Tuesday 15th December 2020 - Oh what a miserable year

Morning.

Lyrics - Oh what a miserable year

Good to hear that the bike training is going well RFJ. I think staying at home is the right decision, hope you can enjoy your time off here even though it's probably not going to be quite as warm as Cyprus.

People are strange chicksta. I hope that you can navigate your way through with as little stress as possible.

I like the white lights too emzap and must admit that whilst I'm very Bah Humbug the twinkly lights do bring a bit of welcome brightness.

Post Office for me too yesterday OH. Think I'll have to go again today for Mark but fortunately it isn't far and I can dodge the queue as the parcels are stamped.

Hope you are feeling better today Wabo.

Not a good night for me again. I have good sleep hygiene and am not consciously worried about anything but I think it must be anxiety as I'm having some strange dreams. Hey ho.

What:           easy miles
Why:            rehab
Last hard:    rehabbing this knee
Last rest:     14/12
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh

Good luck at the post office. I've decided to Hermes my remaining parcels as the queue was so long in the po the other day.

Ale that pizza looked great!

What: just walking to Lucas' nursery
    Why: rest day
    Last hard: last night, we did the 12 hills of Christmas, I didn't do all the hill reps!
    Lyrics: no but very appt.

Have a great day all
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were The Animals with We gotta get out of this place

What: easy run

Why: yesterday was harder so being sensible
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I don't have to queue fortunately emzap - a large stamp collection and set of scales means I can just pop in and leave them on the counter.

If you listen to Radio 2 you know the lyrics.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ohh lmh I wish they'd let us do that. We have to queue anyway and have them checked :(
  • Morning

Love yesterday's pizza Ale. 

Move went ok - thanks WP - haven't found everything yet and the kitties are still a bit traumatized but things are improving. Have a good rest day today.

Find Stollen quite hard to make so that it comes out well.

Just some outdoor lights (white) at the moment, with cats around we don't do a tree.  I wouldn't want the bill for those lights emzap.

That was inevitable with the panic shopping Chicksta. 

Shame about the Cyprus holiday RFJ.  Sounds sensible though.  Oh to be able to do a sub 30 5 miler.  A sub 6 mile even (though never tried an all-out one).  How do you keep yourself distracted on the bike?  I get bored within minutes.

Don't want to go near a post office, will try to get around it. 

Hope you have a decent run today LMH. 

What: hopefully a (small) group run
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: last couple of weeks
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no (hmm - can I get Radio 2 here?)
  • OK em, your picture wins the prize for most garish xmas decorations in the neighbourhood :D  But fine by me if they do it for charity. I wouldn't want to foot their electricity bill ...  Oh, just realised that Hazel wrote the same ;)

Hazel: I think you could do a sub 6 mile. You have the speed. 

RFJ: Thanks for another fine race report. You really ran some amazingly fast races. I also really appreciate the fact that you are so open about the ups and downs that come with your MS. Hugs coming your way and I totally understand that you are loath to travel at the moment. 

LMH: Rubbish night for me too. Mine is down to work stress, so at least I know why. Very apt lyrics today.

Got up reasonably early today to do my s&c routine and then kicked my lazy behind out the door to do 6k in the rain. I strangely enjoyed it. It has become rather warm so the rain didn't bother me and my OMM jacket kept me dry. I should have started the thread but I'm making a conscious effort to avoid staring at screens until after breakfast :) 
  • Even prepaid and stamped, they still weigh parcels again and check at our PO, so doesn't save much time and still need to queue.
    Short run, swim then physio on agenda for today ...
  • Morning,

Our post office is the same no queue jumping , they still weigh parcels no matter what,

What: Walk and strength training
    Why: rest day
    Last hard : Fall and tiredness
    Lyrics: No

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • It sounds as though I'm very fortunate with my post office then.

Hazel - I think you can get Radio 2 anywhere with the wonders of the internet. Just warming up after Lola's walk and will then get changed and head out.

Good that you enjoyed your run despite the weather chicksta. Those jackets are ace, I'd love another if I could find one at half price again.

Have you found the physio helpful OH?

Enjoy the walk Poppy.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hazel I could get it in Germany so I imagine you can in der Schweiz too.

We say the same about the electricity bill! 
  • Afternoon!

Lyrics: I do in fact know them, and I heard this song on Radio 2 about 15 minutes ago! Think I was still asleep this morning when I posted.

Chick: 6k sounds decent. Getting any easier?

What: about 3k out and 3k back slightly more quickly.

Why: supposed to be an easier run but legs a little jaded after yesterday's 66 minutes.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics - no idea!
    V minimalist christmas tree/lights this year as just us two old fogies home.
    Saw a lovely snowman and trees constructed out of painted palet bits outside a house this morning though!
    Busy day, had 9m walk with old work friend, baking a Badka and a 6 mile run with rather wooden legs. it's been a beautiful sunny cold day here after many gray ones so good to make the most of it.
    RFJ - good to hear from you.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Doesn't sound too bad if you were able to speed up on the return Alehouse. Hope you've been doing your stretches? This is the stollen recipe I'm thinking of trying - dairy free with the right baking spread: https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk/recipe/stollen

That does sound like a busy day Els and no wonder your legs were tired running after a walk of that length.
  • Thanks for the new recipe, LMH: will probably stick to the tried and tested one as I know that it is popular!
  • Badka (automiscorrected to Nadja!  :D )
    is yum!
    Although a lot of swell on many sides, Churchill Barrier 3 was calm and sunny: the advantages of choice on an island. 570m swum. 5k run prior to that.
    Physio is upbeat re progress. 
  • Well done Els! But how do you feel about progress OH?

That's my dilemma Alehouse - stick with the muffins which I know I like or try the new recipe, thing is I didn't know I liked the muffins until I'd made them so I'll probably give the loaf a go.
  • Less convinced but certainly has been some gradual slow progress.
  • It's good to hear that things are moving in the right direction.
  • Looks yummy, OH.

My pace isn't really going anywhere yet, ale. But my runs are getting a bit more frequent so there's that. Garmin tells me I'm productive and predicts a 3:31 marathon 😆