Friday 11th December 2020 - I can't do it any quicker

Morning.

Lyrics - I can't do it any quicker

I don't want it any slicker

Glad the run cleared your head chicksta.

It's a bit like that round here Alehouse. I ended up doing a little more than I set out to yesterday due to a diversion round a flood and the need to avoid too much mud.

A non run day for me today. Supposed to be meeting a friend for a walk but we are forecast heavy rain all morning so I'm not sure if she'll want to drive over to get wet. Trying not to stress about this afternoon, they'll either want me or they won't, can't help not wanting to be rejected though! A bad night's sleep wasn't the best prep of course.

Hope Wabo checks in soon.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Go well this afternoon, LMH!

What: something with M75

Why: chance to run with someone else, and not working today. The rain is supposed to have gone through by 9 when we are due to run. 

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope the interview goes well. Apparently Peters brother a retired engineer has applied to be a vaccinator and was told if successful he will do the training in his own time. Not what he was used to in a former life.
    Windy day supposed to be running with my vet friend but now postponed to afternoon as she had a busy on call night.Puddles and mud await.
    Meanwhile baking bread fruit cake and marzipan for cake. First hurdle run out of icing sugar!
    Needing to get this parcelled up for posting...the worst bit!
    Have a good day all and hope we hear that wabo is better!
  • Morning again!

What: just over 40 minutes largely off road, in the rain, through the puddles, mud etc

Why: what M75 was persuaded to do. And we both enjoyed it!

You sound busy, Els! Enjoy your run later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What's bread fruit cake Els? That's a bit cheeky with the training. I hope you enjoy your run with company.

You did well to stay dry Alehouse. I managed a dry walk with Lola but got soaked walking with my friend.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Apologies for absence yesterday
    Els - wonderful baking skills, you know you can always pop round and leave me cake !
    LMH - good luck today
    Chamolk - tasty 5k earlier this week
    Ale - youngest back, but she's back in Manchester next week trying to sort out a house for 2nd year.
    Tonsilitis improving...Nice run today by the sounds of it!
    Christmas cards? We send a few but I leave that to Mrs D!

What - In London, so early run in from Waterloo
    Why - getting it done
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    Have a club only 3k XC tomorrow, about 40 entries, so should be fun!

Tower Bridge earlier today makes the run commute almost worth it...
    The red bar of light in the distance is where I was heading!

• Lovely picture Dustin....if you lived nearer I'd make you a cake!
    Lmh   as an nhs worker doesn't surprise me at all! Oops lack of punctuation. ..bread, fruit cake!
    Been for a short walk...it's hard to make progress into the wind...my run may not be pretty!!
  • That almost makes London attractive Dustin.

Ah, very busy morning for you then Els. I hope the wind abates.

Trying hard to keep a lid on but nerves are really rising now.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hope all went well lmh.

Really hope wabo is ok.

What: walking with a friend round national trust
    Why: getting out
    Last hard: not losing Lucas in the mud!
    Lyrics: nope

Lucas pretty much ran then went splat over and over. He was having a wail of a time so let him get on with it!

Have a great day all
  • Replaced immersion heater (realised it was totally defunct when central heating was down)
    5.8 miles this afternoon after the wind had died down.
    Last hard: realising too late that it's not a good idea to sand plywood too vigorously (goes though to next layer)
    Lyrics no but spot on for me.

Not a swimming day - winds in excess of 40mph
  • Hope it went ok! 
    Just in from a fantastically muddy trail run with friend. Just in as darkness fell. Sounds like we had a lot in common with Lucas though didn't fall in it!
  • Sounds as though you enjoyed your run Els.

Nice skills OH.

Hopefully it will all wash off/out emzap.

I think the interview went well - should find out if I've been successful (though still not sure for what) within two weeks.
  • Evening!

Sounds positive, LMH! Sounds as if you did your best, so well done!

Wabo?

Hazel?

Great photo, Dustin! Youngest thinking of next year already! Obviously made some decent friends to share with! 

Well done Plumber OH!
  • Oh, I loved to run there, Dustin. Great pic. The bridge fooled me many a time when it opened. Being impatient I usually ran back to London Bridge :D.

Sounds good, LMH. Fingers crossed.

Productive day with running, baking and fixing the heating, Els and OH

Kids love mud. Good you let Lucas have his fun, em.

Core work and a walk with hubby. Very surprised to receive a box with seasonal goodies from work. Every employee had one sent to their home in lieu of the annual xmas bash. It's all organic, even the Glühwein. Nice gesture 😊

• That's really nice chick!
    Think Ailsa and I were big kids then! Feeling weary now after just over ten miles . My shoes have a thick layer of mud on!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lovely chick!  My work sent a box of hotel chocolat chocolates, lovely especially as I've only been there 5 weeks!

I also loved my London running, but did not make up for the commute!

Let's just say Lucas' puddle suit will be in the wash tomorrow!!