think we need a snap of that outfit.  I remember you are good at sewing.  

Another tough sounding session Dustin.  Must have been some mud involved too?  Not good regarding the racing prospects.  

October: 242 miles, 1 race (course PB), 31 days of running

What: restart of winter running training - S&C, fun, and a bit of running too.  Hope we will be able to keep it going as a small group outside.  around 3 miles split up in various bits.
    Why: one of my Tuesday runners is doing a coaching licence and needs guineau pigs to practice on.
    Last hard. anything involving any sort of plank.  It is fun lying around looking at leaves falling though.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: standard no.
  • Beautiful colours chick! Here all the leaves are gone in a flash!
    Hazel...glad to have a fellow custard hater! Have had kaiserschmarrn in Austrian huts many moons ago. .would love the recipe!
    Great cake running Emzap....bet Dustin was interested!  Would love to see the outfit too!
  • Kaiserschmarrn - yum