Sunday 29th November 2020 - I'd like to drop my trousers to the world

Morning.

Lyrics - I'd like to drop my trousers to the world

I am a man of means (of slender means)

Good that all seems to be well at your new place Hazel. Only essential shops open here so people can't go wandering round looking for bargains as entertainment on a grey day.

I wouldn't expect you to let weather stop you chicksta :-) I am unashamedly bah humbug and the fact that people have been encouraging each other to put their decorations up early (seemed to start a couple of weeks ago) has done nothing to help my mood. Waiting for BiL to declare his intent over xmas too so we know whether we are required to be sole company for MiL throughout or not. Bad enough in normal times.

Supposed to be foggy here this morning but it's too dark to tell at the moment. When I looked last night the Met were saying that it would be with us until lunchtime but it's forecast to dissipate in a couple of hours now.

What:          hopefully some easy miles
Why:           I'm really not sure
Last hard:   getting through the pain at the start of the run is hard
Last rest:    28/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Darkness At The Door - Editors.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Now in AirBNB overlooking Tweed in Peebles. Smooth crossing to Aberdeen. Low bright sun made driving difficult at times. 
    Nice day for socially isolated walk on arrival. Seems strange to be 3 miles from daughter but not allowed to visit. Planning to meet up outside after dropping Elspeth at hospital (about 45 minutes from here)

Lyrics no

RBS giving warning re scam Black Friday deals.
  • I think most of the Black Friday 'deals' are a scam OH! Glad you had a good crossing and are nearly there. Hope you enjoy your walk later. Best wishes to Els.
  • Oops posted on yesterday's thread by mistake...idiot!
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope all goes well, Els! Keep us posted! Or OH!

What: something later

Why: waiting for it to stop drizzling. Sunshine forecast for later, but I can see that being wrong!

Are you going to gradually increase the distance on the odd day, Chick? Doing well!

All sounds good with the new accommodation, Hazel! Wasn't slipping and sliding on ice yesterday: liquid mud!

Is the forest muddy, also, Wabo? And come on Spurs! 

And well done DCI Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

Whispers not to offend LMH I have Christmas decorations up they got finished Thursday but they always go up before today first Sunday of Advent.It just takes us time so we have paced ourselves.

In other news not good news I fell on Friday on concrete and hurt myself my knee is raw as I fell and skinned knee on scab from last fall last month!! ankle was also bad and painful but it is getting better I can weight bare on it and stopped pain killers.Lots of aches and pains.

Black friday deals apart from 25% off at Flanci so a Christmas Skort(not a christmas design but for Alun to buy) has been bought nothing of interest.

So training nothing as yet but hoping for a walk.Must read about OH and Els.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Ouch, poppy! Hope it's just superficial.

X-posted with Hazel yesterday. Hope the rest of the move goes smoothly.

LMH: Very similar here with respect to the decorations. Our next door neighbour started 5 weeks ago. Crazy. I bought some candles for Advent but that's about it. Hope you had a good run without too much pain.

Ale: I'm thinking about adding another k next week. My gradual increase this week consisted of consecutive weekend runs. Today's was run/walk though a) because I was with hubby and b) because I'm still cautious

Crossing my fingers for you, Els.

I also don't believe in Black Friday deals. My phone which I bought for 450 Euro in September was 569 - allegedly a super deal. Hm.

• Afternoon:

Yes, err on the side of caution, Chick!

What: about 50 minutes

Why: erring on the side of caution at present

I'm not sure about Black Friday either.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thinking of you Els.

Ouch Poppy - hope you're soon on the mend.

Couldn't bring myself to run in the end - I'm just not sure why I'm even trying at the minute, it's not just that I don't think I'll ever be able to run as I was but because it's just not enjoyable when I dread going out and it hurts at the start and then usually the day after too. Mark and I both needed to do something though so we drove to Carsington Water and walked round. Not great views due to the fog and quite busy in places but a change of scene.
  • Sensible option, LMH. We're not supposed to drive anywhere so we need to make do with the area around our house. Used the bikes as a radius extender today but boy, it was cold! Turned around after 11 miles ;)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LMH - I feel your frustration but hopefully the walking helped
    OH/Els - good luck and please keep us updated
    Poppy - yikes, that doesn't sound pleasant (and I don't mean the stupidly early Christmas decorating...) 
    Hope the pain eases quickly
    Ale - good work on the 50
    Chick - I'm sure a slow and gradual process will pay dividends

Black Friday? Not bought anything....

What - and hour trails including a 3k hill segment devised by one of our other coaches.
    Why - wanted to post a time and needed to churn the legs
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was
    lyric - absolute beauty of a song!

• Just had the consent chat...pretty risky stuff but also high chance of catastrophic bleed if not done. Hey ho not feeling great. 
  • I think you're in a very difficult position Els. I also think that you are making the right decision. Will be thinking of and praying for you.

We are allowed to drive for exercise chicksta. I don't usually as it feels a bit wrong somehow given what we have on our doorstep but I really just needed to see something different.

I did feel better for the walk Dustin - though a bit bad because I hadn't run when I could! You are putting some good training in.