Friday 27th November 2020 Lonely hearts are welcome here

Morning!

Lyrics: Lonely hearts are welcome here
Take my hand let's disappear

Yesterday's lyrics were 1,2,3 O'Leary, a hit in 1968 for Des O'Connor, who died recently. 

What: short and easy

Why: being careful

Must jump on it: work beckons.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Have a good day at work Ale.

Nice watery pics yesterday OH - what is the water temperature at the moment?  Thanks for the instrument playing infos. 

Heavy work day yesterday Dustin.  Good you managed a decent break. 

You can do without the boiler breaking down at this time of year Wabo.  Hope you don't have a mad scramble to catch up on work today as well due to the internet issues.

What: recovery
    Why: intervals yesterday
    Last hard: tempo intervals yesterday - but it was a nice hard
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Enforced rest day unless I feel like turbo or yoga, as now self isolating. Off on boat to Aberdeen overnight, Elspeth getting admitted midday Sunday.
    Lyrics no

We're due to have our boiler and CH totally replaced, however not hassling plumbers now it's this far into winter ...
  • I hope you don't have a third thing today Wabo.

Will be thinking of Els. Hope travel and procedure go well and that the rest day isn't too onerous OH.

Glad you managed to escape your crazy day for some fun in the sun Dustin.

Hope you had a good run Alehouse.

Has the fog lifted Hazel?

No real progress with my knee - GP is referring me to the MSK Team but apart from offering increased pain relief (which I declined, Tramadol sends me loopy and I'm not taking regular co-codamol thank you) he had no short term suggestions. He said that he felt this was probably a result of the reduced dose steroid he was allowed to inject but expressed the hope that even after all this time (nearly eight weeks) I may still see more improvement from it.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning! Sorry been a bit awol! Plugging away with my daily runs - but isolating from yesterday afternoon so that's it now!
    Feeling bad about restricting Peter and him having to come with me when not so well but given current covid restrictions seems it's the only way.
    Everyone seems busy, good luck with the move Hazel!
    LMH hope the knee will eventually settle more.
    Chick - glad you;re able to do your Christmas/New Year running.
    Odd being housebound today but hey, making bread, granola and flapjacks so we won't starve while away.... though when admitted last time was horrified to have 3 pieces of ravioli for my hospital dinner! Hence the flapjacks, gonna smuggle some in! Then it's finish off some knitting and a bit of tidying up and yoga I guess! 
    Hope everyone gets out for some fresh air today for me, guess I can squelch round the garden but that's it!
  • Thanks for popping in Els - you've been missed. I'm sure Peter wouldn't be anywhere but with you. Good idea with the flapjack :-) Do you know when you should be on your way home? Will be thinking of you.
  • Seen better flapjack though! Ah well. Depends, if all well will be heading home Thurs but will have to see how things go. Thanks!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ooh that was a chilly one! 
    Els that's a busy day! Hope all goes well
    No work today so I'm officially taking today and Monday off.
    Boiler all fired up and seems ok. Internet came back last night by which time spurs were 2-0 up!
    Lmh let's hope that knee does get more improvement
    Hazel enjoy the recovery
    Alehouse have a good one

What 5.7 chilly beautiful forest miles
    Why 9k for the date
    Last hard that was especially the ice breaking bits
    Last rest 31/12/16

That run has left me so hungry I've had two breakfasts
    Catch up later
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Ha just done some yoga and bored with the day already wabo! Forest running sounds lovely! (Elspeth)
  • Water around 7°C just now HCH
  • I find it hard to pass the day when I'm stuck inside too Els. Will this be the last procedure or do you not know yet?

I was cold swimming in 12C in a wetsuit OH - I don't know how you do it.

You sound as though you really enjoyed your run Wabo. Good news about the boiler and internet.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Apologies but another brief pop in today...
    What - 5 miles over the fields
    Why - Easy day 
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterdays mudfest was draining even if the pace wasn't 
    Had planned to go first thing (5.30) but was really foggy (& dark) so opted to get daylight run instead. Fog stilll lingering and the ground was rock hard. 

Have a wonderful weekend all!