Wednesday 23rd December 2020 There's a pink one and a green one

Morning!

There's a pink one and a green one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky

38 years ago today I was excited about getting the keys to my first house. Was going to stay for a couple of years and then get something bigger. Still here! 

What: easy run with M75

Why: his suggestion

And it is raining.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I love this song ale! Happy houseiversary! Ours was Monday but only 3 years at this one (and 4 since we left Germany!).

What: walk to nursery then supermarket , first time since Easter... And butcher
    Why: there are a few bits we need for Christmas
    Last hard: queue for greengrocer yesterday. 40 minutes!!! 
    Lyrics: yes!! Also used in a TV show but knew the song before I heard it there.

Oh, was the long interaction because you knew the vaccinator, or were there a lot of questions? It's so exciting you've had number 1!

Have a lovely day all.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - I Believe In Father Christmas - Greg Lake.

OH - even for giving the flu and B12 jabs my practice nurses are in apron, gloves, visor and mask.

emzap - I can't believe it's that long since you moved back and were house hunting! Hope it isn't too busy today.

Not quite as long alehouse but I was only going to stay here for a couple of years too when I moved in - coming up for eighteen years ago!

Waiting to see what Asda do and don't provide in this afternoon's click and collect though fortunately we can manage without just about all of it if it comes down to it then it will be major fridge juggling. Leaving the turkey crown at the butcher's until tomorrow - their fridge is bigger than ours! Due to MiL deciding independently on what would be happening this year I have been landed with cooking the main Xmas dinner on Boxing Day which makes storing the turkey more awkward than it would have been had it only been overnight <<sigh>>. Had a better night's sleep last night and am feeling brighter this morning so may attempt the stollen and some more online learning.

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hiya
    Excellent cake baking and decorating skills on show in here. 
    OH - good news with the van , less so with the heating
    Emz - loving the chicken run!
    Ale - congrats on the house anniversary. Another non mover here: moved to the house I grew up in aged 2, bought my first house 20 years later and then 6 years after that, I moved in to this one with the wife (well gf at the time) - that was 25 years ago. 

What - easy run 
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - last night's club session 10x400s (road)
    You forget how painful shorter reps can be, but loved giving the legs a going over!
    lyric - don't think so

Winding down work wise: just 2 of us "in" today. Shambles, no cover for all sorts of things. The non logical management rules of getting everyone to take leave before year end rather than roll some over and stagger it in Q1....

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
     lyrics yes, great!
    Alehouse you must love your house, enjoy your run
    Emzap enjoy the walking and festive shopping
    Lmh hope nothing important is missing! 
    We installed our new cooker and swapped fridge doors round yesterday, busy day for us!! 
    What nothing most likely
    Why still tired
    Last hard 10/12
    Last rest every day since
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning..

The house anniversary made me laugh - 2 weeks yesterday for me..  Managed to live for 8 years in one flat but have moved around a bit over time.  We rent - maybe that makes a difference?

Have a nice run with M75 Ale.  Good news you are getting back to some quicker stuff again.

Shopping sounds like a nightmare emzap.  Nice you still have some smaller shops though.

Great news you've had the jab OH - hopefully no side effects.  There are a lot of anti-vaccine people here :-(  Or maybe it is just that they like to give their opinions on the HYS on online media. 

Glad you slept better and are feeling brighter today LMH.  Will you be getting to stick needles in people then?

400s are tough Dustin.  Feel your pain regarding cover at work - one of my colleagues keeps disappearing without notice and doesn't delegate - customer not really amused and contacts me to complain.  Meeting in a bit to sort it as I need The Boss to speak a word or two.

Sounds like you are more active then Wabo - good news!

Lol to the personality crisis Els.  That recipe looks good (just quickly saved it to my desktop).  Thanks for the cake pic - looks very nice - I guess you found the cake frill then.

What: 10 miles ish (whatever it turns out to be)
    Why: exploring in the woods later - need to check out some interesting side paths on a standard route.  I will take a map to make sure I don't get lost!
    Last hard: dealing with work issues
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Hopefully the run in the woods will help with the work stress Hazel. Hopefully (on the needle front) if i ever finish the training! Two modules successfully passed this morning between baking stollen and mincemeat muffins (Mark likes mincemeat and pastry but isn't keen on mince pies).

