Monday 14th December 2020 In this dirty old part of the city

Morning!

Lyrics: In this dirty old part of the city
Where the sun refused to shine

Another song for 2020?

What: will decide this pm

Why: working shortly
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Wake Up by Joss Stone.

Another rubbish night for me unfortunately Dustin. How is your daughter?

I hope they haven't caught up with you by Friday emzap :-)

You are a man of many talents OH. Hope conditions are better and you can swim today.

One more week to go at work Alehouse?

I'm glad today is not a run day as I am unbelievably tired. I don't think this low mileage three times a week running is good for me - I seem more tired than when I was running 100 mile weeks. Just Lola's walks today and try to summon some energy to see me through the afternoon of work.

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Missed yesterday again and haven't read back yet on all I missed last week.

Trying to find some motivation for work today.  Just a few days prior to a few more off over Christmas. At least I have a new view out of the window - my neighbours opposite are currently airing their bedclothes.

Have a good start to the week all.

What: something
    Why: sanity and it is a nice day out - cold,clear and crispy currently
    Last hard: getting back to a work routine today
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Me too long!!

Hazel that view made me laugh!

What: club night
    Why: run to see the Christmas lights. I'll try and remember my phone for photos!
    Last hard: I think there are hills tonight...
    Lyrics: yes

Lmh sorry to hear of another bad night.

Only 8 more working days this year!

Have a great day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I've been awol due the dreaded covid. So ill and still no improvement yet. Needless to say I'm not running, I actually can't because my breathing is so bad. 
    Son and Dil over the worst but very tired
    Daughter is improving. I've been so worried about all of them so it's a relief they're on the mend.
    Oh is ill bless him. We're a sorry pair! So much nice food in the house and can't eat as we've no taste. 
    Keep safe everyone, this is such a nasty thing. 
    Lmh sorry you had a bad night, I hope you're not poorly
    Emzap enjoy the club run
    Hazel lol a picture you conjur up 
    Be some time before I post a what I think ..   
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els I'm 62 and at the moment the oldest in the family to have got it. Thankfully my mum lives in Kent so I've not been near her
    Ohs mum is doing a test today but we don't think she has it, more like talking herself into it! She keeps crying down the phone over how Ill we are which is not useful. Hopefully she doesn't have it
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo - good to hear from you but not to hear that it's hitting you so hard. Hope your breathing improves, if not you should seek help! 
    Not helpful crying over the phone indeed! We've all been wishing you well. (and I'm 60!).
    Just done Tescos, nice and quiet thankfully though they didn't have all that I was wanting we can improvise.
    Not sure where I want to run today.
    Hazel - glad you're all moved!
  • Good to hear from you Wabo, sorry to hear you're still feeing so rough but at least some of the family are feeling better. Rest, fluids, paracetamol if needed, and waiting unfortunately.

I wonder if the reduced running is causing the sleep problem LMH. Have you any other cardio exercise you have access to that might help?

Suppose the view could be worse Hazel, though its certainly not the best.

That should be a nice run Emz

Els - just noticed my local tesco is now open 24/7 until 24th Dec to try and reduce crowding, as it has been pretty busy recently

I'll see how I feel after work today, might do a few easy miles this evening

Lyrics - yes. The artist /band name is sometimes what I think of my boys
  • Relieved to hear from you Wabo - all the best for your recovery.  Hope your OH's mum is ok.

View from the window is good actually - my little office overlooks a quiet road with more pedestrian than wheeled traffic so I get some entertainment.  Just seen a bloke run past.  A few trees as well with plenty of birds flitting around.

Enjoy the Christmas lights emzap.

Not looking forward to pre-Christmas shopping at all - hope I can order a freezer with a quick delivery and get in some stocks.  In good news I found a supplier for roll on icing so I will have less palavar for the cake.

Good point from Chamolk regarding the reduced exercice and lack of sleep LMH. 
  • Could be chamolk though it seems to be getting worse.

I think the ready rolled icing is harder Hazel. Hope you can sort a freezer.

Good to hear from you Wabo. Really hope you start to feel better soon.

Enjoy your run Els.

There are some pretty lurid xmas lights round here emzap - I'm guessing you'll find similar.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hi wabo! Thanks for popping in. I really hope you recover quickly, it sounds nasty

Lmh there's a house here that made the national news a few years ago as they do it for charity. It's amazing (and awful at the same time!).
  • Oh Wabo so glad to hear from you.It sounds awful I hope you can recover quickly

Hazel glad all is well how was the move and new home?

Els: how is the comeback with your running?

LMH: Sorry to hear about tiredness not good at all with low mileage.

What: 5.5 miles run
    Why: Because I can
    last hard: fall
    Lyrics: yes

My rhr is still up not lowering enough and tiredness takes over so I am going to have a rest day tomorrow as legs felt tired and foot scuffed pavement not picking feet up.better I have one before I fall or do any damage.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WP - Good thanks though legs a bit wooden yesterday and today having overdone it a bit Fri and Sat but was enjoying having company for a change. Rest day sounds like a plan, falls are not fun!
    Emz - enjoy the lights.
    Walk with a friend and coffee this morning (first time out of post Tier 3 quarantine) meant had to squeeze run in very quickly this afternoon before darkness which is already falling. Good to catch up though.
    Hazel - never tried rollon icing. The marzipan bit is done though. Thinking about trying to make polish Babka, it may well not work.
  • Oops posted under Peters log in by mistake!
  • Afternoon!

