Options

Monday 7th December 2020 - And there is nothing

Morning.

Lyrics - And there is nothing
             I want to

Hazel - definitely don't pack the biscuits and chocolate! Not surprised you need a run to manage stress levels.

That sounds epic Dustin.

Hope your run goes well Els.

How is your pain now OH?

My knee and hip were good after yesterday's run to the extent that I was entertaining phantasies of running again today but I've had the odd reminder tweak from my knee already this morning and physio did say that it's the load and rest that it needs. I shall hopefully get out again tomorrow.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    That's fairly promising sounding for the knee LMH, hopefully it'll continue.

Good work on the weekly mileage ale

Glad things are returning WP and Chick. Though I agree about treadmills

Good luck if you're trying something today Els, hope it goes well

Good luck with the last of the packing Hazel, that was a nice session you found time for yesterday 

Did a half yesterday with a friend, nice and easy, just under 2 hours. Very dense fog all day, and we could feel the temperature dropping as we ran, think it was about - 2 by the time we finished. Unlike your run Dustin, there were a lot of people about, though we weren't on the trails this time.

I quite like tempo runs. I'm still in this base training phase that I'm trying out, but I'm planning on adding in more faster work in January, so I'm just doing the odd wee bit here and there so that it's not quite such a shock to the system next month.

Lyrics no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

chamolk nice running!
    lmh, that all sounds hopeful I am happy for you

what: I don't honestly know, but on the treaddie anything from 1-4.4 miles
    why: I am still not well
    last hard: yesterday I did manage 3.75 miles
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

After a lot of stress (threatening to cancel due to rain, it's England, what did they expect!!!) Market yesterday was a success. Didn't sell anything until the last hour, so nearly gave up and went as I was so cold! Glad I didn't though!

Didn't get out for a run but did walk about 5km carrying all my stuff.

Today club, no idea what's in store for me there

Yesterday's lyrics were last Christmas. No idea of today's.

Sounds promising with the knee lmh

Hazel agree on the biscuits

Thought of you yesterday Dustin. I shared my stall with a friend who makes cakes. Got 6 ginger cupcakes from her and they're amazing.

Chick well done on the 5 miles.

Wabo still? Have you got checked out?

Have a lovely day all

• Options
    Emz- ginger cupcakes, get her recipe for us! Sound cold but glad you did good trade in the end.  Any left over for Lucas?
    Wabo hope youre soon well again.WP - how did it go?
    LMH - sounding overall more promising.
    Chamolk, a half under 2 hours sounds impossible these days yet it used to be little bother. 
    Hazel - lots of extra biscuits required I imagine.
    Found a dry slot between heavy showers for 5 miles just now including delivery of my discharge letter to GP, felt no different to normal so that's good.
    Boring afternoon ahead talking to building society guy. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you're still unwell Wabo. Don't go stressing your system unnecessarily!

Sounds like an enjoyable run chamolk. I find it feels quite strange running through fog. I'm cautiously optimistic about my knee but don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Glad it went well emzap. Had to laugh at the threatened cancellation!

I have just had a phone call to arrange a Teams interview for a role in the vaccination program. It's been over a decade since I last had an interview and I have all week to stress as it isn't until Friday afternoon. Anyone any ideas on how I can prepare? I don't even know which role though I'm guessing it's probably pre-vaccination assessment as most of the other roles are more suited to non clinical staff.
  • Options
    Lmh...I wouldn't stress about interview they probably just want to hear what your past experience is.
  • Options
    Just a swim so far, first this month.
    Intending group run with Scapa Loopers at 5:30
    Have been keeping socially distanced after visit to Tier 3
    Lyrics No
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Late posting due to work, shopping and run!

Lyrics: no

What: just over an hour, off road

Why: pleasant afternoon. Hopefully that will be the week's MLR, although it is the same length as last week's SLR. 

I thought yesterday's match would have made you better, Wabo

Will have a think about interviews, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap, getting myself and daughter checked tomorrow.  Need to know to be honest!
    Alehouse yesterdays match made me smile for sure!, thank goodness I didnt get a ticket
    LMH I will let others advise re interviews as I cannot remember my last one!!
    II did manage a very slow 4.4 on the treaddie. watching telly!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    I hope your tests are negative Wabo.

Enjoy the run OH. I'm just tucking into a piece of Mary Berry's gingerbread, it's nice but Mark and I have decided we prefer the parkin, good to try something different though.

Thanks Els. I hope they don't do that 'give an example of a time when you xxx' as I can never think of anything when out on the spot.

Sounds as though your aches and pains are feeling better Alehouse?
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh there's lots of lists of those online. I got asked mostly those in my recent interviews.  I hate them too!

Think I'm going to wimp out of club. I'm freezing and even though I slept for 11 hours last night, I fell asleep on Lucas' floor at lunchtime when I put him down for a nap 😴
  • Options
    I'm great at doing them for other people emzap. Sounds like rest is what you need this evening. Hope Lucas and you have a good night.
  • Options
    My last interview was over 10 years ago :D
    My advice is to make sure that Teams works on your chosen piece of equipment, especially test the sound and the camera. I've experienced a ton of video fails in my recent projects.

Glad your market was a success, em.

Hope you're ok, wabo.

Nice 5, Els. Good to hear that you feel normal.

Moving and packing burns a lot calories, Hazel. Keep those biccies within reach.

Was tempted to run but kept the sensible head on and walked instead and did some s&c.
  • Options
    LMH I know both are cakes with ginger and treacle, but other than that they are as alike as chalk and cheese. 
    Parkin was part of our staple diet as students.
    3 wet windy ones tonight.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LMH - no idea for the job role, but best of luck
    Chamolk - good work on the half
    Emz- friends with a cake maker, my kind of friends!

What - 5 miles easy
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Yesterday
    lyric - don't think so
  • Options
    Els: Great job on 5 miles! I ran 1 mile on treadmill as we have ice and to be honest 1 mile on the treadmill is a long way:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression