Thur 10th Dec - theres dancing, behind movie scenes

Lyrics - There's dancing, behind movie scenes, behind the movie scenes

Haven't really caught up the last few days posts yet but I knew yesterday's lyrics, and happy birthday OH

I did 5k on Tuesday (think it was about 21:20) then 11 and bit miles around the Belfast hills yesterday with about 1600 feet of accent.

Working overnight, so I'll see how I feel after a sleep this morning to decide if I'll go out for some easy miles today, or leave it until Friday 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were, I hear you knocking, (but you can't come in), Dave Edmunds. As I said, perhaps the theme tune of 2020!

What: probably around 30 minutes

Why: easy day

Hope you are ok, Wabo!

Glad heating was sorted, OH/Els.

Is daughter number 2 ok, Dustin? Is she now with you until the end of January?

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Hope you sleep well chamolk.

You are putting in a lot of miles Dustin.

Hoping Wabo is ok too.

Everything feeling ok now Alehouse?

What:            easy miles
    Why:             it's a run day
    Last hard:     getting my knee to stop hurting
    Last rest:      9/12

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

All feeling reasonable, LMH...but not perfect...and not going to speak too soon. Enjoy your run!

Work beckons.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Perfection may be a thing of the past for both of us I'm afraid Alehouse. My knee wasn't happy yesterday and doesn't feel great this morning either. I'm hoping it's mostly because the shoes I ran in on Tuesday are dead and that new shoes will help but who knows.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: I will run home from nursery drop off
    Why: I need to get out!
    Last hard: I think walking to nursery in shorts will be!
    Lyrics: yes

Happy birthday for yesterday oh. That cake sounds yummy!

Wabo, hope you're ok.

Hope the night shift was ok chamolk.

Christmas cards arrived yesterday so need to write them as well... My list of to do is far too long!

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning

Happy belated Birthday OH glad boiler was fixed and you had a delicious cake.
    Chamolk That was some hills yesterday I like it:-)

What 4.5 miles
    Why No ice
    Last hard: fall
    Lyrics Yes

Easy run again Mantra on repeat slow pace like a snail really but glad to have run 2 in the bag.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Still no Wabo?

I started writing mine yesterday emzap.

Glad you were able to get a run in yesterday too OH - and get warm afterwards.

No ice is good as is easy Poppy.
  • Swim (270m) and slow run (5 miles)
    just ticking over
    last hard: boiler failure (kerosene pump)
    also confirmed our immersion heater is non functional (add that to list of jobs)
    lyrics no
  • Oh dear OH - it seems to be one thing after another at the moment.
  • Cards seem to have sold out here this year. Just when I feel the need to get in touch with some folk! Also thank you cards in short supply.
    Perfection?  Never thought I was perfect but I know what you mean LMH and Ale. Just happy to be still able to run!
    Finishing mostly Christmas shopping this afternoon...quite gloomy in the near dark and trying to avoid busy places. Broken up short run this morning first to get cream cheese for carrot cake and then round scapa in the wind...v slow.
    Cake delivered to birthday girl who was out ...but it's Orkney left it in her porch.
    Where's wabo?
    Cpd this evening....not sure why I'm doing it even!
  • I wish I had a friend who'd pop round with a cake for me Els :-) Online for your xmas cards? I hope the cpd is interesting. I did a fair bit early in the first lock down and have lost all enthusiasm now.
  • Sorry I missed yesterday. Busy at work but I managed some s&c.

Happy belated birthday, OH. Hope that heating issue gets sorted.

I've done my cards o:)

I was never even close to perfection 🙈 but these days I'm with you, Els. Just happy to be able to put in some kind of running.

Good luck for the interview, LMH.

Also hope that wabo is ok.

Nice quick 5k, chamolk.

6k today. 1 degree, rain and wind. Very nasty but needed to clear my head.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Evening!

6k is progress, particularly when battling the elements,Chick! And I'm in the "glad-to-be-running-at-all" camp!

Hope Hazel has settled in!

What: short and not particularly pleasant run

Why: went to the supermarket beginning with T then ran at HM Common nearby. Even the hard paths were too muddy to run on so went on to harder surfaces. But glad to be running! Almost dark by the time that I had finished. 

Got my cards down from the attic. Don't particularly like many so more will need to be purchased.