Great to see you Wabo! But not under the present circumstances. Take your time: lots of it! As runners we are pretty good at listening to our bodies: make sure you do! And a decent result for Leicester! I could hear you muttering about the Spurs' second half display! At least the Gooners lost!

What: 66 minutes largely off road

Why: probably this week's LSR. Hard work and it was a relief when I did a kilometre on the road. Pace increased significantly for less effort!

I have never used ready to roll icing, so can't comment! Will probably marzipan the cakes shortly. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - lovely to hear from you, and hopefully you'll soon be fully recovered. Keeping things crossed for you and the loved ones.
    LMH - It's an odd one with the miles v sleep. Not sure what the answer is..
    Hazel - sounds like a view to die for...as long as they aren't airing their dirty laundry I suppose....
    Emz - enjoy the lights. Must admit I'm an old misery with Christmas lights, I find them awful, especially the over the top displays...
    I have relented though and did put the tree up yesterday.

What - 6 miles in the fields
    Why - swamp thing recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday / Sunday
  • I'm still resisting putting the xmas decs up Dustin.

Nice to be able to have coffee with your friend Els. I'm considering trying a new (to me) gf stollen recipe I've found rather than making do with my stollen muffins but I know the muffins are nice and freeze well and I have no idea how the loaf will turn out.

A rest day sounds sensible Poppy.

It's definitely hard work in the mud at the minute Alehouse.
  • Afternoon again!

LMH: I have two more mornings working until January. And I must dig out your Stollen recipe.

Marzipan now on two cakes (one GF and dairy free). 

No Christmas decorations here until early next week: have to bring tree in out of the garden and don't want it inside for too many days. Did though experiment with a Christmas pizza!

• That's rather cool Ale!

• That looks good Alehouse.
  • That's awesome, ale. Loving it 👏👏

Thanks for checking in, wabo. Really sorry to hear that you and your other half are so ill. Hopefully you're over the worst in a few days. I'm sure it helps that you're a fit and healthy runner🙏

The view comment made me chuckle, Hazel.

Gosh, don't get me started on garish Xmas decorations 😆 we have a few neighbours that seem to favour the multi-colour blinking ones 🙈

I hope your knee improves so that you can get back to a more comfortable mileage, LMH.

Cue mass Xmas panic buying here today. The stupidity of most people is beyond me. I'm glad I can hide from the world in my home office. Wouldn't want to drive into town at the mo.

5k done. It's quite warm all of the sudden.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Loving the Christmas Pizza Ale

Hope you get a better night tonight LMH

Wabo, hope you soon recover and regain strength.

A real mixed bag here, bike trg is going well with 15.6m on Sun and 17.2m today, but now have new handrails on the stairs (both Sides and hand rails in the bathroom, thanks to the MS physio team.

Have also been put on to a bowel irrigation system that I now have to use daily as well, and with the fact I am now immunosuppressant, we have decided to cancel our Cyprus holiday and stay in this country instead as I don't feel comfortable with being in a plan with 2-300 others....

Anyway I thought I would take you back to September 2009 and Victory 5m race.... a new shiny PB with a sub 30.....

Oh yes indeed, was targeted and wanted to get rid of the demons..... that was 29:43 last year a nice new PB only to find out the course was 65m short.......

Revenge was plotted and planned a nice 2m warm up and I was ready in perfect conditions...

1m - 5:46, bliddy hell that was quick, got carried with the mass start....
    2m - 5:51 Why not carry it on, a bit more space now and lead club runner for AAC.
    3m - 5:58 Its hurting, but in a good group and pushing on... not far of my 5K road PB time..... this is fast
    4m - 6:00 I need a lung transplant, blowing out of all orifaces....
    5m - Time to put the foot on the pedal.... Body I said time to put the foot on the pedal... I aint going to say it again.... Finally get a response and push on and home...and through the line as 1st runner home for ACC, 63rd overall in a whopping NEW PB of 29:31 12 secs faster than last year when it was a short course... this year it was accurate.....

I was happy ........

Take care all -
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Love the race report rfj, sorry to hear about the rails etc though.

We never put lights up, but this year we have as our street actually looks very festive and most people have done it tastefully (though not everyone). I only like white or yellow lights, hate the multicoloured ones.

The ones we ran to today are a charity thing and are completely over the top, but they have to be too draw people in. It's a very impressive display but I'm glad I don't live opposite!

Nearly 9km run, almost past my front door!

Nice to be out with people.

• (The real OH this time!)
    2 trips to Post Office
    Swim and Solo " group" run.
    Getting sorted for Christmas
    Lyrics no

Nice pizza AH

Sorry to hear your news Wabo. Hope you and your family all recover quickly ...