Options

Tuesday 8th December 2020 The nights are colder now

Morning!

Lyrics: The nights are colder now
Maybe I should close the door

What: easy run

Why: ran longer yesterday so being careful. Weather doesn't look promising either.

Back later.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Caution by The Killers.

We must have cross posted yesterday Els - glad your 5 miles felt normal.

I thought I'd give it a try OH and it won't get wasted :-)

chicksta - I work on Teams at the moment so apart from the wifi falling out will hopefully be ok. Will need to ensure I use a sensible background though - I tend to prefer the beach one when meeting with my students :-) Keep being sensible.

You should have great base fitness Dustin.

Cold here but forecast to be dry Alehouse.

Hope the move goes well Hazel.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            rehab
    Last hard:    getting my knee to stop hurting when I run
    Last rest:     7/12

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Icy rain forecast most of the day here, LMH. Enjoy your miles.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Bit grim and foggy outside but no ice as yet...
    What - club night: 1x8, 2x4, 4x2, 8x1 with same distance recovery (on grass)
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - QoP elbow in the hammies yesterday :D
    lyric - possibly
    #2 back from Manchester Detention centre now although it looks like she may have tonsilitis.
    Will try to make a docs appointment this morning - if they answer the phone...

Be careful out there and have fun!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Hazel hope the move goes well
    Dustin oh dear tonsillitis is not nice! Enjoy your run
    lmh enjoy the easy
    alehouse you enjoy the easy too

What: it will be only a mile now for the foreseeable future!
    Why: not feeling better
    last hard: getting up
    last rest: 31/12/16

Having a test done at 12 so let's see....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you're still unwell Wabo. If you feel that bad then stressing your body even for 'just a mile' is a risk to take. Hope you get the result quickly.

Poor #2 Dustin - I hope she recovers quickly. Just as well your session is on grass I think. Not too bad here but slippery in places.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Cold and foggy out having walked Lucas to nursery (he didn't walk, it's 2km!)

No running today

Managed another 9 hours of sleep but still tired. I suppose I'm catching up for the past 8 months!

Have you been tested wabo? Hope you get results fast and what ong said about 1 mile.

Dustin hope miss d is ok.

Lmh you can blur the background, not sure if that helps?

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    Morning,

Else: Great work yesterday with 5 miles :)

Wabo: I hope you get the results asap and I would stop running if you are feeling so unwell ?

Dustin: Hope #2 gets a appointment.

LMH: Enjoy the run but be careful of ice.

Em: Great sleeping you are in my area I get 9 hours if I can.

What: 1 mile treadmill/30 mins core body workout/maybe a walk later
    Why: Weather and knee
    Last hard Ice
    Lyrics yes

I hate the treadmill so the best I can do at the moment.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Wow - nine hours is great sleep emzap, sorry to hear that you still feel tired. I have various backgrounds that I can set for a meeting in Teams and at least a couple of them are definitely more suitable than my usual choice :-) Next dilemma is what to wear - usually I'd be suited and booted for an interview (which would present problems as I don't have a suit that fits - but I'm wondering whether a roll neck is formal enough in the circumstances or if it should be a shirt?

I hope you can get out Poppy - so much better for the head than a treadie run. Only a few slippery patches here fortunately though I did stick mostly to the trails.
  • Options
    Considering a short run but waether not great and just stated raining again.
    Swim and online yoga done.
    Last hard: short days.
    Lyrics: no

Gingerbread is light and fluffy
    Whereas Parkin is solid and heavy.

"Fluffy" was an derogatory term by one student flatmate  if the Parkin didn't quite work out!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ha ha love that oh!

I'd go for shirt lmh, better to be too formal. I had on a nice top for my interviews and the interviewers turned up in t-shirts 😂

9-10 hours is normal for me poppy, just haven't had it in a loooong time!

• Options
    Afternoon!

What: just under half an hour fairly easy

Why: cold icy rain so that was enough.

LMH: to break the ice you can say I didn't know what to wear for the interview and that you would normally be suited and booted. Over the years I have interviewed hundreds of people...but none over the internet! 
    Ask for questions to be repeated if necessary, and I am happy for interviewees to write them down (you can ask if they mind you taking notes): both show that you are taking things seriously. Most interviewers actually want candidates to do well, although it might not seem like it!
    Also I am comfortable with people saying something like, "Can I think about that for a moment before I reply", ensuring that they don't rush into an answer. 
    If you are asked a "what would you do if" type question, if it is a matter of health and safety you might want to do xyz urgently; most other things can wait a little: you would give something serious consideration, consult with your line manager for advice, follow the policy and guidelines, rather than rush into a course of action that you might regret later. 
    You may get asked if you have any questions: I would only say yes if you have a really important one; most questions that I have been asked have been almost frivolous and are the candidate saying something for the sake of saying something. 

• Options
    Not had an interview for many years so also wouldn't know what to wear! I shirt seems a safe bet, can't think that anyone would expect you to sit at home in a suit!
    WP - a start has been made by both of us. A wee bit longer and a wee bit slower today but it was pretty windy though avoided the rain.
    This followed a lazy start to the day with soup, cake and bread making. Afternoon trying to shop, not very successfully.
    Almost dark!
    Wabo, hope the test proves negative, how long to wait for results these days? I got mine next morning but unfortunately didn't get forwarded to Edinburgh hospital as promised. Was able to sort it out though they didn't want to take my word for it!
    Have a good day though not much daylight left of it.
  • Options
    I'm definitely more solid and heavy OH :-)

Thanks for the interview thoughts, I think you are correct, better to be over than under dressed, we'll just have to crank the heating up!

Els - I wasn't proposing to rush out and buy a suit for it though I do have a jacket that fits and I guess they won't see my bottom half :-) It's getting dark depressingly early isn't it?

Alehouse - I think the thing I'm most likely to want to ask assuming it isn't covered is when I'd hear whether I'm successful and when they'd want me to start.

I'm making a start on present wrapping and card writing - it's less stressful than putting the marzipan on the cake though I guess that will have to happen soon.
  • Options

chicksta - I work on Teams at the moment so apart from the wifi falling out will hopefully be ok. Will need to ensure I use a sensible background though - I tend to prefer the beach one when meeting with my students :-) Keep being sensible.

I love the badass boardroom one ;)  I like the beach too. The blurry background does my head in when people use it. My eyes never know how to focus when that's on. 
    That's the great thing about wfh and videoconferencing -  I usually wear a decent top and make sure my hair isn't too messy but the bottom half is always clad in leggings  :D Luckily we have a casual dress policy even with clients so nobody expects me rock up in a suit. In fact, my 10 year old interview suit is somewhere in the attic, never to be worn again I guess. Great interview tips by ale
    How did your run go?

Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough, wabo. I know you're streaking but sometimes even a mile can be too much if the immune system is down ... which is basically what LMH said too.  

Hope it's "only" tonsilitis, Dustin

Em: I wish I could sleep 3 hours, nevermind 9. Had another very rough night last night stressing about stuff. Sigh.

With you on needing fresh air to feel better, poppy

I did 5k straight out of bed without coffee first - that was quite tough. At least I was wide awake when I got back.