Wednesday 25th November 2020 The summer sun is fading as the year grows old

Morning!

Lyrics: The summer sun is fading as the year grows old
And darker days are drawing near

What: probably another half hour

Why: being careful

And must stretch
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• You beat me to it this morning Ale - just back in from doing a few house visits. Some frost and ice about again this morning on higher areas.

Yesterday's lyrics were Raspberry Beret by Prince. What other song came to mind? Was it Bryan Adams? 

Glad you're feeling better poppy.

Sounds busy Emz, hope it's all OK. 

Slept OK yesterday, but then it was dark and miserable, and I still felt a bit tender in places from the massage so I just had another rest day - it's my easy week so I was quite happy with 2 rest days in a row. Something easy today planned though 

• Morning.

You do have a lot going on emzap! Sorry to hear that you are still having issues but 10k when you can will keep you ticking over. Is Lucas sleeping more?

Excellent chicksta - looking good for those NYE and NYD runs.

Early visits chamolk. Good attitude towards your easy week, rest is underrated (especially by me).

Nice use of what you had available Dustin.

Hope you enjoyed your run with company Hazel.

It's window fitting today isn't it Wabo? Hope you don't have our heavy rain.

Do you feel you have less pain now OH? Els has been quiet - please tell her I'm thinking of her.

Stretches Alehouse!

Result of my x-ray is 'borderline' - wear and tear changes but I don't think they are anything new. Need to try to book a telephone consult with my GP and see if he can refer me for the MRI in the meantime I'm no further forward but I didn't expect to be.

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh hope the doc can sort and MRI for you. Yep window and proper door handle today.

Alehouse sounds sensible with the half hour
    Chamolk sign of a good sport massage eh! I saw my sports physio Tuesday for a new WFH wrist problem, it's so sore from where he worked!
    What 7k
    Why fetch game, I miscalculated yesterday by .1 of a mile how annoying! 
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Off to see the grandson Reggie later, we'll have a little walk together. He's asked for me! Lol he's adorable but hard work! Like his dad
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Like the accidental 20k emzap - shame you are going to have to reduce down to 10k.  Good luck with the clothes making, nice to be talented enough to be able to do that. 

Good news on the mileage and all the best to Els OH.

Darker days are already here Ale.  Could join you with the stretching - back at least.

Sensible approach chamolk - have a nice run today.

Good you have the x-ray results back LMH and can get things moving with a scan.  Lots more they can look at on one of those.  Company run was nice yesterday evening - only 3 of us out but the group is struggling a bit at the moment and it likely wouldn't be good to be seen out in big ones anyway (15 allowed at the moment).

Enjoy your family visit Wabo - annoying regarding the .1 mile.  Hope the window is done quickly today.

What: lunchtime trot about
    Why: finally getting keys to new flat this afternoon - handover meeting
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • When will you actually move Hazel? Unfortunately I have to get a telephone consult with the GP to see if he can refer me for the MRI - will try tomorrow - and last time the MRI didn't show anything, it was only once they were in the knee during the arthroscopy that they could see what the issue was - I paid for it then but don't think I will again as I now know what the problem is (unless I get an MRI and it does show something different) and the consultant has already said he can't do anything.

Enjoy your time with Reggie Wabo.
  • Afternoon!

Pleasant autumnal afternoon here after foul torrential rain this morning. 

What: just over 40 minutes off road, a fair amount of it on liquid, slippery, mud. 

Why: a kilometre in the mud is worth two on the road. Possibly. 

Hope the move goes well, Hazel

And Reggie visit was good, Wabo
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Gosh, this time of year is just horrid work-wise. Sorry about the rather short post yesterday.

Em: oh no, that doesn't sound so good. But 10k is better than no running I guess. Can a physio or osteo help you?

Good to have Poppy back amongst the living. 

Nice slippery running, ale. I hope the sliding didn't do anything bad to your hips. Be careful.

No need to go overboard in a recovery week, chamolk.

When is your actual moving date, Hazel? I know you mentioned it before but I forgot. I think P&D with no super long runs could be a good otion. P&L felt a bit too hard for my decrepit old body. I got a decent half marathon from it in 2019 though, so can't complain.

Enjoy your time with Reggie, wabo

Hope the phone consultation with your GP brings you closer to a scan, LMH

Just s&c for me today. I very nearly did another little run but it was my first time without walking yesterday so erring on the side of caution. Nothing hurts which is good :)
  • Sounds very positive chicksta. First hurdle is getting the telephone appointment.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    good time had by reggie and nanna, he did get annoyed when I said it was time to go in though!! He was having an adventure in the jungle (park) lol
    LMH hope you can get a scan sorted
    alehouse I know what you mean about the mud!
    hazel hope the move goes well
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - sensible head, very wise!
    LMH - good to get the xray results and hopefully some further progress
    Wabo - sounds like nanna had a great day
    Ale - sounds like my kind of run!

What - hour easy- stupidly busy at work so didn't get out until after dark.
    Could have hit evening trails but opted for semi lit paths for multi residential and business park loops. 
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - not sure 
  • So, my easy run today ended up being a 21:05 5k - only had 1 hour sleep after my shift last night before meetings today, and I just fancied seeing if my 5k time had come down a bit more.

Getting the boys their supper now, then think I'll be in bed shortly after them
  • Swim, Yoga and short run
    A nice day (but water getting cooler)
    Last hard - yoga but hopefully beneficial
    Lyrics no (but summer days are long gone hear)

Lots of buts