Friday 18th December 2020 Don't worry, about a thing

Morning!

Lyrics: Don't worry, about a thing
'Cause every little thing, gonna be all right

Another song for 2020 that most will know...but do you know the title?

What: 30 to 40 minutes

Why: M75's plan
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• I think I was a minute ahead of you, LMH. And I know your lyrics. Hope everything feels alright when you get into your run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Glad you were able to get a run in chicksta - hope work quietens down soon. Mark and I decided that we have everything we need so no presents for the sake of it though we will buy each other little bits that we think will be well received.

Is that presents to make for Lucas or your dad emzap? At least Lucas won't understand too much again this year. Glad you were able to make the most of the time with your friend.

Hope Wabo and family are recovering.

Thinking about chamolk in these difficult times too - hope you have time for some running.

I had a really rough night and despite my shorter run yesterday my knees weren't happy but I intend to try another short run this morning.

What:          even shorter run
    Why:           seeing if I can
    Last hard:   sleeping
    Last rest:    17/12

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

What: just over 40 minutes largely off road

Why: what M75 decided. Managed to just finish before the rain and wind arrived. 
  • Morning

Good timing for your M75 outing Ale and also as anticipated.  Good news your car got through the MOT.

Hope that the run goes ok LMH and that you get a better night's sleep tonight.  I think it will take some months to feel things are improving.  No vaccine here yet. 

Hope you had a nice run yesterday WP.  Clementine and almond cake sounds nice.

Sad news regarding your friend Els. Spice apple jelly sounds delicious. 

Your comment on Wabo's relapse because of the Spurs results made me smile Ale but fingers crossed things are improving!

You can almost go swimming in that puddle Dustin!

Rare to read of someone flying anywhere at the moment emzap.

Sounds like you are really in need of a break from work Chicksta. 

Will be doing the home presents post-Christmas now as neither us have the time / inclination to go into town and it is likely a shutdown will be announced today anyway.  Working until 23rd anyway.

What: flat recovery
    Why: legs need a break from the hills
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning..lyrics yup!  Favourite of my nephew when little.
    Hazel...sounds bad though I think not enough being done over Christmas here.
    Hope you're ok wabo.
    Apple jelly is a jam like one with cloves and cinnamon...tastes nice!
    And first lot mince pies in the oven.
    Central heating kaput again...sounds bad for until they start work on our new boiler mid Jan. These old houses loose heat so fast.
    Run maybe 6pm...running club Christmas fun thing socially distances...we all get a map of Kirkwall and have to make a Christmas themed shape. On the other hand I prefer to run in daylight!
  • Feel free to post some down Els! Not good about the heating especially at this time of year.

Are things bad there than Hazel? Hopefully the government will approve a vaccine soon.

I just about made it round in the dry too Alehouse.
  • Morning again!

Just heard from Wabo: Says that the last two days definitely on a slight up. But it doesn't take much to knock her down! No desire to run, but did have a gentle walk yesterday.
  • Thanks for the update alehouse.

It would appear that I have a new (no work, no pay) job on the vaccination program subject to completing the required training. Details are scarce at the moment. Excited and terrified in equal measure.
  • Well done LMH...is this going to be part or full time or a bit scarce on details yet?
    Glad to hear wabo is improving.
    Nice enough walk this morning...now it's raining and I'm guessing will have to force myself out later.
  • Congrats, LMH. Nice that you got another short run in. With you on the terrible sleep.

Thanks for letting us know about wabo, ale.

Oh no, heating is not want you want to break in winter, Els. Hope you can get it fixed. Nice idea for an Xmas run. I'd do a bauble - all you'd have to do is run in a circle :D

Smart move, Hazel. Enjoy your flat run.

Managed a 6k run in daylight on a bright and sunny afternoon. I started work at 6 and it seems I'm on top of things for the moment.

• It was such a nice day yesterday that I forgot to post.
    Round the wreck with a stunning sky then up the hill yesterday.
    Less nice today but still run and swum.
    Lyrics no 

Glad to hear Wabo's beginning to turn the corner.
  • And revisiting the festive Juniata (wreck) today
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Great photos OH
    Els - sorry to hear about your friend's condition, saddened to hear that
    LmH - good luck with the new role!
    Ale - nice distance today. It could have been further north yesterday but for one thing - there was sun in the sky  :D  
    Thanks for the Wabo update too, tell her we're all thinking of her

What - 4 easy miles
    Why - legs mangled
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yes, and I think I know the title too...
  • You make it look so appealing OH - which apart from the temperature - it is.

Els - as I already have one part time job I will do it part time, it's through the bank. So much training to do (and that's just the online components) but at least they are paying us to do it. Hope you don't get too cold on your run.

Cheers Dustin - no idea when I'll actually get to start (or if I'll be pleased that I got it when I do, could be one of those 'seemed like a good idea at the time things). Not surprised an easy run was called for today.

Is that you finished for xmas emzap?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: lots of very wet walking
    Why: drove to friend's house and walked with her and Lucas' friend into Worcester to see their Christmas tree display
    Last hard: we got drenched doing that!
    Lyrics: yes!

Well done on the job lmh, hope you get more details soon. 4 more days of work here. Making Lucas dressing gown, slippers and pjs hopefully but currently half way through dressing gown and others not started...

Oh those are beautiful photos.

Thanks for keeping us updated on wabo ale, please send her our love next time you contact her.

Hazel yes not much flying though bil has also flown back to Cape town for Christmas...

Have a lovely evening all