Sunday 6th Dec 2020 - Once bitten and twice shy

Morning

Once bitten and twice shy

What: debating a short run now before the chaos kicks off
Why: still have 5 items to finish off but Lucas and oh asleep where my sewing machine is
Last hard: not for a while!

Good she doesn't have to quarantine Dustin.

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Wish I Could by Norah Jones.

Hope today goes well emzap.

Sounds enjoyable Dustin. More rain here will mean that the trails are out for me for a few days, my knee definitely doesn't like twisting in the mud.

How are you feeling today Wabo?

Can't say I'm feeling very enthusiastic about it but today is a run day. Hopefully the Met are correct and the rain will go through early so it will just be wet feet.

What:            easy miles
    Why:              trying to fix my knee
    Last hard:      fixing my knee
    Last rest:       5/12

Lyrics - can't avoid it on the radio at the moment!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: I feel that I should do

What: short and easy

Why: ran longer yesterday. Not very enthusiastic here either!

Plus must stretch.

Hope today goes well, Emz.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning. 
    Lyrics yes

Had 3 fairly easy runs this week so far, though I ended up adding a 20 minute section in to yesterday's run that was getting closer to tempo pace - planning to start adding in some proper tempo runs in the new year. 
    Long run planned for today, but waiting for the frost and ice to melt

Hope the enthusiasm returns LMH and Ale and you enjoy your runs. Hope it goes well emzap
  • Lyrics: yes, thanks to LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

Not the radio station I listen too:-)
    Wabo: have you also fallen?
    Els: So we start our comeback tomorrow :)

What: 15 mins static bike/25 minutes treadmill
    Why: I could not go walking as icy
    Last hard Fall
    Lyrics: Nope

Honestly they bore me silly but on treadmill I walked half a mile and ran slowly for 0.85 mile.....it is a wee start.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chamolk - I think I'd feel a lot more enthusiastic if my knee stopped hurting and the weather improved - neither of which seem likely to happen in the near future unfortunately! Hope you enjoy your long run.

The rain is showing no sign of stopping here Alehouse so once I've warmed up a little I shall have to put my OMM jacket on and head out regardless. Hope you get a break in the weather.

Good to see you feel ok to start back Poppy.
  • Afternoon!

Yes, LMH, managed to find a dry (bit cold and damp) window for my run. Nothing sparkling to report, but brings me up to 39 k for the week, which is about what I wanted. Hopefully increase that slightly next week. 
  • Glad you found a dry window, ale. Good weekly total. I'm on 31k which isn't too bad, all things considered. I did include the run/walk bits though.

Hope the rain subsided, LMH. And I keep crossing my fingers that your knee finally caves in and stops hurting.

Good mix of exercises, Poppy.

How did your long run go, chamolk?

And I guess Hazel is moving this weekend?

Lyrics: Yes. Talking of xmas songs, this got me into the Advent vibe: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y9yM53TowA

5 miles - yes MILES today :)  Well happy. Felt great and wanted to do more but stopped myself from being silly. 

• Well done, Chick...on the self-restraint, never mind the 5 miles! 

Hope all is going to plan for Hazel!

And Wabo is well!
  • Good going chicksta!

That was fortunate Alehouse - no respite here, wet throughout my run but the trusty OMM jacket meant that I was dry and toasty. Had to divert at one point because of flooding but enjoyed my run today.
  • Sounds good, LMH! Dry here from 10 but cold and damp. Fingers went numb despite the gloves. OMM worn here also.
  • 5.6 miles this afternoon.
    The sun came out!
    lyrics no
    (yoga online and 7-8 mile walk yesterday on West coast)
  • WP  yup hopefully back at it tomorrow but will start cautiously.
    Good running today everyone.
    Don't envy Hazel moving in December!
    Sunshine and rainbows for this mornings walk admittedly only a town one though it was very quiet 8.4 Miles. 
  • Evening - quick drop in.  Move is on Tuesday but been packing up the last couple of days (fed up of cardboard boxes).  Going ok so far - thanks.  

Hope you got the sewing done in time emzap and sales were good.  Nice 10k yesterday.

Hope you aren't feeling too crap today Wabo.

Nice pic of the clouds yesterday Els.  

You are doing well on wrapping pressies Dustin - haven't even bought any yet..  :# Good news your daughter doesn't have to quarantine and even better that the other one has found a job after so many rejections.

Bad luck on Lola waking you in the night LMH.  You need a dog flap.  Think the cake will have to wait a bit still as well.  (marzipan and icing).  Great news you enjoyed your run today.

Good rebuilding of your mileage Ale.

Nice your OH ran/walked with you yesterday Chicksta - well done on the 5 miles.

Hope you had a nice long run today chamolk. 20 mins tempo is a good start.

Glad you are able to do some exercice again WP.

Nice walking and running OH and walking Els - glad you both got some sunshine!

Good luck for the run tomorrow Els.

What: HM with around 7 miles at my old MP, 4.5 whatever miles yesterday.
    Why: escaping the boxes
    Last hard: filling said boxes, mostly done now though - food stores left to do as a larger item - I mean you can't pack the biscuits away until the last minute can you.  Chocolate consumption is also rising.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no brain for those at all at the moment.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - nice one with the 5!
    LMH - pleased you enjoyed the run
    Ale - good to hit the distance target
    Hazel - best pf luck with the move
    OH - decent distance today and a sunny bonus!
    Emz - make it out?
    Wabo - feeling any better?
    Chamolk - skills with the tempo - reminds me I should do more...

What - 11.5 miles (1h50) torrid hilly trails, very wet underfoot, plenty of huge (unavoidable) puddles and freezing fog so the views were just a white haze...Loved it, saw two people all day. 
    Why - strength training - core workout
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - today
    lyric - think so