Dustin - same thing for my husband, not allowed to let his team carry over any extra leave but has to provide cover for xmas.

You are sounding brighter Wabo - how is everyone doing?
  • Afternoon!

You do sound much more positive today, Wabo! Hope Stoke don't set you back later!

The bureaucracy surrounding the vaccine sounds ridiculous, LMH and OH

What: 35 windy but dry minutes largely off road with M75

Why: recovery run, a chance to run with someone, and a chance to chat to someone, which hasn't happened much recently!

Supermarket braved: surprisingly quiet: no queue at the checkout for once. Just bread and perhaps croissants to buy tomorrow, plus may collect the turkey this pm.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

• No ill effects yet 😂
  • No heating yet so, coupled with a low tide which would have meant a long cold walk in, skipped swimming this morning.
    Liquid crystal thermometer reading 8-12°C in house this morning.
    Yoga class (last one for a while ...)
    Maybe short run after lunch
    Last hard: house temperature
    Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    No queues at all this morning, Waitrose, butcher and fave cafe! Did get the butchers coffee as they'd been working since 6am with no break and we went in at 10!  Got soaked through walking home. Our road is flowing!

Wabo you do sound a lot cheerier!
    Hazel have a good run, hope it eases the stress
    Lmh lots of things done this morning!

Have a lovely day
  • But has your wifi/phone reception improved OH?  :) I hope you can get your heating sorted. We are due a cold spell from tomorrow and have weather warnings for wind on the 25th and 26th.

I know what you mean about talking to someone alehouse - people have always been mostly friendly here but now everyone seems to take the opportunity to say more than hello when it's offered.

That sounds good emzap. I would like to have a nearby Waitrose, can't get enough of an order together to justify a delivery as I'd just like some bits that I can't get elsewhere.
  • alehouse - the gf stollen is a success - Mark says it tastes like the normal one (it was so long ago I last had it I wouldn't have the clue). I followed the recipe apart from not using a lemon as I didn't have one, using glace cherries for some of the dried fruit and chopping the marzipan into small pieces rather than rolling in in to a log. I love marzipan but even with only using about half of the amount in the recipe it's plenty.
  • Late post from me....not too much doing today....had. Walk and coffee with friend early then covid Jag. Legs still like jelly from yesterday's yoga so just. Short afternoon run.
    Everyone sounds busy and wabo you sound a bit brighter. Didn't you used to go up to Cape Wrath?
    Cold but bright day...fritters heading out the road though. And boiler still not fixed despite best efforts of repair man.
    Maybe my kids will be glad not to be coming home!😨
  • Sorry to hear about the heating Els. Good that you've had your first vaccination too. Are you going to be working on the vaccination program?
  • Despite open fire and 2 electric radiators our house is struggling to remain at 12°C.
    5k jog earlier (to get warm!)
  • Have now managed to re-login with e-elfh (online learning for Covid vaccinators)
    Previous login was using my old defunct nhs.net email address which has now migrated to nhs.scot account but login  linked to unique GMC number. So could neither reset password nor create a fresh account. Fortunately and surprisingly, there was a human on the help email at 16:30 today.
    Next ethical decision: happy to do vaccinations on a voluntary basis but don't want to do anyone out of a job.

Nice low sun on jog: photos taken around 14:50

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Phew alehouse, stoke didn't upset me
    I made a last minute Christmas pudding today. 
    I am brighter but every evening I slump a bit just to remind me I'm not there yet
    Els and oh chilly! 
    Emzap it was flooding down here when we went shopping too! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Evening!

I bet Stoke had you a little worried when they equalised, Wabo. And don't do too much!

Glad the Stollen loaf was approved of, LMH! Tomorrow I will be making a second batch of the muffins. And mince pies. 

Feel for your lack of heat, Els and OH! Reminds me of student days having to go into the pub opposite to get warm, and making half a pint of mild last a couple of hours! Wouldn't happen these days: no pubs!