Monday 2nd November 2020 - Oh, there is a place where the wild men go,

Morning.

Lyrics - Oh, there is a place where the wild men go,
             When it's late at night and on the radio

Glad you've been able to adapt and overcome OH.

I hope you can see T soon Els.

Sorry to hear about your fall RFJ. I hope there was no damage done? Please send some positivity my way - struggling this morning.

We had a huge old oak tree chopped down a few years ago chicksta and the difference in the garden is amazing.

Sounds like a lovely run Dustin.

I had a bad night's sleep even by my poor standards and am struggling today. Need to find a better head space and focus on the positives.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Goldfinger, Shirley Bassey. Was played on TV after Sean Connery passed away at the weekend. 

What: something short and easy this afternoon, but perhaps not as short as the last few days

Why: working this morning, recovery. Wet at present so hopefully dry this pm!

Sending positive vibes, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sore through the night - will see if a swim clears it up this morning. Hopefully group loop tonight.
    Wind down again now and sun is shining.
    Lyrics no

Need a point in right direction fot Fetch MOTM voting RFJ
  • The home page has a link I think OH otherwise you should get a 'new notification' at the top of the page when you looks at the forums or blogs. Hope the swim helps.

We had a really heavy (and not forecast) rain shower go through this morning Alehouse - fortunately just as we were putting our coats on to head out for Lola's walk. My knee is not happy walking today.
  • Morning

I've sent you a PM OH so you can vote.  Good luck with the Polar Bear Challenge.  Hope the swim helps with the pain.

Good luck with the weather this afternoon Ale.  Really should have got the lyrics yesterday.  Shame about Sean Connery.  Didn't realize he was 90 already. 

Lol to the trees Chicksta.  Could do with a good frost / bit of wind to get the whole lot down. 

Swift walking RFJ and good news you are getting into training on the bike.  Take care out and about.

Ideal run yesterday by the sounds of it Dustin.

More positive vibes on the way LMH. 

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Good luck with the Polar bear challenge OH
    RFJ - good to see you, and sorry about the fall. Best of luck with the Fetch voting (I'm not on Fetch)
    LMH - positive thoughts coming your way
    Ale - hope you get out

What - Fizz this afternoon then 5 miles
    Why - Pain, recovery
    last rest - 10/10/20
    last hard - Saturdays hills
    Started off fruit tree pruning yesterday. More branches need cutting back than I thought. Full waste bin, halfway through the trimming...
    153 miles in October -not to bad given I was isolating for the first 10 days and did precisely 0 miles!
  • 550m swum, pain easier just now.
  • Exciting re. Fetch, RFJ! I'm not on Fetch, otherwise I'd have voted. Hope the fall wasn't too ouchy.

Jeez, that looks cold, OH!

Sorry you're having a bit of a bleak day, LMH.

The decent mileage off limited running days, Dustin.

Right, time to psyche myself up for the op tomorrow. Wish me luck.

• Evening!

The last op went well, Chick...so this one will go even better! Recover well!

Just another short easy run here. Just being careful. Avoided the worst of the rain. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I’ll be thinking of you chicksta.

OH - you probably just can’t feel it because of the cold!

Feeling a it brighter, thank you. 
  • Scapa loop done. OK but sore.
    Urologist says tiny stone not likely to be cause of pain.
    Maybe a trip to vet called for?
  • Hope op goes smoothly Chick and a swift recovery ...
    Enjoy getting dressed up in your fancy gown and stockings ;)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Thanks all,

42:30 on the exercise bike an easy session.

Good to get 1st win of the season too.. well done FFC

Take care all
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Day off today to celebrate another year.  Visit to national trust and a few walking laps of the lake there. Then walk into town for an outside drink.

Rfj how do I vote?

Chick thinking of you.

Sorry you had a bad night lmh. 

Hoping I don't have to do more floor sleeping. I ache from the other night!

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Fingers crossed emzap