Thursday 17th December 2020 - Dear Santa

Morning.

Lyrics - Dear Santa

I'm writing you a letter

Should be my last day at work this year but I expect I'll end up doing bits and bobs tomorrow. I'd rather work but as the uni is closed I can't. The decorations are out of the loft but haven't got any further yet. Cards and presents are written, wrapped and posted as required so I guess it's just a case of hoping I can get what we want food wise and hunkering down. I'd quite happily not bother joining in with it at all but with MiL I feel I have to make the effort. Mark likes it all but I don't think much would happen if it were left to him. One year I may leave it and find out!

What:          easy miles
Why:           rehab
Last hard:   stopping my knee hurting
Last rest:    16/12
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

'fraid I've given up on Xmas this year.  It will be just the two of us as we can't travel to either family (UK, DE).  OH isn't bothered anyway.  Will finish off the cake and get in some food but not overdo it - that will be about it.   
    What: would like to get in a slightly longer mid-week but I don't think it will happen, so likely a 6-7 miler again.  Need to visit officialdom later to register where I am living now.
    Why: ticking over
    Last hard: seeing any sort of light at the end of the tunnel
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

No work here either until January 4th or thereabouts now. 

What: probably an easy half an hour

Why: easy day

Car MOT this afternoon so may run whilst that happens. We'll see.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

Just the two of us for Christmas we have plenty here just need the fresh stuff next week and some cake I heard a clementine and almond cake on the radio yesterday so muct see if there is a recipe as I fancy it.

What 4.7 miles
    Why: Sanity and because
    Last hard Tiredness and fall
    Lyrics:No

Two rest days as very tired so happy to run today.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Have you not made a cake again Poppy?

Hazel - I hope that you feel a bit brighter. Your plans for xmas sound ideal to me but I have MiL so will need to make a bit more of an effort than I would probably do if that weren't the case. The vaccine is coming and I really think that by the end of next year things will look very different.

Hope the car goes through ok Alehouse.

Finished work (sort of) and nearly warmed up after Lola's walk so it's time to get changed and head out. Cold but bright and dry so as long as I wrap up it should be nice once my knee stops hurting. Difficult to plan a route as we have a few bits flooded still and others are very muddy and not good with my knee.
  • Gonna be equally quiet here but just have to stay home and try to enjoy a quiet one I guess. All parcels off and just a few cards to do now. Guess it gives us time for a Christmas day run for a change, haven't even decided on a meal for the day itself yet!
    Had a shorter run yesterday to get to yoga in time though had got rather muddy feet from the run there! then had a walk and coffee with a friend which was nice. Plus CPD in the evening, it was a bit of a mixed bag of talks!
    Have just made a huge bowl of mincemeat, forgot to halve the quantities, ah dear! Shame as son and son in law love mince pies, will have to keep some for later in the year (though it doesn't keep well). Also made spiced apple jelly for the first time with the tiny apples from our tree. Great recipe as you don't have to peel them first which would have been very tedious, maybe give some to friends here.
    Sun has come out after very gray day yesterday so I think a run is in order now!
  • WP - glad to hear you are fully recovered and back running. Hope Wabo is making some progress too.
    One of our Cape Wrath bunch is terminally ill with a brain tumour at the minute. Very sobering. Testament to the Cape Wrath community that his son has been keeping us all up to date with things and he is in everyone's thoughts but an awful time for them.
  • Sorry to hear about your friend Els. You could freeze the extra mincemeat.

I hope that Wabo and family are recovering but guess the fact that she hasn't posted probably means she's still feeling very rough.
  • Afternoon!

I will contact Wabo in the next few days to ask about progress. Probably had a relapse after Spurs' result yesterday!

Ran this morning whilst the sun was out which was a good move: raining whilst I wandered around waiting for the car to be MOT'd. Anyway it passed, which is always a relief.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - good news re the car
    Conversely, I'm working most of it except the 25th & 28th but have booked NYE off too. 
    All will be from home though I'd expect.
    Going to be quiet although its usually just the 4 of us anyway. 
    It's money / vouchers for most of those we buy for, and we're deferring presents for a weekend away with my brother & SiL in the spring (hopefully)

What - just short of 10 over the fields
    Why - recce of the clubs Xmas Eve route (plus run there & back)
    Last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    Trails a little bit soft underfoot...

• Dustin, that looks like the lane at the end of my road! Are you sure you haven't popped north for the day?
  • It's been beautiful here, still dark by 3.30 pm though! Today's run covered much of yesterday's ground plus a little extra but much drier underfoot, couldn't run on beach though as tide up to the wall!
    Not a close friend LMH but a very decent guy, always did his share of marshaling and had a good line in fancy dress and where to find the best food in Durness!
    How did your run go?
    So mincemeat and spiced apple jelly made (doubt it's as good as my friend's but hey will be nice for some little local pressies and uses up all those tiny apples. Curry simmering for dinner and that's it for today I think, run out of steam.
    Dustin - they're going to love you on Christmas Eve, especially when they trek mud all over the house afterwards!
    Guess your MiL will be high on list for vaccine LMH. Think we could be months off being offered it but who knows. 

• Els - MiL is only 75 and no underlying conditions that would bump her up the list so I suspect it will be a while yet. Spicy Root Veg and Lentil Stew here for dinner so not too far off your curry :-) Homemade gifts are always appreciated, I'm sure your spiced apple jelly will go down well. Is it like a jam or more of a chutney? I kept my run shorter today as I plan to try again tomorrow but my knee was unhappy on the walk home.

That is WET Dustin! I'd rather work through but it's not an option.

Good news on the dry run and the MOT Alehouse.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Late post here from me

What: about 6km walked with Lucas and a friend after nursery to see the Christmas lights
    Why: he's flying home tomorrow so last chance to do it
    Lyrics: nope

Glad to see you're feeling better poppy :)

Just the 3 of us for Christmas, can't risk giving it to my dad when Lucas is in nursery right up until Christmas.

I still need to start making his Christmas presents...

Have a lovely evening all
  • too much work so just a very brief check-in to reveal yesterday's lyrics: Run, run Rudy by Chuck Berry.

Drowning in work, so not much time to catch up, sorry.

(((Els)))  that's awful news re. your friend.

Not much Chrimbo action going on here either. We will have my parents over but that's it. No pressie extravaganza either since everything is in lockdown. Hey ho. Few more days to survive and then BREATHE .... :)

Managed another short run when I thought I was done for the day only to receive a call from my team mates that they needed me to finish one more thing.