Monday 16th November 2020 - The sun rises slowly

Morning.

Lyrics - The sun rises slowly
             On another day

The mornings are taking a long tine to get going. Don't want to take Lola out until it's light enough to see but can't sleep in so have a lot of time to fill. Bran loaf in the oven.

Knee is not happy this morning - as expected really - just hope it recovers enough for a run tomorrow.

Yesterday's lyrics - Made Up My Mind - David Gray.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Back still a bit twitchy too LMH currently killing time as a cab booked for 8 arrived at 7.40 and as I have to pick up DiL and Giselle for a hospital appt, no point stressing them by being silly early!

What: 7k later
    why: can t go now
    last hard: yesterday 6k
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all, pop back later, might have kept him waiting long enough.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Hmm - sun gets up after I do which is late considering how late I get out of bed.. Won't see much of it today anyway. Bran loaf sounds good.  Good 10 miles less running last week and my cycling is very pedestrian paced.  Lots of stops for navigation and enjoy the view.

Sensible not to push the running too hard Chicksta.  Guess it will take a while to get the foot out of your head.

Waiting taxi sounds expensive Wabo?  Although if you ordered it for a certain time then it is his fault for being early.  Hope the appointment goes ok for all.

What: recovery
    Why: Monday habit
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Sorry to hear that your back still hasn't settled Wabo. Is your car off the road?

It's a nice tasty, solid, long lasting sort of tea bread that is also easy, low fat and can be easily vegan Hazel. No chance of a lunchtime walk at least?
  • Hope Giselle is ok, Wabo.

Recovery Monday sounds good, Hazel.

Fingers crossed running two days in a row doesn't set you back too much, LMH.

5k done. Doc phoned today to offer me a date in early December (Covid permitting) but I declined and we settled for January 5 now. December is the worst month in terms of workload and I can't let my team down. Glad I don't have to stress about this any further and it's confirmed that I can run on New Year's Eve and Day 👍
  • Afternoon!

Well done on the 5k, Chick! Was that run/walk? Sensible about choosing the January date. And you will be reasonably fit going into it I suspect!

Lyrics: no

What: about 35 minutes

Why: about right!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Taxi was booked for 8 so it was his fault. Giselle had to be seen re her hip operation she had done. LMH no my car is working but this was at the Royal London and neither of us fancied driving there plus since the claim all going through this is the kind of thing that can be paid for. 
    Insurance been on, very impressed with how they handled the whole burglary incident.  All settled, I am happy.  Well you know what I mean! 
    Anyway what a day, I walked around Whitechapel for 3 hours+ because I couldn't go in the hospital with Rachelle.  Why we didn't think of that I don't know!! I am so cold now right to the bone, treadmill running today as I do not want to set foot out of the house again today.
    Chick glad you got a date that suits you, glad  you are getting out running too
    alehouse hope you had a good run
    LMH walking around and sitting on a cold concrete bench has not made my back feel better! Nut since I got home (about 1) i sat with a heat pad on it which has helped.
    hazel hope the recovery run was good
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - good planning, well done on the 5k
    Wabo- pleased you got the insurance sorted, one stress  you didn't need.

What - 5 miles road
    Why - recovery. Having set my sights on an easy stroll through the woods none of my trail shoes had dried out so had a dull as Monday run out and run back on the tar.
    Apparently n+1 is how many pairs I actually need....<googles "asics offers">
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday's swamping
  • I think it's always n+1 Dustin. I've seen that for how many bikes you need too. Though also saw n-1, where n was the number that would cause divorce.

Hope you have warmed up by now Wabo and the back has eased.

Well done on 5k Chick

Enjoy the recovery day Hazel

I had initially planned a recovery day, as I've run the last 3 days, but then decided on an easy 3 miles to test out some new shoes, which became 6.4 miles, and ended up being a progressive run with 5 miles starting at 8 min/mile and dropping to 7 min/mile then a cool down. New shoes seemed fine, though I managed to find the only 40 mins of rain we've had all day. Hoping for 40 miles this week, then a cut back week due next week

Lyrics no
  • Sounds as though you’re new shoes are good chamolk! 

Definitely sounds as as though you need another pair Dustin 😊

Good to have the date sorted chicksta.

I did wonder when you said you were going too Wabo - no coffee shops open that you could shelter in either of course. Good news that your insurance claim is all settled.

Are things feeling better Alehouse?
  • Dreich morning but ran with group this evening.
    Lyrics no