Tue 24th Nov 20 - I was working part time in a five-and-dime

Lyrics - I was working part time in a five-and-dime, my boss was Mr. McGee. He told me several times that he didn't like my kind cos I was a bit too leisurely

Yesterday was ELO and Dont bring me down

Good massage yesterday, fairly uncomfortable though, think it's been my first sports massage this year, so was well overdue. They're only open for 4 days though, as we go back in to lockdown at 00:01 Friday.

Good news re chick's foot, Ale's hips and OH's dental repair. Hope it's good news too re LMH's knee. I've lost track a bit Wabo about this house saga I'm afraid, is that good news or not?

I'll see what time I wake up today and decide then if I'll do an easy run or not

Comments

• Morning.

Glad you were able to get your massage chamolk. Didn't realise you were going back into lock down. Hope you sleep well.

Hope it's good news today Alehouse.

Good that your tooth is sorted OH.

Hopefully it will be a little warmer tomorrow Wabo.

Forecast to be warmer here today but windier, nothing too bad though.

What:         a run
    Why:          the triumph of optimism over experience
    Last hard:  remaining optimistic
    Last rest:   23/11

Lyrics - not those which immediately came to mind when I read them but it's a yes from me.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope you get to run Chamolk...and yours isn't too painful, LMH!

What: half an hour easy again, probably

Why:  hoping hips play ball
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chamolk it's good news but temporary as they're renting this place whilst waiting for one to buy  - glad massage was good if ouchy. Hope the run feels the benefits
    Alehouse hope your run is good and hips play ball too!
    Lmh hope you have a good run! Think I thought the same lyrics at first like you, don't know them though
    What 6k this morning before popping into work.
    Why that's the plan
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Mad day workwise yesterday, things look like they are better today though.

Chamolk's summary in the first post seems appropriate, haven't got round to reading back in detail yet.

What: hopefully group outing this evening - maybe a daytime short walk too
    Why: need fresh air and distraction
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest 30.03.

Lyrics: normal no
  • Morning,

Sorry been MIA but finally I am better after 11 days with tum which wiped me out.

What: rest day from running as tired /3 mile walk
    why: Tiredness
    Last hard: Tum
    Lyrics: Hmm I though familiar but not what I was thinking  so a NO

I ran yesterday 5.75 miles so it seems I need a rest day after a run day will aim for that this week then build up.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Looks like I omitted to post yesterday and x-posted with RFJs stunning 10k report from Sunday...
    WP - glad you're back with the living
    chamolk - I can imagine what that irst rub down in a while felt like!
    OH - good that the dentistry worked out

What - supposed to be pyramids, but been tied to work all day so far, so doing an hour later (in the dark) and see what happens. Was a tough week last week, so not feeling too stressed on a tough session until later in the week
    Why - As above
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Sunday
    Yesterday was 4 miles - 2 out, 2 back on road to check the legs still function
    Lyric - I feel as though I should...
  • Right - fed up of chaotic emails and staring at data so reading back a bit.

RFJ: loved the new report - that was some chunk off of your 10k PB and way below 40 mins.  Glad to hear everything is going well workwise and well done on the walking PB.

Good news on the XC Dustin - hope it goes ahead.  Legs might like a break from the hills then.

Will probably do another P&L chicksta - means I do some structured speedwork.  I was also thinking of doing P&D but without the long runs above 16 miles. 

Ouch to the dental work OH. 

Glad your son and DIL are sorted with accomodation for a few months at least Wabo.

Thanks for the pics yesterday Chicksta.   

Warmer sounds nice LMH, not sure about the wind though.

Sorry to hear you have been ill WP. 

How were the hips today Ale?
  • Afternoon!

Hips were not too bad, Hazel! 

What: just over 30 minutes, largely off road

Why: erring on the side of caution, still.

A very grey day which felt damp and cold without being either!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry I've been AWOL. Bit crazy here at the mo!

Ran 20km accidentally on sat. Meant to be 16 and oh and Lucas meant to pick me up, but Lucas didn't wake up so had to run home

5.7 km last night.

Women's health physio again yesterday. I'm not allowed to run over 10km for the time being due to ongoing issues. Left over from my accident and exacerbated during pregnancy. Left side of body isn't working very well again. Boo

Sorry for being absent. Lots of clothes making going on due to Christmas markets and now I'm going to stocked in a local shop as a trial. Plus a day job, plus a 1 year old, plus running!!!

Hope all's ok over here. Will try pop in more if I can.
  • Busy day - will read back tomorrow :)

30 mins run, no walking today 😊
  • Evening!

Well done, Chick!

And far too busy, Emz! Take care!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    good running Chick
    Emz - busy busy busy
    training update - headed out at 5pm and did an hour fartlek on the village/business park 3k loop. Picked a few longer stretches to get some tempo running in, shorter bits for striding out and ran the small inclines hard. The rest was easy running. Just over 7 1/2 miles. 
  • Swim and a run. Then more physio.
    4 miles took me over 100miles /month for the first time since August.
    one more day of relative freedom before self isolation prior to Elspeth’s procedure.
    lyrics no.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I just had to read back rfj race report. So good! The kind of reports when you feel you're there. Great re the walking rfj!
    Hope all goes ok for els
    Emzap busy indeed, do you make clothes? Cool. Take care and don't do more than 10k
    Dustin nice running!
    Alehouse sounds like you did it just right!
    Poppy sorry to hear you've been poorly
    I must sleep now!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can